Now just waiting for it to come....

just don't let them deliver it to your back door

LOL this. i'm sure he'll watch out >=]

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey mate...

good to hear that you went to see Domenic at Carnegie Brake and Muffler.

anyone else that goes there be sure to mention my name "Andy With the Many White Corolla's" and he'll do his best to look after you.

car's awesome mate... i want to get your feedback on the coilovers.... and i am keen to do business with South Melb Pedders if they can look after me to. Last time i was there the guys were prepping the Focus?/Fiesta? for a hillclimb event. i was getting a new spring/strut combo added to my Blue Wagon.

keep us posted mate!

Andy.

just don't let them deliver it to your back door

As long as I don't drop the soap right? tee-hee-hee

hey mate...

good to hear that you went to see Domenic at Carnegie Brake and Muffler.

anyone else that goes there be sure to mention my name "Andy With the Many White Corolla's" and he'll do his best to look after you.

car's awesome mate... i want to get your feedback on the coilovers.... and i am keen to do business with South Melb Pedders if they can look after me to. Last time i was there the guys were prepping the Focus?/Fiesta? for a hillclimb event. i was getting a new spring/strut combo added to my Blue Wagon.

keep us posted mate!

Andy.

Haven't been to Domenic yet BKS, I didn't have time this week to go. But I will give him a call next tues on my day off to see if he is free to make me a new SS mandrel bend over the torsion bar.

As for Pedders Sth Melb, the fiesta is owned by Reade, one of the 2 proprietors, the other taller bloke being Ben.

Just mention my name and they will look after you. I've already pm'd KenshinX of the deal they can do for him too.

Just booked in to get pedders coil over installed on monday what ride hight did you go for? anyone got the camber plates???

My current ride height is 545mm front and 555mm rear.

If the exhaust bend piping didn't hit my torsion beam, I would have the left the ride height at 535mm front and 540mm rear. At this height, it clears most driveways if driven up/down on an angle.

Once I get the exhaust pipeline bend fixed... I will drop the height back to 535mm F/ 540mm R.

I have camber bolts set at -1.5

impressive zze123R man, although i almost saw my dinner after i drove it yday night lol. u notice i didn't talk much when it was ur turn driving me around? :P

now work on getting the gears to shift "like its in water" like mine :D

Just booked in to get pedders coil over installed on monday what ride hight did you go for? anyone got the camber plates???

My current ride height is 545mm front and 555mm rear.

If the exhaust bend piping didn't hit my torsion beam, I would have the left the ride height at 535mm front and 540mm rear. At this height, it clears most driveways if driven up/down on an angle.

Once I get the exhaust pipeline bend fixed... I will drop the height back to 535mm F/ 540mm R.

I have camber bolts set at -1.5

Tell me more about these camber bolts...? Do you have a problem with your tyres scrubbing I'm not sure how low mine is in mm but I had king super low springs on and ask to go 3/4 inch lower and now scrubbing badly even on the hardest setting bit am getting the guards rolled hope this fixes the problem

Tell me more about these camber bolts...? Do you have a problem with your tyres scrubbing I'm not sure how low mine is in mm but I had king super low springs on and ask to go 3/4 inch lower and now scrubbing badly even on the hardest setting bit am getting the guards rolled hope this fixes the problem

I was getting a bit of scrubbing only at the front tyres when I was actually cornering hard or when i drove over dips on the roads. At that time, I had the Pedders camber bolts set at -1 degree with the dampers set at 22 and ride height 535mm front / 540mm rear.

I currently don't have any issues of scrubbing having the car setup at 545mm front/555mm rear, -1.5 degree camber, dampers at 24. But I'm only running this setup until the exhaust piping problem is finally fixed. Once fixed, I will go back to my ideal ride height of 535mm front/540mm rear, -1.5 degree camber and damper setting at 24+. Hopefully, the increase in camber and having the dampers set at 24 or more will ensure I don't scrub at all.

I reckon 540mm front / 545mm rear for ride height with dampers set at 18- would be more comfortable for daily driving for you. But then again, your in Brisbane which generally has more smoother roads than Melbourne. Basically the sky's the limit for you =)

I hope you don't live in Springhill and Fortitude Valley, it's so hilly there. Hence, you might create some unique artwork on the pavement with your tow bar and muffler by running a very low ride height.

My advice is to just do trial and error. you can begin with my above settings and work from there to save you time. If you had bought new Pedders coilovers, I'm pretty sure the boys at the Pedders shop you bought them off can tweak it free of charge until you are satisfied with the final settings. But be considerate of their time as well. It's mainly the camber and ride height adjustment you need the boys to tinker with, as the damper settings can be adjusted anytime by yourself, assuming you know how to remove the rear panels to access the rear dampers.

