aurion - bluetooth phonebook transfer

lembasts

Greetings,

I have connected my nokia and the hands free works fine. When I try to transfer the phone book, it disconnects the bluetooth. I suspect that it is because my phone doesnt support this option. What does a phone need to transfer the phonebook successfully?

Cheers

David

Don't quote me on this, but I think I once heard that with some phones you need to transfer each entry one-by-one.

Edit: I did a search (a useful feature on this forum) using the term "phonebook" which also happens to be in the title of your thread, and I found this. Looks like it's one-by-one with the engine off, or all at once with the engine on:

Data transfer from phone to car handsfree

Worked with my Nokia N73. For some reason though only when the engine was running? I have hindreds of contacts and they all synched up easy as not one by one select all transfer gone and done in 2 minutes. It's almost confusing to have so many synched to the car though.
If you read the fine print you MUST be running the car to upload hundreds of contacts, please read the book properly guy's & girls.

It's N-series.. It's shown in the text... :lol:

Anw, I reckon this feature is pretty useless. I was excited the first time I got it, that I actually bother to transfer my contact individually, 1 by 1. which takes around more than an hour, I think..

Let's face it

1. Whenever we wanna use the phonebook, obviously when we wanna call some1. Might as well do it from the Phone.

2. If you left your phone somewhere, it's not gonna work solely using the navigation. Again, back to the phone.

3. Wanna call some1 while driving? Unless it's on Speed dial, you can't really choose your contact while the vehicle is in motion. Anw, what's easier than the speed dial on your phone?

4. Your phonebook in GPS is more updated than the actual phone? :unsure: How'd that happen?

5. The only reason I can think of its usefulness is when you left your phone somewhere in the car and you're driving and wanna make a call, this is prolly the only time I use my phonebook. or lost your mobile / batt's dead (you can put a charger in ur car to anticipate this), and wanna call ur husband/wife/bf/gf/bro/sis/etc. C'mon.. How hard issit to remember their numbers?

Anw, gettin off topic. I'm pretty sure there's a way for evry device with bluetooth function to transfer the contacts.. Either all transferred successfully or per individual like how I did.

Unless, the contact is saved in different format that is not recognized / supported by the Navigation.

3. Wanna call some1 while driving? Unless it's on Speed dial, you can't really choose your contact while the vehicle is in motion. Anw, what's easier than the speed dial on your phone?

Voice Dialling.

Voice Dialling.

Good point. As I never used this feature, not aware of it. I don't have the effort to record my voice for this voice dial.. 2 much effort.. Hahah