New Website Layout

Steve

The website layout changes are still under development. Changes will still be made over the next month or so.

Few common questions asked using this layout.

Q: Where is the Latest Posts link

A: The latest posts button is on the top right above the facebook buttons

Q: how do I get to the PM section

A: the link for this is on the top left menu called "Messages" or on the front of the forums under your welcome profile, right hand side. ALso this is displayed throughout the website.

Q: where is the "Mark this board as read" link

A: For the moment this is based in the fotter, we plan to move this shortly to somewhere more visable.

Q: i dont like the color, can i choose a skin

A: Not at the moment, plans are to create a skin using colors that are most compatable for people with color disabilities. This will be announced.

Q: the top right hand side of the forums are a bit skew wiff

A: This is a IE8 problem. Go to TOOLS> then uncheck the campatibility View off. This will then render the site properly.

Q: I see loads of links under the first topic post, I have to click each link to view the reply.

A: you have the wrong viewing mode, go to your profile and select Standard

See image:post-1-127005151094_thumb.jpg

Q: i dont like change or colors

A: we understand change can be difficult for some, the function of the software has all the functions as the last forum, just some things are placed differently on the website. We have to upgrade software in order to keep the boards secure and up to date, plus keep your info secure. Colors are something we will be revising. We are interested in positive comments, not how much you hate the new colors. Be positive and list why you think its bad and how you think we could change it.

Q: Why is my PM box empty?

A: the pm box is different, the old quote system in the PM system is no longer there. Instead all messages are now threaded like the forums. To view old messages click the My Conversations link in the PM box menu. The New Link is for all new messages, so you know when you have a message thats unread. cool huh?

Q: can you change the old software back

A: err NO.

The whole site is still under heavy development, so bear with us please. We will tweak it until it hurts ;)

Things broken

Garage

Gallery

Also to be sorted

Videos

News

cheers

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Steve for the refresh of the site.

It will take a bit of getting used to since the change to IP Board 3 is a little bigger than I was expecting, but in time it should feel normal again.

We are aware colors need adjusting, some are quite striking. But there is a lot to do, so to keep the community alive we have launched it as it as at the moment.

Woohoo my 1st post with the new format...as Daryl said it will take some getting used to,one thing i've noticed already is there is no (page TOP button) it was a handy on the last setup is this not required now or is that just for the old format?

btw...i'm liking the way fonts/spacing when posting/typing,so much easier to see spelling mistakes ect ect.

back to top link is in the footer... wrong place really, this will be moved above the footer shortly.

OK i see it now,way down the bottom...i keep going to push the REPORT icon :lol: ,so used it around that area.

are you using IE8?

if so click TOOLS> then in that list is something called compatability View... if that is ticked, untick it.

dont worry, that ticks itself when it think it should use it on certain websites. Microsoft trying to be clever

Holy NEW SET-UP BATMAN!!

The new look forums looks fantastic :D :toast:

and as if anyone uses IE8 XD Firefocks ftw!

and this is my first post with the new layout :yahoo:

Evo

Seems a little unintuitive atm.

It took me a while to find the navigation links (Toyota Owners Club - Australia > General > Club Lounge) because they are hidden in a google ad.

I also liked the back to top button where it was before, its really hard to find down there. Had I not read this thread I would never have known it was there.

Colours are cool though.

For the most part, I like it. I like the color scheme, and don't think they need to be changed, just some a little less bold. The really bold colors kinda take away from the softer stuff and makes reading not so easy on the eyes (although my eyesight is up the proverbial, so maybe its just me).

Also not a fan of the way that stickies display still at the top of the list, but as part of the whole list. Having them seperated from the rest was easier to differentiate the stickies from the regular threads.

All in all, though, I'd say its an improvement.

Hopefully the layout will grow on me; after all it's only fresh and still requires some things to be sorted out still.

Up the top where the 'news' is I'm not getting anything, and I hover above the area I get a box shoing up on the extreme right. I'm using IE6 because work is lame and won't let me update to IE8 or install FF.

The logo up top still has the blue surround, plus the addition of the ft-86 is nice; the logo needs to be placed more to the left I think as it doesn't really match overlapping the shiny red car. The red bands do match the car colour in the header, but I would prefer a softer, more pastal colour; the bright colours just draw attention while browsing at work :P

Looks like we can now rate threads; even though I don't think it has been enabled yet? I tried to rate this thread but returned an error message.

And good to see 'club-bot' got the flick :P

back to top link is in the footer... wrong place really, this will be moved above the footer shortly.

I like to use the 'home' and 'end' keys for quick 'to-the-top' and 'to-the-bottom' browsing ;)

Well Done Steve!! I liiike it, very Modern style

IMO, it's a Good Welcome change . . definitely needs tweaking, but I'm sure it will get there

cannot wait for the end result :yahoo:

It took me a while to find the navigation links (Toyota Owners Club - Australia > General > Club Lounge) because they are hidden in a google ad.

Gotta agree with this, ok you want some ads but dont put them there :/ its like those underhanded sites that put ads all around download links and relevant info.

Up the top where the 'news' is I'm not getting anything, and I hover above the area I get a box shoing up on the extreme right. I'm using IE6 because work is lame and won't let me update to IE8 or install FF.

The logo up top still has the blue surround, plus the addition of the ft-86 is nice; the logo needs to be placed more to the left I think as it doesn't really match overlapping the shiny red car. The red bands do match the car colour in the header, but I would prefer a softer, more pastal colour; the bright colours just draw attention while browsing at work :P

Try clearing your browser cache, IE6 tends to not pick up changes right away...

Overall I like the new design. Yeah the red is prolly a bit strong but your still revising colours.

the new layout looks pretty cool.... some of the colors are too strong on the eye... imo i think something light would be ideal...

anyhows will take all of us a while to get use to.

kevin

Well I must say as an Essendon supporter I am loving the red and black everywhere :P It looks great overall, few little issues and tweaks to be made (i.e. navigation wise) but nothing that hasn't already been posted.

It looks good on my 22" widescreens here at work, so will be interesting to see how it looks when I'm on my laptop at home tonight. Well done and thanks for all the hard work and effort that goes into this, it's going to be a very worthwhile change and will hopefully make it easier for all to use, thus bringing in some new members and encouraging the 'old guard' to post more often (and probably make me use it a bit more too lol)

OOOOOOOOOO

/me likey

up the kudos!

I noticed there is a multi quote button. Question, is that like multi ball on t pinball machine? :P