Aftermarket accessories installation

Hey everyone, I just got hold of some money to spend, and was thinking of putting in some new accessories into my corolla, like a cd player, speakers and maybe a remote locking unit as well.I've never done anything to my car apart from the usual servicing ever since bought the car, so I'm pretty clueless who should i go to to get this sorta stuff installed to my car. I asked my mechanic, and he said he can't do it, which seems pretty weird considering he works with cars for a living. One of the staff in supercheap autos said a car electrician could get the jobs done but i haven't got a clue how to look for one, i've never even heard of an car electrician before!!

SO guys, anyone knows who should i go to in order to get these installations done? I'm in Melbourne btw

Cheers

I asked my mechanic, and he said he can't do it, which seems pretty weird considering he works with cars for a living. One of the staff in supercheap autos said a car electrician could get the jobs done but i haven't got a clue how to look for one, i've never even heard of an car electrician before!!

Yeah, your general mechanic only does stuff relating to the engine and the driving of the car. Stuff like your stereo, speakers, etc are taken care of by an Automotive Electrician. Much like how a builder does not do the electrical cabling when constructing a house.

Anyways, I'm not sure who in the Melbourne area would have the most competitive rates; this would most likely be an independent automotive electrician. Otherwise, to get stuff fitted as mentioned, places like JB Hi-Fi, WOW, etc usually offer installation services.

hey mate welcome to the forums, if u live in the western suburbs, there is an auto electrican on somerville road in sunshine... good rates but just check if he still does domestic models cuz last time i heard he was doing only commercial vechiles now.

as djkor said that autobahn, jb hifi do installations for the headunits, that way u wont void ur warrantee if u stuff something up