Believe me, Aurion 2010 is having Manufacturing Defects

post-18585-127071217296_thumb.jpgHi to All,

I purchased an Aurion 2010 Australian Make in Dec. 2009.

Now its at ths e Totoya Maintenance, after a major accident on 09.03.2010.

You woudn't believe me, I hit the 20cm high barrier on the right after applying a sudden brake.

When I got out to see what happened, I can't find my RHS-Rear Wheel, later I found on the opposite side of the Traffic. The RHS-Front Wheel, Axle, Bearing, The complete Differntial Set was Damaged.

The funny thing was I was driving only at 100-110 km/h.

I strongly believe that it is due to Manufacturing Defects, either the Brakes, ABS or the Steering.

When I contacted the Toyota Agents here in Saudi Arabia, even though it has a Warranty of 3-years,

I Got only negative and bad reply from them.

I wish to inform Mr. Mark Johansen at the Australian Branch, If anyone got his Contact Number or Email ID, Please send it to me.

Contact on my Email, so that I can send you the ON-SPOT pictures.

Regards

You hit something at 110k. That looks normal to me. Look at djk's car. It held out awesome. Not to mention you had a car accident at 110k and your still alive to tell your story.

Edited by unique

This doesn't tell the ful story. As far as I can see it, you had to brake suddenly at high speed and in the process, you managed to travel to the right at the same time and have a collision. You can't expect the car to do all the stopping and steering for you.

ABS, VSC, Traction Control.... they are all driver aides... to assist good driving skills.

mmm Not quite sure i follow, so you hit a 20cm high barrier (cement or steel I’m guessing) at 110kms and your trying to claim that the outcome is a manufacturing defect? I’m pretty sure not even the mighty Hilux or LC200 would of got away damage free after that?....

I wouldn't consider this a defect. I have hit 15-20cm high gutter at under 60km/h at a 45 degree angle and done the same damage as this to a Mazda 3. 110km/h would have been a lot worse, and considering where it happened I probably would have been killed.

I strongly believe that it is due to Manufacturing Defects, either the Brakes, ABS or the Steering.

I strongly believe this is due to a licence being obtained out of a pack of Corn Flakes. Seriously, how can you blame the car? This thread = Fail.

Edited by pinzvidz

I have no clue what's the purpose of the thread...

If it's a defect there should be substantial evidence to prove it, not based on what you believe and no proof.

I'm sorry for the accident, but u r lucky to get away safe and sound.

To prove if it's a defect, try driving other car / pre-facelift aurion and crash it the way you did it. If the outcome is different, there's a support on ur back, if it turns out the same / worse, your fault.

Manufacturing defect? More like driving defect. Perhaps we should call up your mother and see if she offers any warranty on you due to your inability to use common sense?

Seriously, if you crash into something at 110, you are going to break your car. See DJKOR's previous Aurion in Members Rides and you'll understand that its not just your car. Accidents happen, and when they do, cars break. If you want something that wont get a scratch when you run into something, buy a tank.

[/rant]

(its just one of those nights!)

You picked a fine time to leave me , loose wheel .......

yep gotta say there must be a recall for that. "excuse me Mr Toyota but my r/h side wheels fell off "????

It was only a 20cm high piece of concrete , but 7 klms long weighing a total of 27 tonnes. lol

i've seen a hilux kun26 driving down the hume highway at 110klm and hit something in the road it was foggy and the driver didn't see it but It was a wheel from a truck,it hit the crossmember under the engine. It bent everything upwards and hit the tunnel. That car was written off. time to hit that truck manufacturer up for manufacturing defects.......

post up some more pics. did the rear wheel shear all the wheel studs off , or is the centre of the rim smashed out and left it behind on the hub ??

Edited by GSV40R

Abdu Raoof, why is there plastic on the seats?

You know when little kids continuously wet the bed while asleep and the parents resort to plastic sheets? Well, it looks like his parents got sick of him ****** his pants while sleep driving. This is probably what has caused the accident in the first place.

Manufacturing defect? More like driving defect. Perhaps we should call up your mother and see if she offers any warranty on you due to your inability to use common sense?

[/rant]

(its just one of those nights!)

:D sig'ed!

You picked a fine time to leave me , loose wheel .......

That's hilarious - I had flashbacks of my childhood stuck in the back of a Range Rover going around Australia with a Kenny Rogers tape and a John Denver tape being the only ICE available back in those days. Kids these days with their DVD players and Nintendos dont know the hell we had to go through - John Denver's music still makes me cringe, the words 'Some days are diamonds some days are stone' make me want to crawl up into the foetal position....

BTW Is it just me or does the front tyre look pretty low on tread for a car made in Dec 2009 - then again if you consider 110kph a slow speed then I suppose you wouldn't be getting a lot of life out of your tyres.

BTW Is it just me or does the front tyre look pretty low on tread for a car made in Dec 2009 - then again if you consider 110kph a slow speed then I suppose you wouldn't be getting a lot of life out of your tyres.

Valid observation. Seems to be lacking quite a bit of tread. I wouldn't expect those to hold up well under serious braking. Even looks to the point where insurance would love to blame the tires.

And I seriously doubt it could have all scrubbed off when it contacted the guard etc.

looking at how the front tyre came off... I'd guess that the front of the tyre hit the barrier which in effect ripped it sideways and backwards - pretty easy to do when 1.5 tonnes of car is behind it pushing it at 110km/h.

In a crash at 110km/h, the only purpose the car is designed for is to keep you alive - I'd say it did that perfectly well, although you may want to get checked for brain damage...

or maybe he was trying "thong skating" and his thong broke and he lost control D: at only 110 km/h

I have seen same in Geelong. :)

BTW, he probably lose wheel, then applied brakes and then hit barrier.

Edited by avstral

Also, the new aurion does not have the side strip on the doors and this one has !!!!!!

Also, the new aurion does not have the side strip on the doors and this one has !!!!!!

Probably had them fitted as an option or they make the facelift different when supplied overseas. If you look at the tail lights, you can see they are bulging out a little indicating they are the facelift variety.