Jap's TRD Hilux

Jap

Had a go at a 4WD launch (H4) today, on the dirt to see how it would go.

Hooked up very well.

Even to the point where I WOULD try it on bitumen, but it would be useless after 60 feet at the track and would sap a lot of power.

So yes, you could launch a 300rwhp hilux in H4, but theres no reason to.

Why?

I'll show you some pics when I get them. :D

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love the voice over in the first video mate you sound like a true aussie bloke! This things off the chain.. especially when you go to the red angry setting described on the video with the sprintbooster, some awesome supercharger noise!

Thats pretty fucking mental with the sprint booster...

Its an interesting concept, It doesnt increase your power output, but it def. increases accelleration...

Cheers :D

My take on it is that it increases throttle opening for a given pedal input as well as increasing response.

I just can't wait to get it on the strip again!

I just can't wait to get it on the strip again!

In theory though, if accelerating with WOT, then there would be no gain to be made right? That said, those that have purchased it (like yourself) have benefited mainly from the increased throttle response from lower revs which is basically speeding up the rate in which the throttle position changes. I personally think it is a trick of the mind thing, but I can't comment since I personally haven't tried it.

Still curious to see how it affects your 1/4 mile times though since you are one of the fewer people out there who would be able to test that and post results (no one else seems to say anything). I would imagine that providing you never broke traction when mashing the accelerator from a standing start, then by being able to increase the throttle response, you should be able to gain a measurable figure.. even if it is 0.1 seconds.

Am I allowed to say I'm the quickest TRD Hilux in Australia yet? :P

Just do what I do. Hold the title (around here at least) until proven otherwise.

I unofficially had statements saying I was the fastest N/A Aurion in Australia and now it appears... the fastest TRD Aurion. Until proof to show someone else is faster is presented, then around here you will be known as the fastest TRD Hilux.

The booster would help due to the fact the factory ECU is programmed to not allow 100% throttle opening in the lower gears to protect the gearbox...

The booster would help due to the fact the factory ECU is programmed to not allow 100% throttle opening in the lower gears to protect the gearbox...

Interesting note there. So this is possible even if the SB plugs in series with the accelerator pedal only and with no other input/output? Because wouldn't it be the ECU limiting the throttle opening after receiving the signal from the accelerator pedal even at 100% throttle?

Am I allowed to say I'm the quickest TRD Hilux in Australia yet? tongue.gif

Just do what I do. Hold the title (around here at least) until proven otherwise.

I unofficially had statements saying I was the fastest N/A Aurion in Australia and now it appears... the fastest TRD Aurion. Until proof to show someone else is faster is presented, then around here you will be known as the fastest TRD Hilux.

That's like me saying i have the fastest Supercharged 5S-FE Camry in Australia :P oh wait that is kinda true lol

I am really liking the Hilux though, u sure as hell wouldn't expect it.

There is a TRD Hilux that comes to my work often (dark grey) but it looks so plain compared to your one.

Those drag vids are cool, that thing seriously hauls; love it :clap:

Holy crap that thing is a weapon!!! a husband and wife have a family of TRD's he has a red TRD Hilux 4000S and she drives a white Aurion 3500S, better hope he doesnt see any of this, he was in at work 3 weeks ago asking was there any aftermarket mods for the TRD's as he's in a bragging race with his mate who has a pimped old school F truck but i told him nobody had really managed to get any huge gains out of the TRD's. Well till now! top effort!

Hi All,

Recently joined, so I thought I'd talk a little about my hilux.

I took it off the dealer last year, an '09 plated TRD 4000S Hilux in a nice shade of red.

It made all the right noises on the test drive so I had to have it.

Then I went ahead and voided the factory warranty (shhhhh...ha ha ha) and did a few things to it, power went up and up, now makes 201.8kw at the tyres on Vortex 98.

I'm aiming for 240rwkw, anything more is a bonus.

I'll put some pics up tonight if I have time.

Cheers

Nice one mate Im keen to see the beast.

Ive got a white one, Ill put some picks up. Ive put a plastic roo bar on mine after splitting the front spoiler jumping a sand dune, the bar looks phat

Charlie, Perth

Hi All,

Recently joined, so I thought I'd talk a little about my hilux.

I took it off the dealer last year, an '09 plated TRD 4000S Hilux in a nice shade of red.

It made all the right noises on the test drive so I had to have it.

Then I went ahead and voided the factory warranty (shhhhh...ha ha ha) and did a few things to it, power went up and up, now makes 201.8kw at the tyres on Vortex 98.

I'm aiming for 240rwkw, anything more is a bonus.

I'll put some pics up tonight if I have time.

Cheers

Nice one mate Im keen to see the beast.

Ive got a white one, Ill put some picks up. Ive put a plastic roo bar on mine after splitting the front spoiler jumping a sand dune, the bar looks phat

Charlie, Perth

Hey check out my post or questions on in dash entertainment. I think its titled TRD Hilux

• 3 weeks later...