2ZR-FE Performance Headers

Hey all,

Last week i'd been doing some searching for aftermarket exhaust headers for the ZRE Corolla, but unfortunately i didn't find anything so i tried searching for Scion parts and found these...

http://www.dcsports.com/4into1headersscion.html

It turns out that the '08-'10 Scion xD (ZSP-110 Toyota IST in Japan) is fitted with the 2ZR-FE engine. I also got an email from Castle Hill Toyota confirming that the Corolla and xD/IST use the same exhaust manifold (just to be sure).

:yahoo:

Edited by JE-55-EA

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job mate!!!! :toast::clap::toast:

Let us know how you go on these!! I'm sure there are people interested in this! :whistling: (I just don't have money for it now! Haha)

Peter.

Edited by dwee.

Thanks Peter!

I'm looking into ordering these soon after i get a cat-back system made (getting done this Wednesday), so hopefully it wont be too far away. :D

Good to know!

Thanks, I checked out some scion headers before but looks like that US company didnt end up finishing them for porduction. I would personally like a 4/2/1 setup as squat 4/1 systems are not always the best option, nor do they pull the best figures.. They are however, easier to manufacture. 4/1 Are know for top end wide open power, but lack the pull thru the low/ mid range. With the 2ZR-FE, i dont think you want to loose any more low/mid range and just work on what mid-range we have. 4/1 may be a good option for track use, but im not sure for street everyday use.

When i talked to the owner of Advanced headers here in SA, he only recommended 4/2/1, as time after time, 4/1 just didnt cut the mustard. He recommended against a 4/1 system.

Do you plan a before and after dyno check on them?

Whats the quoted cost inc shipping?

Edited by dutchie101

I sent an email to a mob called Race Inspired in the USA asking about the expected shipping cost to Parramatta. Should hopefully hear back from them tomorrow.

http://www.raceinspired.com/p-21665-dc-sports-4-1-one-piece-ceramic-header-scion-xd-2008-2010.aspx

A 4/2/1 setup would be nice, but you would probably need to either delete the cat or further modify the rest of the exhaust system to fit it in.

Granted there is not much room there, but you could probably fit it a custom spaghetti 4/2/1 if someone had the time and money to make up a set. Ive seen some crazy exhaust programs lately than could do the job.

From that link:

The DC Sports 4-1 headers are designed for racing applications where the vehicle is being driven at or near redline. The DC Sports 4-1 header design maximizes top end power whereas the DC Sports 4-2-1 header evenly distributes it throughout the power band with focus on low to mid-range RPM for street use.

While im tempted at looking at these, im not willing to loose what bottom and mid range power we have, there just isnt enough there to begin with.

Don't worry, I'm tempted also..lol

And Ray, you should empty/clean your PM inbox lol. Wanted to ask you something two days ago (you probably can guess what..hehe) ;)

Peter.

Sounds good. See how this develops. Soon as i saw this.. i knew pete would be in here. We've talked about headers before. lol

Sounds like performance headers would require an exhaust change/upgrade. Damn.. i dont want to lose my TRD muffler that i spent almost 1k on. <_<

Wouldnt mind some shiny headers to replace the fugly plastic stock ones.

But like dutchie said.. sacrifice any more low-mid end power is a mega loss.. if anything.. we need a gain in that. Stuff top end unless you plan on doing top speed records. We need mid range.. for everyday street use.

Edited by johnnieboi

Soon as i saw this.. i knew pete would be in here.

:whistling:

Johnnie, I don't think those fugly plastic stock ones are headers mate. I believe they are intake pipes? (from throttle body into a small air "chamber/reservoir", then into those pipes --> combustion). Headers are metal, at the back of the engine down near the firewall? :huh:

Peter.

Edited by dwee.

Johnnie, I don't think those fugly plastic stock ones are headers mate. I believe they are intake pipes?

Well if the exhaust headers were plastic, I'd love to see how many seconds they would last.

Sounds good. See how this develops. Soon as i saw this.. i knew pete would be in here. We've talked about headers before. lol

Sounds like performance headers would require an exhaust change/upgrade. Damn.. i dont want to lose my TRD muffler that i spent almost 1k on. <_<

But like dutchie said.. sacrifice any more low-mid end power is a mega loss.. if anything.. we need a gain in that. Stuff top end unless you plan on doing top speed records. We need mid range.. for everyday street use.

