iPhone app question...

JJCRU23R

Hey all, I've got a question I haven't actually been able to get a straight answer to.. We've got 2 iPhones in the family, and I was thinking about getting the most out of the iPhones gps capabilities by purchasing the tomtom app which is about $99 in the AppStore. If i buy an app once, can I also install it in my wifes iPhone without paying twice? I've only had experience downloading free apps so I've got no clue about purchasing. Any help would be appreciated!

Hey all, I've got a question I haven't actually been able to get a straight answer to.. We've got 2 iPhones in the family, and I was thinking about getting the most out of the iPhones gps capabilities by purchasing the tomtom app which is about $99 in the AppStore. If i buy an app once, can I also install it in my wifes iPhone without paying twice? I've only had experience downloading free apps so I've got no clue about purchasing. Any help would be appreciated!

Hey mate,

Why don't you just JailBreak your iPhone.

And no, the apps are only for one iPhone.

Cheers.

Really?

I've purchased Apps through the App Store before for my iPod Touch and have on many occasions, then gone and downloaded it again to my sister's iPod Touch.

It simply tells me something along the lines of, "You've already purchased this app, would you like to download it again?"

That seems to work as long as you both use the same iTunes/App store account.

thanks for the info. btw, my wife and I do use the same (mine) itunes account. just another thing, ive heard of jailbreak before but what does it do? why should i get it?

thanks for the info. btw, my wife and I do use the same (mine) itunes account. just another thing, ive heard of jailbreak before but what does it do? why should i get it?

Free applications, though most of them are hacked, and some don't even work.. it is illegal as well.. <_<

but hey, I've done it to mine :lol:

Yep free apps.

All my apps are working fine. Just need to go to the right site to download them.

I have two different SatNavs on mine plus road camera traps (just in case). :P

Everyone here at work jailbreaks their iPhone just for the SatNav; haven't met anyone with an iPhone that's not jailbroken yet. :D

Depends what model iPhone you have. If you have the new one; the jailbreak will not permanently jailbreak your iPhone. It kills the jailbreak if you reboot/restart your iPhone. You just have to re-jailbreak again, which works fine.

Which sites offer jailbreak n free apps other than the iTunes store?

Usually sites like Appulous but I think their closing down for legal/trolling reasons, not sure.

Here's the link but I'm not sure how much luck you'd have:

http://appulo.us/oldindex.html

Give that a try, you'll need to download something called redsn0w to jailbreak it though, just make sure you follow the instructions carefully

Thanks, but the guy who runs appulous has shut down shop.

this whole jailbreaking concept seems kinda scary... i dont just want to go to any random site and download a program that may alter my iphone if im not 100% sure what its meant to be doing.

Thanks, but the guy who runs appulous has shut down shop.

this whole jailbreaking concept seems kinda scary... i dont just want to go to any random site and download a program that may alter my iphone if im not 100% sure what its meant to be doing.

Hey matey,

I jailbroke my first iPhone 3G & its was great for three or so months & then i had to do a reset & thats when it did the BIG software upgrade,Now I've got the 3G-S this will stay factory & is both phones are using the same itunes account,there is a Home sharing setting in iTunes that makes all your Apps 'sharable'

Good luck & Street Fighter 4 would be a recommended one for the iphone fanatics!

be careful with jail breaking your iphone though, if apple find out, they brick your iphone, and its gameover :(

sf4 on iphone? i've seen it, i can't believe such graphics can be played on the iphone!

I didn't know Apple could track jailbroken iPhones/iTouches. Apple can only continuously release "patches" which will break the jailbreaking. Reverting back to normal is as easy as restoring an official firmware back on. =)

• 3 months later...

I dont have an an iphone but I need a new phone soon,contract finished 2 years ago and still using super reliable samsung flip, yes i know,laugh if you will......

anyway i just heard there is a Toyota app, does anyone have it? what does it do? :)

JUST CHECKED..

toyota australia app is just like www.toyota.com.au...

browse the range of current models, access to special offers, book a test drive, find a dealer, videos.

so yea...

not great but useful if you need to buy a car.