DJKOR's Aurion - Rev. 2

DJKOR

I think I like the TRD with the darker rims like Dave's. Looks weird in that colour...

Don't rub it in mate :lol:

I unfortunately don't have the resources that Dave has. Getting my current rims painted would mean that I would have to find a temporary replacement to drive on. Not sure if I can find that easily. Dave got lucky in finding a complete spare set of TRD wheels.

Oh and what does your Dad think of the upgrade now? lol

Actually he approves of it. After the initial anger (ie. yelling at me furiously) after the crash, he then came to realise that the insurance payout was a good $12k more than what the car was purchased for. Once that settled in his mind, he thought the move to the TRD wasn't a bad idea. Considering that it had less k's than my Sportivo when I got it as well.

Do the rims come in 2 colours?

I just assumed Dave's ones look like that because they are dirty all the time! :lol: (I do recall Dave mentioning the Hawk pads are quite dusty)

Yeah, the 3500S comes with grey wheels and the 3500SL comes with silver ones. The grey ones would be nice, but not quite the easiest thing for me to sort out any time soon. I guess I will have to live with what I've got in the meantime. This is what the grey ones look like:

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5710/tr...n2007781420.jpg

• Like 1

This is something I will definitely be considering. I do recall reading this though:

The old car bra hay? a few months ago we had a a Sportivo come to the dealership with some headlight problems (were pointing up quite a fairway) and i got talking to the owner and mentioned i had a ZR6 two and we was chatting about the mods we had made to our cars when he pointed out the clear film that covered his entire bonnet and bumper/spoiler. it was a glorified version of the normal clear bonnet protector strip but apparently they had done a massive amount of research into the energy impact from the stone chip, his special film made the stone ship energy disperse over a large area therefore would never puncture the film and damage the vehicle and seriously until the owner pointed it out you had no idea it was on the car, the only give away was on some of the curves on the bumper you could see where the film didn’t quite go to the edges but other than that you'd never of known.

If I can find someone who can do this, I think I may actually get it done. Probably not the entire bonnet as mentioned above, but definitely the bumper. Being a daily driver, stone chips can be hard to avoid.

I may see if I can find more information on this. Something like what is offered here:

This fella is on the Northside. He is a good bloke, deals with plenty of exotica so knows how to treat things with care.

http://www.theracingroom.com.au/pages/p_standard.asp?pid=56

can you catch me on the twisty black stuff, that's the question... supercharged TRD was way off...

Well, not being overly confident, I reckon the TRD may have some good potential around the track. I was able to get a similar time to Elgin in my Sportivo and that was both our first time out at QR. So I reckon there is a second or two to be shaved from the lap time.

That said though, at this point in time I feel that this car is too 'new' to be exposed to the track. Maybe once I've driven it for several thousand k's can I then start thinking about whether I want to take her out or not.

This fella is on the Northside. He is a good bloke, deals with plenty of exotica so knows how to treat things with care.

http://www.theracingroom.com.au/pages/p_standard.asp?pid=56

Thanks for the link Dave. I will definitely enquire with them then. Also, now that you brought them up, now I'll be tempted again to buy a Braille battery.

• Like 1

grats daryl on new purchase man cant wait to see it !! maybe a ride ? :P hahaha sorry to hear about the last carr but please do keep her on the road.

wheels in gunmetal would be hot i would say so !!

Well, it's been a busy few days or so, but I've finally managed to get the bulk of everything completed. My main priority was to get the Safety Certificate so I could then go and fix the registration up, but arriving on the start of a long weekend kind of pushed things back a little. Then I was told that two of my tires weren't considered safe due to blisters on the sidewall (ooops on my behalf for not paying attention) so I had to get two new tires today as well. 19's sure look good, but man, the rubber doesn't exactly come cheap if you want it to do something for you. In future, I am going to order my tires online from places where I can save some coin.

Anyways, the tires I put on are Yokohama S.drive's. I don't like the soft compound of the Yoko's, but I just wanted to sort this out ASAP.

So after all that was sorted, I finally got down to Queensland Transport and fixed up my registration. South Australian standard issue plates are gone and Aimee is now sporting some 'DJKOR' plates. Everything is starting to feel more natural.

So since I got back into Brisbane on Friday, I've managed to do a full clean inside and out, and install:

- A GPS head unit

- An amp an sub

- Ultra Racing front strut brace and rear sway bar

- TRD panel filter

- HID's

- LED interior lights

These were things that luckily had faster shipping on eBay which I ordered last week, or were conveniently located in Brisbane (thanks David).

Apart from that, there is nothing else that has occurred. I am way overdue for photos (I know that), but I will take some when I next get a chance. Now that I have my plates on her, photos will be more suitable.

And boy does she still put a smile on my face every time I put my foot down. The difference between a standard Aurion is quite noticeable. And with my front snorkel removed and my TRD panel filter, the supercharger's quiet whine is actually now noticeable... just not as much as I would wish.

• Like 1

hey DJ are you comming out thur if so we may be able to met up a bit earlier for some photos let me know if your keen

I'll definitely be heading out tomorrow night... unless no one wants to see me :lol:

If anyone was to bring a camera as well.... I'd be a happy man.

If you were able to take a couple of shots for me Michael, that would be magnificent... and considering you photos were last on my signature.

• Like 1

love the new sig dude, see you tomorow night...can you take me for a spin in it? ive only ever been in one :(

x2

hey, you guys are lucky, ive yet to experience the thrill and joy of a TRD aurion. :( one day. :D

Plenty of joyrides available for all tomorrow. This is why I have my 20% worn Dunlop Sport Maxx's at the front and my soft, expensive Yokohama's on the rears. I personally don't like the Dunlops, so I'd rather use them than chew through the Yoko's.

Mick gets the first run though :lol:

• Like 1

Plenty of joyrides available for all tomorrow. This is why I have my 20% worn Dunlop Sport Maxx's at the front and my soft, expensive Yokohama's on the rears. I personally don't like the Dunlops, so I'd rather use them than chew through the Yoko's.

Mick gets the first run though :lol:

yeww!

Well, it is the photo update that some have been asking for. Because I am not skilled enough to take a decent photo myself, I am very lucky to have Michael (51DER) around so that he could fill in where I am lacking. As a result, I now present you with some photos that he took for me the other night. Thanks mate.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

• Like 2

hehe you saw how sweaty I came back from down there the pics turned out pretty good I look forward to getting some new lighting equipment in the near future also there is a fair bit of loss in detail putting them on the net

the files have gone from 10 m to a few hundred k so I have to see what I can do about that as well

also Daz it was my pleasure have been looking forward to shooting it helps improve my skills as well

cheers