DJKOR's Aurion - Rev. 2

DJKOR

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Had to bump this after what I spotted today :D hint hint

Saw my first ever "lowered" TRD Aurion, silver, stock rims in silver and lowered about an extra 30mm over standard, and WOW this thing looked a million bucks, they look tough standard but dropped a little more and again, WOW...... soooo classy this thing.. that's all :whistling:

Thanks for the bump. Car is pretty much the same way I had it when I left this thread.

This car may be my daily, but there are some coilovers on the cards since I need new shocks anyways. I was going to drop it about 15mm though to remove any space between the wheel arch and tire. As much as I want to go lower, I would scratch the underside of the TRD so so badly.

Totally understand Daryl about not wanting to scrape but really this was just amazing, I actually saw it twice today, if I see it again i'll try take a pic

I love those rims too.....There was a hint of VIP about it I must say..

edit: My work here is done ;)

Don't sell it, I can almost guarantee you'll regret it.

Your mph is good for mid 12's on the slide rule, surely that has to tweak your interest? :D

See you on the 9th May at Willowbank. Bring your TRD.

Don't sell it, I can almost guarantee you'll regret it.

Your mph is good for mid 12's on the slide rule, surely that has to tweak your interest? :D

See you on the 9th May at Willowbank. Bring your TRD.

What's on May 9? I wanna run too!

• 5 months later...

So it has pretty much been forever since I have done anything to my TRD. Well yesterday (well on Monday because that's when I went in to book her in) I caved in and made the decision to get some Pedders XA Coilovers. I am yet to find my sweet spot with them but all I can say is WOW!

Driving like it is on rails is one way to describe it. I'm still finding it amazing how far it can be pushed now without losing grip. Even when pushed to the point that it does lose traction, it is easy to recover from the slide unlike before where you had to be careful not to swing the weight the other direction and unsettle it even more.

When I had them fitted, I asked for it to be dropped so the top of the tire is pretty much in line with the bottom of the guards. The before and after measurements from the ground to the bottom of the guards are as follows:

Before / After (cm)

FR: 68.5 / 66.5

FL: 69.0 / 67.0

RR: 68.0 / 64.0

RL: 68.0 / 64.0

That gives a 20mm drop on the front and a 40mm drop on the rear. One thing to note though is that this is a drop based on the TRD suspension. From previous experience, I found the TRD suspension in comparison to the Sportivo suspension sits 15mm lower in the rear and 13mm lower in the front.

So comparatively speaking, in comparison to an Aurion Sportivo, my TRD now sits 55mm lower in the rear and 33mm lower in the front. The car is pretty close to being level with the front pointing down ever so slightly.

Anyways, enough of that. Now for the pics:

DSC01566.jpg

DSC01570.jpg

DSC01575.jpg

DSC01576.jpg

DSC01577.jpg

• Like 1

looks fantastic dj , sits perferctly i say !

how much did it set you back ?

Thanks. Set me back 2k fitted. Wasn't in the mood to see if I could save a hundred or so by looking around because being an impulse buy, I just wanted it ASAP. Plus they were a 15 minute walk from my office making it really convenient to go to.

They look familar,so shiny & clean....bout time you upgraded and yeah i meant upgraded :toast:

Nice one mate,i'm pretty sure you will enjoy em just as much as i still do.

p.s she is sitting perfect imho,looks awesome,like a big silver cat.

One thing though, how do you adjust the rear? I can see for the front it's easy but where abouts would the adjustment be for the rear? Pics maybe??

It is adjusted with some extensions on the adjustment dial that stick out into the boot. They pretty much look like this. You can figure out how it works:

http://apexi-usa.com/shop/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/2/z/2z002_110mm.jpg

You get much scrubbing being that low?

None at all. I could get away with lowering it more but the TRD bodykit hangs lower than a Sportivo kit so I would have some huge issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Soooooooo. I have been pretty hesitant to changing my wheels. Part of me is on the side that says that spending money like that isn't really necessary when it can be saved.... the other part of me wanted to retain the TRD's factory look.

When the right offer comes along though, I guess that's when you start to reassess the current situation. Thanks to a wonderful member of the forum here by the name of "zedder", I have made the change and feel quite great. I've always loved 5-spoke designs and this is certainly one of them.

di-513480471543.jpg

di-1513480471637.jpg

di-1513480471804.jpg