DJKOR's Aurion - Rev. 2

DJKOR

The shots look really good... could have used them in the new TRD ads (if they are still manufacturing and selling them...) :P

Daryl, I really like the mesh instead of the original TRD lower grill. :clap:

It's something that I will have to like one way or another.

What happened to the original TRD mesh?? I thought you changed it for a different look. Anyway, I still like it as it does not look out of place and blends in with the car really well.

Just read the original thread about what happened to your car on your trip home from SA!! :o

Have you looked into claiming insurance and just paying the excess - assuming your excess is less than $674.

Have you looked into claiming insurance and just paying the excess - assuming your excess is less than $674.

With a $500 excess, would you pay that much for a piece of metal like that?

• Like 1

With a $500 excess, would you pay that much for a piece of metal like that?

one of the "joys" of owning a TRD is the ripoff price of replacement parts I guess. However having priced small pieces of plastic at similar (and even worse) prices from toyota spares before, maybe it's not just a TRD thing.

• Like 1

one of the "joys" of owning a TRD is the ripoff price of replacement parts I guess. However having priced small pieces of plastic at similar (and even worse) prices from toyota spares before, maybe it's not just a TRD thing.

Well Toyota wanted $3.20 for a M10x1.25 Flanged nut for the strut towers. I went to Boltmasters and paid $0.98 for 6 of them.

The only thing I have bought from Toyota that didn't make me cringe was a 500ml bottle of brake fluid (~$10) and a paper gasket for a brake master cylinder ($2.30).

edit: Daryl, when I saw the grill when you popped over to ST's place I didn't realise there was anything wrong. I think it falls in the good to great category

• Like 1

Its pretty :) good you dont have to do the complete build all over again. Sand to see Sam is no longer :( but a nice replacement. No wonder I didnt see you on Fri night going up springbrook, I was in a white Hilux with the man. how'd she handle?

Hey Nina. She sure handles much better than Sam did. Still has the annoying loud sliding issue with those smooth surfaces that cover a fair bit of Springbrook. Still holds her place on the road though... just a bit of slide with lots of tire squeal.

The cruise that night was alright, but got a stupid whinny little P plater b*** having a go at me on Boostloosing because I was tailing her around the mountain for a little. Stupid girl though it would be wise to go up the front where it's obvious what people do at the front.

• Like 1

The cruise that night was alright, but got a stupid whinny little P plater b*** having a go at me on Boostloosing because I was tailing her around the mountain for a little. Stupid girl though it would be wise to go up the front where it's obvious what people do at the front.

Just read that thread. Sounded like she bit off more than she could chew, didn't know what to do and tried to blame you.

• Like 1

Just read that thread. Sounded like she bit off more than she could chew, didn't know what to do and tried to blame you.

Hahaha :lol: she would have been sh!tting herself with DJ up her clacker thru the twisties in a menacing looking TRD,lucky it wasn't Tats Chaser (looks so mean in the review mirror) i reckon she would have stacked for sure. :lol:

I guess she forgot the cruise mantra...fast up front and bit of both in the middle and a slow shuffle at the rear. :P

also funny how some P platers get found out very quickly when being pushed up the front of a cruise/run,not as good as you thunk aye. ;)

noticed that you've changed your bulbs to led quite often.

just wondering, anyone know how long the LED T10 wedges last? im still finding the right ones specifically for my tail number plate lights.

for some reason, any white light (including both bulbs and white leds) have blown within 3 months. kinda annoying, however, the same type of fitted in the plate lights last years when fitted on the front parker.

where do u get your led number plate light from Djkor?

i wonder if its got anything to do with the amps it draws. i just ordered some t10 wedge leds that draw 0.02amps as supposed to the normal 0.04amps

cheers

noticed that you've changed your bulbs to led quite often.

