daikaiju's ZZE123

dyslexik

How does the gearbox feel with all the TWM bushings?

Shifting feels good, prob the same as BKS's kit though. The reason I bought the TWM bushings was to try it out since I was buying the TWM SS package.

Nice car man. It was nice seeing it in the flesh even though it was for a little bit. We cruised behind you all the way to the MH traffic lights.

I can see you wanted to push it because you were tailgating every car in front of you but no one gave way <_<

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice car man. It was nice seeing it in the flesh even though it was for a little bit. We cruised behind you all the way to the MH traffic lights.

I can see you wanted to push it because you were tailgating every car in front of you but no one gave way <_<

mm... when was this? MH traffic lights? :blink: I don't intentionally tail gate people dude. I worked too hard on doing the JDM black headlight mod just to have something happen to them by a random bloke/shiela jumping on their brakes in front of me.

mm... when was this? MH traffic lights? :blink: I don't intentionally tail gate people dude. I worked too hard on doing the JDM black headlight mod just to have something happen to them by a random bloke/shiela jumping on their brakes in front of me.

Yeah man it was definitely you, knew from your number plate and obviously the shiny and done up corolla. Was 8.30pm last night, you turned into meadow heights where roxy kebab shop is.

Yeah man it was definitely you, knew from your number plate and obviously the shiny and done up corolla. Was 8.30pm last night, you turned into meadow heights where roxy kebab shop is.

yah no doubt it was me, but I wasn't tail gating anyone though. Just wanted to get away from the lunatic driver in the 4x4 pick up truck who came awfully fast up my rear end and suddenly swerved into the left lane at the last second coming to the traffic lights after the Shell Petrol station.

yah no doubt it was me, but I wasn't tail gating anyone though. Just wanted to get away from the lunatic driver in the 4x4 pick up truck who came awfully fast up my rear end and suddenly swerved into the left lane at the last second coming to the traffic lights after the Shell Petrol station.

Nah I didn't see you there. I spotted you when you were stopped at the broady station traffic lights. (corner of caltex)

How does the gearbox feel with all the TWM bushings?

Shifting feels good, prob the same as BKS's kit though. The reason I bought the TWM bushings was to try it out since I was buying the TWM SS package.

Yeah I think I'm going down the same path, also getting a new gear knob.

How does it compare to stock? Like how does it differ in feel?

It will depend on the individual. I'm 5"11 and my arms are quite long. shifting from 1st to 2nd on stock shifter was a bit annoying, as my elbow would hit the side of the front passenger seat. That's because the damn stick was so high.

I bought a TRD QS, but didn't drive the car with it installed. The shift felt shorter, but again, the stick was still quite tall. Shift stroke is shorter, but throw distance was relatively similar to stock.

TWM SS is heaps better. Shorter and my arm feels comfortable when shifting. Accompanied with the weighted gearknob, it's fantastic. Throw distance dramatically reduced, but shift stroke remains unchanged.

But really, you won't ever know until you try it though.

If I was in the "Can be f**ked" mood, then I would of kept the TRD QS as the shift is quicker than the TWM and would of brought it to a professional machinist and had the height chopped another 1.5-2 inches. Then find high quality replacement screws for the TRD QS base, as the TRD retard/s designed the holes too big for the stock screws to be used. The designer was probably 150cm tall with short arms, which probably explains the height of the TRD QS stick too lol.

The designer was probably 150cm tall with short arms, which probably explains the height of the TRD QS stick too lol.

well thats japs for ya LOL!!! if it was made in china then maybe u would have kept it HAHA :D :spiteful:

well thats japs for ya LOL!!! if it was made in china then maybe u would have kept it HAHA :D :spiteful:

if it was, I would of snapped the stick...lol made in china...bahahaha. Jap build quality fundamentally is of a higher standard and pukes all over chinese exports.

It will depend on the individual. I'm 5"11 and my arms are quite long. shifting from 1st to 2nd on stock shifter was a bit annoying, as my elbow would hit the side of the front passenger seat. That's because the damn stick was so high.

I bought a TRD QS, but didnt drive the car with it installed. The shift felt a shorter, but again, the stick was still quite tall. Shift stroke is shorter, but throw distance was relatively similar to stock.

TWM SS is heaps better. Shorter and my arm feels comfortable when shifting. Accompanied with the weighted gearknob, it's fantastic. Throw distance dramatically reduced, but shift stroke remains unchanged.

But really, you won't ever know until you try it though.

If I was in the "Can be f**ked" mood, then I would of kept the TRD QS as the shift is quicker than the TWM and would of brought it to a professional machinist and had the height chopped another 1.5-2 inches. Then find high quality replacement screws for the TRD QS base, as the TRD retard/s designed the holes too big for the stock screws to be used. The designer was probably 150cm tall with short arms, which probably explains the height of the TRD QS stick too lol.

