[QLD] The Brisbane Thread (Weekly Meet: Every Thursday from 8pm)

Im sorry, but I live in no where town.

getting onto pacific mwy is fine, its just after I take the turnoff I get mega lost cause Im too worried about crashing that I dont see the street signs, plus its hard to see the signs at night. My usual route is coorparoo, onto pacific mwy. Turbot st turnoff, then follow it all the way to gips st then turn left and then up to gregory tce then turn left. But sometimes I freak and think that im going the wrong way and make a wrong turn.

Im sorry, but I live in no where town.

getting onto pacific mwy is fine, its just after I take the turnoff I get mega lost cause Im too worried about crashing that I dont see the street signs, plus its hard to see the signs at night. My usual route is coorparoo, onto pacific mwy. Turbot st turnoff, then follow it all the way to gips st then turn left and then up to gregory tce then turn left. But sometimes I freak and think that im going the wrong way and make a wrong turn.

sounds like you just need to chill... the city is dead at night.

Just look up google maps, print it out or something.

Hmm, to come or not? That is the question.

I dont have a gps. So I would get lost as soon as I enter the city. Epic fail is epic.

:/ the city isnt that hard

If I can do it week in and week out without a GPS, anyone can. Just print out some google maps. Pull over if required and memorise that sh*t.

Branno, if you have a GPS and you take a wrong turn it will figure it out and re-route you to the right way..... Just drive, follow the road and relax. Or get someone to drive behind.

If you are scared of driving you might want to not drive so much and put the rest of us in danger by not focusing on driving, but everything else...

Won't make it out tonight. Stuck at the shops with the boss. I have found some more forum stickers for those who missed out!! Daryl/ Mick give me a call over the weekend to touch base on nat meet stuff.

On another note, I realise why the boys in blue like to watch over us sometimes. Was just reading up on the Anti-Hoon law Legislation. It states "Parking up: when hoons gather in large numbers, look at each others cars, network and

arrange illegal behaviours."

Although we dont gather in large number, I think that they believe there is something fishy going on.

On another note, I realise why the boys in blue like to watch over us sometimes. Was just reading up on the Anti-Hoon law Legislation. It states "Parking up: when hoons gather in large numbers, look at each others cars, network and arrange illegal behaviours."

Serious. I have never really read up on it, but "Parking up"? LOL. Well we technically don't classify as "parking up" even in a large group becasue we don't staisfy all their criteria in the definition. We have to "arrange illegal behaviour" firstly.

Also, how can they prove that we are 'arranging illegal behaviour'?

It was just something interesting that I was looking up because victoria are making their anti-hoon laws even more strict.

I love their description for a stereotypical hoon.

"The slightly rebellious, sunglass clad, ever so cool dude, usually spotted behind the

wheel of something special, his arm mysteriously jutting out the window, usually

with a smile a mile wide – he has an abnormally heavy right foot and it is believed

gasoline flows freely in his veins.

They even specify them to either be behind the wheel of a holden or ford sedan or a 'high performance japanese models'

Found it quite an entertaining read.

http://www.rsconference.com/pdf/RS050037.pdf

that definition of a "hoon" is from a website... it was a 'tongue-in-cheek' website from memory...

also, that paper is VERY old... talks about BWCP... that hasnt even been a carpark for years!!

that definition of a "hoon" is from a website... it was a 'tongue-in-cheek' website from memory...

also, that paper is VERY old... talks about BWCP... that hasnt even been a carpark for years!!

It's just funny how they used said definition in their paper and said "impressive definition". How do they expect someone to take such a thing seriously when they use something like that as a reference.

Besides, we're not hoons when it comes to our meets so the cops can pass by all they want.

In all the time we have met at the loop I can recall the Police coming in there about 3 times. Twice they drove through and did nothing. Once they stopped and asked what we were doing. I replied catching up for coffee and a chat(as there were a few with hot drinks in hand). They told us we couldn't meet here and then looked at all the cars. Everyone was parked in a parking spot between all the lines so there was nothing they could do as we were all behaving ourselves. When one of them asked me why we meet where we do I replied because we wanted to get away from the morons who hang around milton Maccas doing stupid stuff. Plus I told them we didn't want such behaviour or we'd kick the offenders out. They got in the car and drove off and haven't seen them back since....

Well I guess me and Andrew aren't hoons then. We just drive boring camrys. Nothing special over here officer :P

Unless we are returning from a Nebo run and we happen to drag at a set of lights past a cop car...

we actually have a legal right to lawful/peaceful assembly. As previously posted, they'd have a hard time proving we were planning "unlawful activity".

Most they can do is give what is known as a move on direction, but for that certain criteria must be met and without getting long winded about it we don't even come close.

Well I guess me and Andrew aren't hoons then. We just drive boring camrys. Nothing special over here officer :P

Unless we are returning from a Nebo run and we happen to drag at a set of lights past a cop car...

But you do *don sunglasses* quite often though :P

And Ash how many times did you *sedately* drive by us last week?

hehehehe... i got lost... :ph34r:

funniest was the night mick/daryl were doing an oil change in the carpark and the cops rocked up... :lol:

Not really given it was my car Mick was going the oil change in. Lucky Steve knew one of the officers otherwise I reckon they might have been cnuts