ZRE traction control indicator

Heya,

Ive just noticed that there is no way to tell if the Traction Control is turned off on the ZRE zr. On any other vehicle i have owner with TC, it normally shows when the TC is turned off. As the button for the ZR is push only, there is no way of telling if TC is engaged or not. You have to spin the wheels to check :huh:

Does anyone else have TC and is there supposed to be a warning light that comes on in the display area?

By default the TC is ON.

On 09 build ZRE's there is a button to dis-engage it. This however only turns it off for a short time (30secs I think) and there is a light on the dash to tell you its off.

It will flash is the TC is working ( yes I have seen it :P). It plays grandma a bit too much. Maybe Toyota can turn it off for me? PERMANENTLY! :)

Nope, havent tried that, surely you can turn it off on the fly?

There are two options for the button Traction Control and Stability Control. Short push and you will see car sliding on slippery road, this can be done when the car is moving. Long push while your car is standing still and your round clock display will show TRC(?) off... Test it.

Best regards, Alex

Ok, got VSC to turn off (holding down while stationary), and now since i have done that for the first time, TC disabling seems to work. Weird. Thing is, TC disabling is speed controlled. Now i can turn off TC under 53kph, but it turns back on after 54kph. It cannot be turned off again after 54kph. Stupid huh?

If i remember correctly, the face lift ZRE has this problem fixed. Driver has total control.

Now i can turn off TC under 53kph, but it turns back on after 54kph. It cannot be turned off again after 54kph. Stupid huh?

If i remember correctly, the face lift ZRE has this problem fixed. Driver has total control.

Seems like a stupid option to me... If I want it off, why can't I do it at higher speeds <_<

Best regards, Alex