[QLD] The Brisbane Thread (Weekly Meet: Every Thursday from 8pm)

Don't buy any Mentos, I have 24 rolls of Vietnamese Mint and 24 rolls of Vietnamese Fruit Mentos. I'll bring them along. Along with those outdated Penguins I talked about.

Don't buy any Mentos, I have 24 rolls of Vietnamese Mint and 24 rolls of Vietnamese Fruit Mentos. I'll bring them along. Along with those outdated Penguins I talked about.

Win. I'd say go the Penguins first.

Actually don't bring Mentos, Loki used to have an addiction and may eat them and fall off the wagon.

This could be interesting. Chuck a pack on the ground and see who gets it first.

Actually don't bring Mentos, Loki used to have an addiction and may eat them and fall off the wagon.

This could be interesting. Chuck a pack on the ground and see who gets it first.

Hahahahahahahaha! It's on like Donkey Kong!

Pending a call from work tomorrow I may or may not be there.

do it fgt

But they hold this magical power called 'if you don't work, you are fired' they go by the name of...... Woolworths. If they call me, I have to work, if they don't call me, I'm all sweet. But it gives me a feeling of being on edge just waiting everyday for that call :shudder:

do it fgt

But they hold this magical power called 'if you don't work, you are fired' they go by the name of...... Woolworths. If they call me, I have to work, if they don't call me, I'm all sweet. But it gives me a feeling of being on edge just waiting everyday for that call :shudder:

It used to work the same way when I was at coles - however I always had the option of simply not answering the phone. It worked wonders as you're not paid a penalty to be on call afterall

do it fgt

It used to work the same way when I was at coles - however I always had the option of simply not answering the phone. It worked wonders as you're not paid a penalty to be on call afterall

pretty much this. You shouldn't have to wait around for a phone call to know what you are doing, it's either you are rostered on to work that shift for the week or you are not. Only in emergencies should you be called and asked to work :\

Get a new job?

Sigh. Sometimes easier said than done.

This is so true! believe me

Don't take this the wrong way, but given his age and his current job; there are plenty of other jobs out there for him. It might be the same ***** but the conditions might be better.

Ask your local cafe for a job

If I go for another job, it means a whole other application, 3 months of probation and low hours. By then I won't really need a part time job

Don't go to another large ***** company that has such a long probation period.

Your local cafe if they need staff will throw hours at you and if you work hard and learn quickly, will put you off the probation wage quickly. Besides small business loves you under 21's because your pay, even if you are being paid your full wage.

Well as a casual, that's what woolworths does, also, you tell them you want to work a certain day and then they roster you on a completely different day. Im so over it. /end rant

Waaah. Man the eff up.