Port and Polishing

hey all

just after some help on deciding where on not to port and polish the head of my 2zzge? I have stage 3 piper cams, new valve's and springs ready to go in. this would be the ideal time to get it ported right? any opinions ??

hey all

just after some help on deciding where on not to port and polish the head of my 2zzge? I have stage 3 piper cams, new valve's and springs ready to go in. this would be the ideal time to get it ported right? any opinions ??

The head will be off to do the valves and springs; so no better time :P

Silvabullit, CHA54 or even Tighe Engineering would know where to go for head porting. Just make sure they flow bench before and after so you know if you gained or lost anything in the process.

hey all

The head will be off to do the valves and springs; so no better time :P

Silvabullit, CHA54 or even Tighe Engineering would know where to go for head porting. Just make sure they flow bench before and after so you know if you gained or lost anything in the process.

when you say that is there a chance i could be going backwards?

what would a reasonable price be to do this work? just the porting? and will polishing make any noticeable difference?

polishing is a waste of time. the basic port shape in the 2ZZ is very good. There are a few 'nasty" spots left over from casting, but radical changes are not needed. on heads like this, you will hardly measure any change in maximum flow. you will however get gains from detailed valve & seat work. depending on what valves you bought, some improvements to their shape & flow may be possible. There are real problems with fitting oversized valves in these heads

• 2 weeks later...

Hey

Im getting the head built by Headsense @ Coopers Plains. If anyone is interesed ill get some pics of the work before and after up here when its done and hopefully a before and after flow test. should be around the 30th.

Cheers Dylan

Hey

Im getting the head built by Headsense @ Coopers Plains. If anyone is interesed ill get some pics of the work before and after up here when its done and hopefully a before and after flow test. should be around the 30th.

Cheers Dylan

Looking forward to the results, how much do you think its going to cost?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm picking my car up on Tuesday so will have pics and new dyno then but her eis the last dyno printout.

Hey Dylan , what was the total cost of the job ?

I live in NSW but currently visiting relos in Sunnybankhills ,might pay these guys a visit..

How many K's had your engine done before the work done on it ?

I'm picking my car up on Tuesday so will have pics and new dyno then but her eis the last dyno printout.

It's a bit lean down low. I'd have that enriched by about 1 point.

If you have a baseline graph can you provide that too? The gain is the important bit, the final number isn't.

I live in NSW but currently visiting relos in Sunnybankhills ,might pay these guys a visit..

i haven't picked it up yet so not sure of the total cost plus there is a few other little bits and pieces 999 are doing for me. The car has 55,000 km if your in the area i think they may be tuning it tomorrow so you could have a look.

It's a bit lean down low. I'd have that enriched by about 1 point.

If you have a baseline graph can you provide that too? The gain is the important bit, the final number isn't.

Dave that was the last run they did when i got the PFC put in. We'll have to see what they do this time around...

Anyone want to have a guess at the gains??

i haven't picked it up yet so not sure of the total cost plus there is a few other little bits and pieces 999 are doing for me. The car has 55,000 km if your in the area i think they may be tuning it tomorrow so you could have a look.

thanks , might drop in tomorrow if i go up that way ..

My car has 142xxx km hence the Q about ks. I will need to get work done on it at some stage so knowing the costs help.

My car has 142xxx km hence the Q about ks. I will need to get work done on it at some stage so knowing the costs help.

If you do happen to drop in and its on the dyno see if you can take a few pics or even a video for me ;)

You better post the results as soon as you get them!!

With the dyno up top, what mods (if any) were on the car?

Whats changed with the latest mod? P&P, Cams etc??

Current Mods:

CES Headers

CES Cat Back

TRD CAI

Apexi Power FC

Whats Being done now

Piper stage 3

MWR flat face valves

MWR valve springs

Port and Polish Head

+ tune

come on 150kw... dreaming

In terms of peak power, I got similar values to you, but with the headers must be easier to drive everyday. As SD has said a little bit lean downlow more power and torque to be had down there. You should be gaining around 10kw but don't let the numbers get to you.

If you do happen to drop in and its on the dyno see if you can take a few pics or even a video for me ;)

lol . i will try if i happen to rock up when all this is happening but not too sure if they will just let some bloke in the workshop taking photos especially when i'm not the owner ..

Maybe whilst i'm at it i should ask for a Test Drive as well ?? :spiteful:

lol . i will try if i happen to rock up when all this is happening but not too sure if they will just let some bloke in the workshop taking photos especially when i'm not the owner ..

Maybe whilst i'm at it i should ask for a Test Drive as well ?? :spiteful:

haha yeh give it a try.

Dylan , pick up the car yet or not ??

What was the total bill ?

picking up in the next hour or so. not sure on the total yet ill have to work it out as they were doing some other things for me as well ie. HID's but will let you know how much. and ill post the dyno sheet up on monday when i get to work. Plus will get the flow number sometime soon hopeful today if he is there.

PS. really need SD's pfc harness