Well I used to, but these were mainly the parkers. It took a while before I found ones that can take the heat that is generated from the headlights.

just wondering, anyone know how long the LED T10 wedges last? im still finding the right ones specifically for my tail number plate lights.

for some reason, any white light (including both bulbs and white leds) have blown within 3 months. kinda annoying, however, the same type of fitted in the plate lights last years when fitted on the front parker.

It all depends on which ones you get. I find the SMD type LED replacements have a higher fail rate than most others, but it's pretty much hit and miss I've found.

where do u get your led number plate light from Djkor?

Always from eBay for me. The last set I got seemed to last for ages on my Sportivo, so I stick by them.

These are the type of ones I'm using in my number plate lights:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-194-168-T10-1W-Super-Xenon-SMD-White-LED-Light-Bulb_W0QQitemZ120546984229QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item1c11290125

i wonder if its got anything to do with the amps it draws. i just ordered some t10 wedge leds that draw 0.02amps as supposed to the normal 0.04amps

I think it's more to do with the cheap and basic way of making the LED's work on 12v. Most 12v LED replacements out there simply use a resistor as the sole means of current limiting which is required for the LED's to work. Because your car power can vary between 11.8v to around 13.8v, the LED's will be experiencing this as well. It's usually this constant fluctuation of power that ends up killing them since the resistors are only usually chosen for 12v operating voltage.

• Like 1

lol those are the ones i use for my front parkers. they are still working so i guess they must be ok. they do look a very very slight hint of purple but mostly white.

ive just ordered some from led-online to try, and these to try and if they blow i'll just have to stick with the ones on my front parkers.

quite annoying they keep blowing!

Cheerios mate

Well, since Andrew wanted to take his newly supercharged Gen 5 to the dyno to make sure it's AFR's are all good, I thought I would take this opportunity to put my TRD on the dyno to see what it is pushing out 'stock'. I say stock that way because I removed the snorkel at the front which I believe is a sufficient restriction on the supercharger to reduce it's output a little. Anyways, the dyno graph speaks for itself.

For those that can see the picture or prefer horsepower, here are the figures:

196.5kW or 263.5HP at the wheels.

This means that if the dyno chart for my Sportivo was correct (which I have my doubts about), then my TRD is 25.5% more powerful than my Sportivo.

Dyno.jpg

on_dyno.jpg

Damn my TRD is so quiet that you can hear the hum of the dyno more than the car itself :lol: :

• Like 1

25.5% more powerful then a normal Aurion? Nice figures. :ph34r:

Well I reckon for my Sportivo, the dyno figure was quite inflated, plus my Aurion wasn't exactly normal so to speak. 209.9HP seemed a little high for an Aurion with not much done to it when most others were getting around the 197-200HP mark.

So lets say a stock Aurion is 197HP at the wheels (this seems like a common figure), then that makes the TRD 33.75% more powerful than a stock Aurion :lol:

• Like 1

25.5% more powerful then a normal Aurion? Nice figures. :ph34r:

Well I reckon for my Sportivo, the dyno figure was quite inflated, plus my Aurion wasn't exactly normal so to speak. 209.9HP seemed a little high for an Aurion with not much done to it when most others were getting around the 197-200HP mark.

So lets say a stock Aurion is 197HP at the wheels (this seems like a common figure), then that makes the TRD 33.75% more powerful than a stock Aurion :lol:

Hey hey hey. Maybe the Dyno for the Sportivo was correct and the figure for the TRD was inflated :whistling:

Sorry, just a bit jealous.

Hey Daryl, U got a new sets of Ultra Racing Bars? LOL. I keep pending my purchase for those while you've bought 2 sets of em. Just realized that on ur DP. Do they still cost the same?

Hey Daryl, U got a new sets of Ultra Racing Bars? LOL. I keep pending my purchase for those while you've bought 2 sets of em. Just realized that on ur DP. Do they still cost the same?

I got a set of them... but they aren't new. Got them from another member here (Brisbane members would know who, won't disclose otherwise) 2nd hand. Such convenient timeing as well cause I didn't have to order a set.

• Like 1