2008 Camry Altise shaking

dave-oh

Travelling on the freeways at any speed from 110kms - 120kms the steering wheel feels quite unstable. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it down to the wheels itself?

checked tire pressure??

Got the same problem with mine, although mine is as a result of something else.

fwy speeds are 110 arent they? haha just dont go over, or if you do...gun it so that its only like that for about 1 second :P

Travelling on the freeways at any speed from 110kms - 120kms the steering wheel feels quite unstable. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it down to the wheels itself?

[/quote

MAYBE YOUR SCARING THE HELL OUT OF IT? Ha Ha just kidding!! 120kph Hope you don't live in Vic: Four things it could be, wheel alignment, or more likely out of balance or out of round or warped wheel.

[/quote

MAYBE YOUR SCARING THE HELL OUT OF IT? Ha Ha just kidding!! 120kph Hope you don't live in Vic: Four things it could be, wheel alignment, or more likely out of balance or out of round or warped wheel.

Hi, I read the latest "Dog & Lemon Car Buying Guide". It is a known problem that the steel wheels in the current Camry range sometimes suffer from vibratino due to poor welding. Your Toyota dealer should fix/replace the wheels for free.

[/quote

Haha! Perhaps? Seriously though, I'm not saying I do exact 120kph cause that is just asking for it. I'm saying that 110kph, once it hits that speed or over the steering feels unstable. I did check the tyre pressure and it came down to the PSI not being right.

I'll be checking the wheel alignment in the next week just to be sure, would like the car to be rattle free :)

I'll be checking the wheel alignment in the next week just to be sure, would like the car to be rattle free :)

Check out the cost of Mags/Alloys while your at it too

That would be the best solution

I'm planning to be rid of the steel wheels when the existing tyres are worn

The Camry rides much better on Mags/Alloys, less weight and the look better too !