Bluetooth problems with factory fitted unit

kschoelpple

Hello everyone,

I have a new 76 series GXL Wagon with factory fitted CD-Radio with Bluetooth Mobile phone connection.(no navigation system)

Unfortunately the Bluetooth function is useless since many mobile phones don't work with the unit or the audio is so poor that others can't hear you whilst talking when driving. I tried already 5 different mobile phones ! 2 worked with only poor sound quality, the other 3 didn't pair or did, but then dropped out about 20 seconds into the call. I believe the problem is the microphone gain, which can't be adjusted in the regular settings. I've seen similar problems mentioned in formums about some hilux models, but with an older style radio / nav. system.

Anyone out there knowing how to adjust the microphone gain ?? The radio is made by Fujitsu Ten Ltd. for Toyota. Part # PZQ60-0041, or PZQ60-0042 or PZQ 60-0044.

Thanks in advance.

Karl

Hello everyone,

I have a new 76 series GXL Wagon with factory fitted CD-Radio with Bluetooth Mobile phone connection.(no navigation system)

Unfortunately the Bluetooth function is useless since many mobile phones don't work with the unit or the audio is so poor that others can't hear you whilst talking when driving. I tried already 5 different mobile phones ! 2 worked with only poor sound quality, the other 3 didn't pair or did, but then dropped out about 20 seconds into the call. I believe the problem is the microphone gain, which can't be adjusted in the regular settings. I've seen similar problems mentioned in formums about some hilux models, but with an older style radio / nav. system.

Anyone out there knowing how to adjust the microphone gain ?? The radio is made by Fujitsu Ten Ltd. for Toyota. Part # PZQ60-0041, or PZQ60-0042 or PZQ 60-0044.

Thanks in advance.

Karl

Same problem with my 2009 Kluger - barely worth the effort of using Bluetooth...

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Karl

Same problem with my 2009 Kluger - barely worth the effort of using Bluetooth...

The 200LC GXL bluetooth works like a charm with a nokia 6120.

Hands free quality will always be poorer than having the phone close.

TCO.

Update:

Spoken with Toyota service today. Apperantly it is a known issue and they are working on a solution. Should have more information within 6 weeks. It appears this particular type of CD-Radio can't be adjusted like some earlier models. (so I was told)

Anyone out there having any more or other information on this problem ?

• 1 month later...

....Latest News.

Just spoken to Toyota (again) <_<

Apparently the fix is to replace the whole stereo system with a new type, which was only just released. However, being a brand new model, it will take approxiamtely 3 months until new units will be available here in Australia. :(

Karl

Edited by kschoelpple

• 4 months later...

.....the story keeps going ! :angry:

Thursday 30th. September 2010 --> after waiting for over 4 month I finally received a new car audio today!

Looks the same as the old one, but volume knob is easier to adjust. And that's about it !! Tried the Bluetooth system and guess what ?

Yes, same problem as before. People can't hear me when driving and using the handsfree facility. What a joke. This problem was known since the day I got the car and now, 7 months later still not fixed.

Apart from that there is still the issue with the oil consumption. (see my other entries about it)

I think I will go out and by myself a third party car audio system with Bluetooth and then sent Toyota the bill for it !

It appears they just don't care about individual customers anymore.

Anyway, safe drivng.

Karl

• 2 weeks later...

LATEST NEWS:

All sorted !! But not with Toyota's help.

I had enough of all the waiting and was not to happy with the radio as it was anyway.

Installed a third party radio with 7" screen and all the functions you could wish for ! B)

It has CD and DVD player, SD-Card slot, USB connection, I-Pod connection and menu function, large menues, Bluetooth connection for both Audio (Music) and mobile phone. And guess what, it actually works straight away! It even has a TV receiver (works only with optional Antenna). I guess great if you are stuck in traffic a lot. And the price,.......

....$ 175.- delivered to my door ex manufacturer!! For about $90.- more I could have bought a model with GPS as well !!

Shame one can't get that sort of thing ex Toyota despite spending over $ 70,000.- on the new car.

Happy driving.

Karl

• 2 weeks later...

.....the story keeps going ! :angry:

Thursday 30th. September 2010 --> after waiting for over 4 month I finally received a new car audio today!

Looks the same as the old one, but volume knob is easier to adjust. And that's about it !! Tried the Bluetooth system and guess what ?

Yes, same problem as before. People can't hear me when driving and using the handsfree facility. What a joke. This problem was known since the day I got the car and now, 7 months later still not fixed.

Apart from that there is still the issue with the oil consumption. (see my other entries about it)

I think I will go out and by myself a third party car audio system with Bluetooth and then sent Toyota the bill for it !

It appears they just don't care about individual customers anymore.

Anyway, safe drivng.

Karl

My new unit was the same in that people still couldn't hear me.

Fortunately, the new head unit you received has 5 different microphone gain settings.

After adjusting mine, my wife can hear me basically whisper while at highway speed.

Dealers have the instruction for how adjust the microphone gain.

Sorry for the late notice ...

• 1 year later...

I have a 200 series Turbo deisel with factory fitted bluetooth ...the unit has been replaced 3 times. I can hear people no problem but all they ever hear from me is a garbled message. Re pair and it works fine for about 3 hrs and then starts agaon. Have had the following phones and been the same with all of them. Nokia N96, Nokia e65, iPhone3g, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s,. The services guys tell me I just need to adjust the mic volume up or down but it doesn't make any difference. Would like to know where kschoelpple got his unit from???

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello again everyone,

as mentioned earlier I had to buy my own radio which has all functions one could wish for and still works fine now almost 2 years after I bought it. ( just check places like eBay and search for "2DIN car radio").

Regarding some other Bluetooth related problems mentioned here:

Whilst there is an international standard for Bluetooth systems (i.e. version 2.0) not all car radio and mobile phone manufacturers stick to it ! For some reason some decide to "do their own thing", or make variations of the standard. That's why you end up with sudden phone disconnection or lack of phone book function and the like.

But hey, if you just pay around $ 240.- for a car radio which has: AM/FM/CD/DVD/SD /I-pod connectivity/Bluetooth (which actually works) / USB / GPS and even TV reception, then so what if the phone book doesn't work ?

At least you can have a clear phone conversation whilst driving on the freeway without worrying of fines and get on with your daily live. Beats going back and forth to your local Toyota Service Centre over a number of months without getting any great results and having to wait for another new car radio which still might not work as expected.

Happy driving.

Karl

Edited by kschoelpple

• 1 year later...