You don't need to change your exhaust. The only part that is modified is the midpipe.

The plastic pipes you're referring to is the intake manifold not exhaust.

Not singling anyone out here, just clarifying terminology.

The plastic pipes mentioned at the front of the engine is the intake manifold or plenum.

The 'chamber/reservoir' is called a surge tank.

The pipes going from the surge tank to the engine are called runners.

On the ZRE all this will appear at the front of the engine.

At the rear of the engine on the ZRE will be some metal pipes which are called the manifold(s) or extractor(s). Header(s) is an American term, which as far as Engineering terminology goes, is incorrect. They get the name because they attach to the head, however in Engineering a group of pipes is called a manifold. And on a straight engine such as that found in the ZRE the manifold is singular not plural :P

Not singling anyone out here, just clarifying terminology.

The plastic pipes mentioned at the front of the engine is the intake manifold or plenum.

The 'chamber/reservoir' is called a surge tank.

The pipes going from the surge tank to the engine are called runners.

On the ZRE all this will appear at the front of the engine.

At the rear of the engine on the ZRE will be some metal pipes which are called the manifold(s) or extractor(s). Header(s) is an American term, which as far as Engineering terminology goes, is incorrect. They get the name because they attach to the head, however in Engineering a group of pipes is called a manifold. And on a straight engine such as that found in the ZRE the manifold is singular not plural :P

Wow.. got owned in daves overwhelming knowledge. Thanks :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Last i heard the headers were still under development, but that was a couple of months ago now. I've sent an email to DC Sports asking if they're available yet, so i'll keep you all posted. :)

Last i heard the headers were still under development, but that was a couple of months ago now. I've sent an email to DC Sports asking if they're available yet, so i'll keep you all posted. :)

Awesome, will be good to know! One of my "potential mods" is full custom exhaust & headers.. :whistling:

• 2 months later...

Bad News: DC Sports finally got back to me and said that their headers are still under development. :(

Good News: Weapon-R released some not long ago. :yahoo:

Can be bought here:

http://www.autotuningstore.com/Weapon_R_Stainless_Steel_Street_Headers__953116109__421__1_Piece__Toyota__Corolla__From_2009__To_2010--product--160978.html

Bad News: DC Sports finally got back to me and said that their headers are still under development. :(

Can be bought here:

http://www.autotuningstore.com/Weapon_R_Stainless_Steel_Street_Headers__953116109__421__1_Piece__Toyota__Corolla__From_2009__To_2010--product--160978.html

Bummer about the DC Sports, but awesome news about Weapon-R!! Good work mate! :toast::whistling::spiteful:

I'm assuming this is for the US sedan? Same as the Weapon-R intake system? And I thought custom headers would be more expensive? :blink:

Peter.

P.S. you've disappeared off this forum! :P

Can be bought here:

Bummer about the DC Sports, but awesome news about Weapon-R!! Good work mate! :toast::whistling::spiteful:

I'm assuming this is for the US sedan? Same as the Weapon-R intake system? And I thought custom headers would be more expensive? :blink:

Peter.

P.S. you've disappeared off this forum! :P

so the weapon R is confirmed to fit the 2ZR-FE motor?

4:2:1's too! excellent. I reeeeally hope these fit the ZRE.

BTW. Ive been speaking to CES this week, and if things go well, there are possibly looking at making up some headers for the ZRE. A member here hopefully might be heading up there for a full system and CAI, so thats guinea pig #1 hopefully sorted if all goes according to plan. CES have asked me for some power figures and details so i think there is a good possibility of them actually producing a short run of headers and CAI's.

I just shot WeaponR an email... Oh i hope their offerings fit!!! Let me know asap please! I guess we need a cross part # check on them.

so the weapon R is confirmed to fit the 2ZR-FE motor?

I guess we'll find out soon when he replies! :spiteful:

4:2:1's too! excellent. I reeeeally hope these fit the ZRE.

BTW. Ive been speaking to CES this week, and if things go well, there are possibly looking at making up some headers for the ZRE. A member here hopefully might be heading up there for a full system and CAI, so thats guinea pig #1 hopefully sorted if all goes according to plan. CES have asked me for some power figures and details so i think there is a good possibility of them actually producing a short run of headers and CAI's.

I just shot WeaponR an email... Oh i hope their offerings fit!!! Let me know asap please! I guess we need a cross part # check on them.

Who would that be? Ray? :P