Aurion won't start

I woke up this morning and tried turning on the car and it wouldn't go at all. All i hear is this machine gun sound in the engine bay and that's it.

Just picked the car up yesterday and now i won't start at all. Is this meant to be part of the RWC check?

Edited by Hamster

I thought it too that it was a flat battery. I don't want to jump start because i need to know if checking the battery is part of RWC.

The guys who did the RWC also missed chips on the windscreen and also a broken wiper blade.

Continuous clicking is a good indicator of a flat battery.

When they do a RWC, they don't really test the condition of the battery. If the car starts fine, the battery is considered good enough for them.

As for the other discrepancies, sounds like they got a quick and easy (not necessarily dodgy.. but kinda) roadworthy. I know one RWC I got in the past, they just looked at the car from the office and ticked all the boxes.

It's not normal / awfully rare to have a flat battery after within 24 hours of turning the engine off. A car with a decent battery could handle a start after a week or two and often longer.

Try jump starting em and see if it works.. I'm guessing the problem is in that / the alternator.

RWC doesn't always check evrything.. Often they miss things here and there. I wonder if u can go back to em and ask them for those things that they missed, considering it's only been a day.

Edited by VF-X

RACV guy came and told me the battery was completely flat. Will toll the car up to the dealer on monday and complaint of the dead battery and other issues.

very unusual for it to be completely flat, unless somethings draining it (lights left on etc). Might also indicate a possible fault with the alternator too.

Brought the car up to the Toyota service centre where i bought the car from and they claim to have given me a new battery. Funny thing is the terminals are still the same colour, the stickers are half peeled off and there's acid still leaking from the + terminal. They also were meant to do a service for my car and the oil is still black as ****. Air filters both engine and cabin are black with dirt in them. Part of the service was to inspect the battery and filters and i guess they didn't do it. The dealer also claimed to give me some touch up paint so i can FINISH the job they were meant to do for me and they charged me for the paint.

Now i have to go and spend money on a battery that won't fail on me. Any brands or models i should look at?

Should i name and shame this toyota dealer/service?

Brought the car up to the Toyota service centre where i bought the car from and they claim to have given me a new battery. Funny thing is the terminals are still the same colour, the stickers are half peeled off and there's acid still leaking from the + terminal. They also were meant to do a service for my car and the oil is still black as ****. Air filters both engine and cabin are black with dirt in them. Part of the service was to inspect the battery and filters and i guess they didn't do it. The dealer also claimed to give me some touch up paint so i can FINISH the job they were meant to do for me and they charged me for the paint.

Now i have to go and spend money on a battery that won't fail on me. Any brands or models i should look at?

Should i name and shame this toyota dealer/service?

definitely pop in to say hi on your way to the dept of fair trading if you catch my drift. Black oil is proof they didn't change it, if you got a receipt saying they did they you have good grounds to make a claim on.

Personally, I'd make a list of everything they charged you for and what you can reasonably believe wasn't done (ie a new battery should be new, not obviously 2nd hand). Unfortunately the law states they are to be given the chance to correct there errors, so hence they can do half ****d work most of the time and only need to do a proper job for those you come back and complain.

Seriously, screw the dealers. They are all **** scammers. They don't do jobs they are meant to do. No wonder why they never let you see them do the work. They take your car to the back to never be seen again. This is not how a mechanic should be.

I never mentioned this, but when my T-bar light was not working and I took it to them to get it fixed. They put in a new light bulb. But then the light the lights up the gear shifter part was not working. So I opened the centre console to find there is no light there.

WTF?

I was ****** off. I was going to call them and complain but it was too late and closed. So I decided to vacuum the car and while vacuuming the floor mat I found the very small light bulb on floor mat. Put that in and it worked. wtf was the light doing there and why did the remove the old one from there?

I will never eve take my car to a dealer any more. If I'm not paying because its warranty I don't really give a crap because its not my money and if they don't fix it I can keep going back :P

My Aurion battery went flat on the weekend.

Accidently left the boot open on a monday night, next time i drove was saturday morning and it was flat as a tack.

Didnt even kick over. I turned the key and nothing happened, no sound or anything!

Thank god for nrma roadside assist. ha ha

Accidently left the boot open on a monday night, next time i drove was saturday morning and it was flat as a tack.

Didnt even kick over. I turned the key and nothing happened, no sound or anything!

How does a 1w light drain a battery?

Autobarn are having a sale on Super Charge Silver car batteries at $99. Save $40.

Does anyone have any experience with the brand Super Charge?

Autobarn are having a sale on Super Charge Silver car batteries at $99. Save $40.

+1!!!!!!!

I once left BOTH my map reading lights on overnight and noticed like 3pm the next day. Nothing happened.

How can your small light flatten the battery? :blink:

I once left my dome light an overnight and my battery was somehow flatten too...

Edited by VF-X

My friend once took her Mazda Eunos to a local service place, complaining of having troubles starting the car and it guzzling fuel like crazy. I had already taken a look at it and knew what the issues were, but didn't have the time to get it going. She took it herself to the service shop, and they marked down that they changed the oil, coolant, spark plugs, air filter and a few other odds and ends, and charged around $300 for it.

I picked up the car for her the next day, and ended up having to do a rolling start to get it going. When I took a look at it that night after work, I found they didn't replace the oil but bizarrely changed the filter, the coolant was tap water with maybe 1L of coolant total (way below the 33% minimum) and the thermostat was jammed wide open, spark plugs had been sanded with some emery paper and the air filter had been "cleaned", evidently with an air compressor as it was malformed and no longer sat in the box properly. I came back about a week later to complain, only to find that the place had been shut down (good riddance I say)!

To get the car going, I spent about a month going over it, and identified a completely missing distributor cap button (I am still baffled how it even ran!), cracked distributor, worn points and rotor, cracked spark plugs, clogged injectors, cracked spark plugs and failed oxygen sensors. Cost me about $200 to get everything fixed myself, and the car runs like new again! The list of faults wasn't anything due to neglect on her part, but due to the shop failing to service it each time she took it.

Anyway, the moral of the story is do your research before settling on a place to do the service. After the service, have it independently checked at least once to make sure they weren't doing anything shifty. I personally drive over 45 minutes to my Toyota dealer, despite the fact I live less than 10 minutes from 6 other dealers. I could never fault the service, so I simply make the extra trip :)

+1!!!!!!!

I once left BOTH my map reading lights on overnight and noticed like 3pm the next day. Nothing happened.

How can your small light flatten the battery? :blink:

My car sits in the garage mon-friday because I catch a train to work.

I left the boot open Monday night, went to use the car on Saturday morning and it was dead.

My car sits in the garage mon-friday because I catch a train to work.

I left the boot open Monday night, went to use the car on Saturday morning and it was dead.

LoL.. That's 1 week.. Even my battery died after around 24 hours.