CCFL Angel eyes Gen 6 on Ebay

Spider

Heres a link.

http://tinyurl.com/ykurum5

I have mailed them with questions three times and never got a full answer.

Anyone tried these?

See my mail to mars below with thier responses.

-------------------

Dear mars_performance,

Thank you.

Are they a straight plug in and does the CCFL stay on when car is on or only as a parking light type thing, does the parking light still operate I know some "angel eyes" use the parking light to power the eyes and so the parking lights no longer operate and last is the light australian design approved and not made for the United States in which case the spread cut off would be wrong for Australia,

Could you please answer these four questions?

Thank you.

Steve

-----------

Reply one:

Hello;

Thanks very much for contact us

It use the CCFL instead the parker light

Best Regards

www.MarsPerformance.com

--------------

My mail 2:

Dear mars_performance,

Could you please answer the other 3 questions?

I will repost them below.

Are they a straight plug in and does the CCFL stay on when car is on or only as a parking light type thing, does the parking light still operate I know some "angel eyes" use the parking light to power the eyes and so the parking lights no longer operate and last is the light australian design approved and not made for the United States in which case the spread cut off would be wrong for Australia,

--------------

Reply 2:

Dear spied1,

Hello;

Thanks very much for contact us

It use the CCFL instead the parker light

Best Regards

www.MarsPerformance.com

-----------

My mail 3:

Dear mars_performance,

Could you please answer the other 3 questions?

I will repost them below.

--------------

Thier reply today:

Dear spied1,

Hello:

Thanks very much for contact us.

The last pair just been sold today

Best Regards

www.MarsPerformance.com

------------

Very strange what they don't say and that the item has been relisted does not bode well, out of stock? Hmmmm

I have also contactd the Sydney mob that I found here in the forum but have yet to get a reply.

http://www.autojoy.com.au/contactus.htm

Happy and safe Easter to you all.

Spied

I got my lights from them and yes it would use the parker lights as the ccfl. So the ccfl is the parker light so you will need to turn you parker lights on to make them work. Their lights are made for american road so they will have the wrong cut off and not adr approved like the way mine came. And it'll probably be easier to read if you write the questions out, 1 at a time on a separate line.

Edited by STYLSH

• 2 weeks later...

I got my lights from them and yes it would use the parker lights as the ccfl. So the ccfl is the parker light so you will need to turn you parker lights on to make them work. Their lights are made for american road so they will have the wrong cut off and not adr approved like the way mine came. And it'll probably be easier to read if you write the questions out, 1 at a time on a separate line.

Is there much modification involved to get them working right and up to ADR standard though?? I've been interested in their tail lights as well but was a bit put off by some of their negative feedback. But if they're the mob you bought off I'd probably be willing to give them a shot.

Is there much modification involved to get them working right and up to ADR standard though?? I've been interested in their tail lights as well but was a bit put off by some of their negative feedback. But if they're the mob you bought off I'd probably be willing to give them a shot.

It all depends on how the cutoff is formed in the projector. Some of them, like the lexus rx330 ones have a metal plate the forms the cutoff. And this metal plate just needs to be flipped around and it'll have the right cutoff so it depends on what type of projectors they use in the headlights. Chances are all you need to do is flip this metal plate and it'll work perfectly but this will mean you have to open up the headlights so baking them, prying them apart then pulling the projectors out of the headlight to look.

I got the lights from them but they charge a hell of a lot for shipping. Pretty much double what the shipping actually was :(