Most importantly, don't forget a 6 pack or slab of beer for them too, they will "love you long time!"

impressive zze123R man, although i almost saw my dinner after i drove it yday night lol. u notice i didn't talk much when it was ur turn driving me around? :P

now work on getting the gears to shift "like its in water" like mine :D

Hahahaha... well now you know there is another way to purge KFC from your body without requiring you to stick your finger down your throat. Just don't let it come out the other end or we would be swapping my front passnger seat with your clean one :P

I adapted very quickly to your silky smooth gearbox. I don't know why mine is still so stiff and so notchy even with the Redline MT-90 in it. Maybe its because I have solid gear selector cable bushings compared to the rubber ones.

But yeh, after driving your car, I ended up cruching 2nd in my car, as I was still shifting the way I did in your car - without effort.

Then after that crunch, I quickly adapted to my own gearbox again and was back in the ball game having to give more muscle power to push/pull each shift into gear.

Let me know when you have solid gear selector cable bushings installed so I can sit in your car and see if its still smooth as silk. My mate's stock stivo shifts so smoothly too. Hence, I'm assuming its because of the rubber gear selector cable bushings.

when andy checked mine last meet. he said that there is some sort of bushing at the end of the gear selector cables. i tried jdmwhores sportivo which is stock as a rock w/o skirts :spiteful: n his shift is smooth but not clunky like mine n urs

when andy checked mine last meet. he said that there is some sort of bushing at the end of the gear selector cables. i tried jdmwhores sportivo which is stock as a rock w/o skirts :spiteful: n his shift is smooth but not clunky like mine n urs

mine is not cluncky. It's just stubborn at times (mostly when it's cold) and need some muscle to get it into 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear sometimes. But when the gearbox oil is in the warm temp range, each gear is much smoother. Thus, very temperamental.

I will try BKS combo of Nulon Super Smooth 75w90 MT oil with the Nulon G70 additive before summer starts.

mine is not cluncky. It's just stubborn at times (mostly when it's cold) and need some muscle to get it into 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear sometimes. But when the gearbox oil is in the warm temp range, each gear is much smoother. Thus, very temperamental.

I will try BKS combo of Nulon Super Smooth 75w90 MT oil with the Nulon G70 additive before summer starts.

what has it got in atm?

new addition - my new 2" knob has arrived and installed :yahoo:

in all honesty i like the other one better lol................................................ :P

in all honesty i like the other one better lol................................................ :P

Agreed, but for some reason shifting with this one seems so much better. Trust me....feels so good, you'd want a knob like mine too!

bahahahahahaha

Agreed, but for some reason shifting with this one seems so much better. Trust me....feels so good, you'd want a knob like mine too!

bahahahahahaha

swap over the old one for everyday driving and the other for track days :P

My custom made RDA Gold rear rotors are finally installed on the car along with EBC Green brake pads too.

Front

Rotors2.jpg

Rear

Rotors4.jpg

Another change oil was done today with the Amsoil RD30. :yahoo:

While the car was on the hoist, we discovered today that the u-bend exhaust piping over the torsion beam has a dent the size of a 10cent coin and 4mm deep. -_-

It also has an exhaust leak coming from one of the welds near the u-bend, possibly caused from the piping hitting against the torsion beam. She is booked for next tues at BKS's muffler referral in Carnegie.

My custom made RDA Gold rear rotors are finally installed on the car along with EBC Green brake pads too. Another change oil was done today with the Amsoil RD30 going in. :yahoo:

Rear Left

Rear RIght

While the car was on the hoist, we discovered today that the u-bend exhaust piping over the torsion beam has a dent the size of a 10cent coin and 4mm deep. -_-

It also has an exhaust leak coming from one of the welds near the u-bend, possibly caused from the piping hitting against the torsion beam. She is booked for next tues at BKS's muffler referral in Carnegie.

pwor man looks sick :)

Exhaust bend piping fixed at Carnegie Muffler & Brake. Ride height will be adjusted this Friday at Pedders Sth Melb. (-15mm lower) :)

just in time mate ;) picking up those bushing and mounts today and giving them in with the car to mo tomorrow morning. then training it back to my joint -_-

Replaced dented Mandrel SS bend with a new one that now has at least a min of 20mm clearance to the car body on the top of the bend as well as having heaps of clearance in between the inner part of the bend and torsion beam. Whilst driving home, rattling sounds started to appear when driving up a slope. Had to drive back to Carnegie to find out what went wrong. The dude re-did the job but using what looks like used offcuts. The job was so messy with pipes shoved deep into another. It's bound to cause turbulence and mess up with the exhaust flow. Not happy with the workmanship, but it will do for now until next year with a brand new custom catback system with a highflow Magnaflow resonator to replace the previously installed POS resonator from a Magna.

From this:

DSC04255.jpgDSC04243.jpg

To F**King this:

IMG_1380.jpgIMG_1381.jpg

• 1 month later...