[QLD] The Brisbane Thread (Weekly Meet: Every Thursday from 8pm)

Hi Guys, new to the site and new to being a stivo owner. I've done a few mods to my 03 corolla sportivo and would like to go for a cruise with some of my own kind, does this meet up still happen? Are there many rolla stivo owners gettin round brisbane? look forward to hearing from someone soon.

- SLYLE

It does happen every week, however there are not many sportivos that come along.

You are still more than welcome to come.

I think I will, I'm just waiting on my wheels to arrive in the country and once they're fitted I'll definately come along, be good just to get to know some people aswell. Thanks for that.

For some reason I keep of reading the you name as "Style" and not Slyle lol

Haha, nar it's Slyle, it was a nick name I picked up a few years back, pretty self explanitory lol. I'd like to put a pic of my ride up soon but I don't want to until the wheels arrive, but everything else is done :)they were suppose to go on on saturday but the F$%Kheads that I'm dealing with don't know how to run a business and make promises they can't keep.

For some reason I keep of reading the you name as "Style" and not Slyle lol

Anthony though he may have himself a new buddy :lol:

I thought it was just Anthony posting. I just saw the SLYLE and thought STYLSH and mentally shut down.

Leather is bad for cornering, maybe try some recaros or something unless you wanted the cloth seats. Not sure if I will be there, I may have some work stuff to do Thurs night.

Leather is bad for cornering, maybe try some recaros or something unless you wanted the cloth seats. Not sure if I will be there, I may have some work stuff to do Thurs night.

Not buying race seats. I just need to check the mounts and the plug for the airbag + electrics (if they are separate).

Even the facelift Gen5 seats are still cloth but more shapely for spirited driving.

Not buying race seats. I just need to check the mounts and the plug for the airbag + electrics (if they are separate).

Even the facelift Gen5 seats are still cloth but more shapely for spirited driving.

+1 for leather being bad for cornering. Fortunately my wide keister is held in place by the centre console and drivers door.

The sx6 seats in fabric are the most grippy seats you'll find without getting up to TRD spec, unfortunately they're still rather flat and none too bolstered. Also I doubt they'd be very easy to find second hand in decent condition still being fairly new (although if you find a wreck drop me a line as I need to do some scavenging too)

Getting your current seats retrimmed and rebolstered may be a more economical exercise - if you don't go leather then this works wonders to keep the price down. As a reference a few years ago I had one of my commodore seats (base exec) built up to be a Leather HSV coulson style seat for about $600. I reckon that would comfortably do both your fronts if choosing fabric AND you could get some custom embroidery too!

indeed! just realised that on the way home...

might have something to do with the fact that i've already done 37hrs at work this week... :lol:

in light of this new revelation...............i'll be there tomorrow night.. :lol: :D

I'll be out tonight, probably after 9pm due to requirements of The State.

Hopefully someone won't be there tomorrow. Otherwise I'll bring out my angry face

You have now jinxed yourself.

Not really, I secretly want him to come so when he talks ***** (torque at 2000rpm, TRD Aurions are *****; ask Dave about that) I'll tell him where to go.

If he doesn't show up; we win anyway. It's one of those win-win situations that rarely come up

I will be there tonight. Finally got a thursday that i will finish at 6.30pm.. just nice for a quick dinner before going to the meet. :)

I've heard much about the illustrious Ingres, even seen his car... i was starting to think he was a rumour or a myth... lol... kinda like it was just the car like on knight rider and it drove itself and there was no person involved....

lol... yeah I hope he's not there either... he stalked us yesterday at Slacks Creek... :angry: