Jap's TRD Hilux

Jap

Hi All,

Recently joined, so I thought I'd talk a little about my hilux.

I took it off the dealer last year, an '09 plated TRD 4000S Hilux in a nice shade of red.

It made all the right noises on the test drive so I had to have it.

Then I went ahead and voided the factory warranty (shhhhh...ha ha ha) and did a few things to it, power went up and up, now makes 201.8kw at the tyres on Vortex 98.

I'm aiming for 240rwkw, anything more is a bonus.

I'll put some pics up tonight if I have time.

Cheers

Edited by Jap

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh wow, that is top stuff mate. I dreamed of owning one of these. Angel Eyes look awesome. Is that 201kw in 4WD? or just rear. Wouldnt really matter thats still sick for a forby ute. I bet it would make all the right noices. Ahh mate that is awesome.

Welcome mate. Are you mods relatively simple in terms of the room given to get more out of your engine, or is there a fair bit of work involved? Just wondering if TRD were more forgiving with the design of the Hilux since I haven't actually seen one (in detail) in person. You'd be pushing some good torque now as well eh.

Interceptor ECU

EDIT: Forgot to mention I had to put a shift kit in it after the ECU as it was flaring between shifts under power.

Interested in details about these and wonder if they can be adapted to the TRD Aurion.

Not so interested (and happy) about the smaller pulley though. Anyone who has seen the TRD Aurion S/C would know the problem. It's like they purposely designed it so you can't make the pulley any smaller. Lucky for you though.

I'm a bit cagey about details lol, I wouldn't mind being the most powerful bolt-on TRD Lux in Australia.

That's all good. Completely understood.

Have you measured how much boost your aurion is making?

As far as I'm aware, there is nowhere to tap a line into. If there was, I would be putting in a boost gauge to firstly know what boost it is running, and secondly to know when it is boosting or not for fuel economy reasons.

Supposedly according to videos with the guys at TRD, the TRD Aurion is pushing 7 PSI of boost. But then again, the blower on this car is smaller than yours I believe, so it's more about the volume than the boost.

Boost is only a measurement of restriction as you know.

There would surely be a point to get a manifold pressure reading from.

From what I've seen, the TRD stuff is pretty good for that.

awesome ride mate, i saw a black one parked front of asian grocery shop near my joint last week. but it was scratched to sh#t :( i guess its expected due to it being a work vehicle :(

Sounds weird, but still learning to accelerate in this properly.

At the moment, the best I can do is stick it in 4th and mash it from a standstill.

Lucky it doesnt have traction control to ruin the 'fun'...

I'll put a clip up one day.

• 2 weeks later...