Cool, thanks for the info!

An update on my car today. I have chosen to forgo with replacing the front left strut of the Cusco zero-2 coilover. The cost of $700 is not justifiable as for that price, I can get the entire left front coilover. In addition, it will also leave me with 3 other worn coilovers (front right and rears) and if they so happen to fail in the near future, then the cost of having them fixed would pretty much amount to the cost of a new set of cuscos coilovers (zero-3 with in-cabin electronic damper adjustment perhaps).

In my opinion, I would have both front struts replaced at least, but having all 4 replaced would be ideal, so that they will be even in regards to performance. But $1400 or $ 2800 respectively is just to much to recondition second hand cusco zero-2 coilovers without knowing how they have been treated. I suspect that these had been passed down several times, as I would be the 4th person to have them. My friend had them installed in his car for about 10,000kms and doesnt drive his car that hard on corners/twisties. He had bought them from his mate in Sydney who had them installed in his corolla that was a autosalon show car. Other than that, no further info.

My car today is being fitted with Pedders Sports Ryder Extreme XA coilovers with camber bolts. I am unable to upgrade to pillow ball mounts with camber plate as they do not make the actual pillow ball mounting plate for this corolla model. However, pillow ball mounts have a schedule replacement period of 40,000kms until it starts making noise. But having rubber mounting bushings will never make noise and will last longer. If they ever need replacing it's a whole lot cheaper getting the bushes replaced compared to replacing pillow ball mounts.

Will post new pics of her new stance when i get around to it this weekend.

Free installation for me (as i previously paid them $300 to install the Cusco which turned out to be dodgy), 2 years warranty, fantastic service by the 2 blokes who look after my car and go out of their way to fine tune the suspension according to my requirements.... what more can one ask for? :toast: win/win situation

what are the pedders coilovers worth? how do they compare to the zero 2 or teins?

Under $2000. It has 30 damper settings. I set them at 22 front/rear for daily driving with my current economy tyres.

Zero-2 has much harsher damper settings from 1 to 5, but are still very good for what they were made for in Japan - smoother roads not crappy bumpy Melbourne roads.

Teins... I can't really comment from experience, but I've heard from the pedders sth melb blokes that one client got them to install a set of Teins coilovers in his car and then the driver came back several weeks later saying that the Teins were too soft.

I couldn't pass up the offer of having the free installation due to previously spending $300 for the install of dodgy used Cusco zero-2s (slab of Asahi beer went to them), height, bump and rebound damper and camber adjustments, alignment and 2 years warranty for the Extreme XA coilovers. Their service is second to none and any hiccups can be dealt with very minimal downtime. Part replacements are just a phone call away/delivered from their warehouse in Port Melbourne too.

So thats my reasoning of running with the Pedders coilovers, as I've also seen them handle extremely well driving behind 1stKill at the last melb meet at Mt.Dandy. As long as they are finely tuned to your driving style and requirements... then you will be :)

Bilstein being top of the range, best of the best minimum $5000 for a set of coilovers. I would go defintely invest in a set of Bilstein coilovers if I had a car that had a market value of +$50,000.

New celica engine cover - bought from Toyrolla Spares off a half cut JDM celica $50!!

Gold plated audio terminals with soldered wires.

Bolted down Kenwood amp to the boot plywood panel behind the rear seats.

Amp all wired up neatly.

paint the cover red... LOL :P

also nice sub... looks exactly like mine :clap:

cant wait to hear it tomorrow mate :)

No more painting plastic stuff lol. I'm over it.

I wanna replace this sub with a smaller JBL sub+box. This one takes up so much room.

Got my car back from Pedders from yet another height adjustment. Perfect! not too low to scrape tow bar over the pavement at mildly steep driveways. Increased damper to 24 from 22. Exhaust bend piping no longer hits torsion beam. It has 20mm clearance with 2 decent size blokes sitting in the rear seats and with the rear wheel on the Pedders 45 degree sloped workshop driveway.

Then another test with one of the guys in the right rear seat and me jumping like a monkey on the frame section of the boot. Had the other Pedders guy check clearance while I was jumping up and down (87kgs) and still had a good 10mm clearance for the exhaust bend over the torsion bar.

So this weekend I'm going fishing/picnic at Port Arlington and i will find out if the pipe still touches the torsion beam (creates a a medium to loud rattling noise+vibrations) with a full car load of passengers plus fishing gear and BBQ food.

However, I will still get the exhaust pipeline bend aligned right smack in the centre of the torsion beam to further increase the clearance of it.

Thanks BKS for your exhaust workshop contact.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: