Sub control?

addy287

Hey all. just wondering is it possible to add like a dimmer to the 12v power supply going to the amp, which is powering the sub? just to add the convenience of adjusting the volume without having to go to the boot to change the gain.

thanks heaps in advance

Hey all. just wondering is it possible to add like a dimmer to the 12v power supply going to the amp, which is powering the sub? just to add the convenience of adjusting the volume without having to go to the boot to change the gain.

thanks heaps in advance

theres quite a few amps u can get that already hav a sub controller u can put where ever is convenient for u

jus sell off wotever amp u hav an buy 1 of them. much easier :)

This feature is usually called "Remote Gain". If you see an amp with this feature... this is what you will be getting.

Essentially, you set you gain to the right level on the am, then the Remote Gain controls the level between Minimum, and the Maximum that was set by the gain on the amp. Useful feature IMO. I have it on my amp.

Thanks for the reply guys. At the moment I'm actually borrowing an amp from a friend (which is seriously underpowering my sub haha) so I'm looking around for a good one.

Can anyone suggest a good amp that has the remote gain? the only one i could find was a kenwood one which by the way was waaay out of my budget.

FYI: running a 1000W sub ONLY off the amp, so somewhere over a 500W Mono would be good