TOYOTA COROLLA ZZE122R 5Y ASCENT- buy or not to buy?

Hi guys,

I am thinking of buying an auto 2005 TOYOTA COROLLA ZZE122R 5Y ASCENT. Before i test drive any, i was wondering what are the common problems that i should look for??

Do forum members think this is a good, reliable and safe car?

Thanks!

Steph

I have the exact model. It’s a good and reliable car. But lacks safety features such as curtain (side) and passenger air bags, ABS, and ESC. This car is light, on a windy day the wind can slightly move this car, especially if you are on a freeway - it's.......... scary. Unless if you have obese passengers of course.

No problem since I bought it (Nov 08).

Hope this helps.

I have an 03 Ascent I have had no problems at all except for needing to replace the seat belt connection and also had a oil filter fail on me. But that's all in the 2 years I have owned and in that time I have put 50,000kms on it too.

We have this model and my wife has been driving it for the last 2+ years.

No negative issues to report.Good on fuel.Can carry 4 ppl easly with the A/C on and not cry trying to climb a hill.

Only thing(s) i would prefer in these models(05) were Power windows and ABS brakes which the Ascent Models dont have.

You cant go wrong with VVTi corollas.Highly recommended.

I used to own an 03 corolla levin and now own an 05 corolla sportivo.

i'd probably suggest opting for a conquest over the ascent as you'll get abs n a few more goodies.

Also, you should be able to pick one up for around the same price as the ascent if your lucky.

Good luck with ur buy

• 2 years later...

Ive got a 2005 ascent best car to drive never had a problem with it and if there ever was one it would be an easy fix cheap parts cheap to run and fun to drive I've got plenty mods to mine as i keep up with my mates 05 sportivo front bumper to bumper

:)

Ive got a 2005 ascent best car to drive never had a problem with it and if there ever was one it would be an easy fix cheap parts cheap to run and fun to drive I've got plenty mods to mine as i keep up with my mates 05 sportivo front bumper to bumper

:)

what mods do you have? =)

To the OP, it's a nice car. The one i drive has done nearly 300,000km and is an instructor's car. I drive it more than my dad these days, but it's gone through more than the average corolla. The engine still sounds healthier than friends' cars which only have around 100k km on them - no crackling noises and not much loss of power.

If i was to buy my own daily it would be the exact same car, but maybe the Conquest model instead of Ascent for the ABS as posted above.

I've got the simota cold air intake, lowered springs, catback exhaust ,extractors , lsd gear box, bbs 16x 8 +25 offset rims all on a stock ecu 100kw at the flywheel origanly it make 105kw at the wheels.... my mates stock sportivo 2005 model is next to me the hole way very happy with it, i want to make the valves a little bit bigger might take the head off and send it away

I've got the simota cold air intake, lowered springs, catback exhaust ,extractors , lsd gear box, bbs 16x 8 +25 offset rims all on a stock ecu 100kw at the flywheel origanly it make 105kw at the wheels.... my mates stock sportivo 2005 model is next to me the hole way very happy with it, i want to make the valves a little bit bigger might take the head off and send it away

whoa...that is pretty nice =). i know my Ascent is about 100kg lighter than the Sportivo though. If the Levin is also lighter maybe that's helping you keep up as well haha

link us some videos or pictures if you have any on the internet. i love your car's stance in your dp.

Edited by rich70