Resetting Factory Car Radio After Battery Disconnect

Blacksheep

I did this recently on my 2002 Corolla and thought this may come in handy. You have to know your 3 digit code before carrying out the procedure.

The letters SEC should be displayed on the radio.

1. Turn the ignition on so that only accessories are powered.

2. Hold the TUNE ^ button and the 1 button at the same time until three lines appear.

3. Using the 1 button, press until the first digit of the code appears, using the 2 button press until the second digit of the code appears, using the 3 button press until the third digit of the code appears.

4. Hold the SCAN button until SEC appears on the display and disappears.

The car audio system is now enabled.

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

If you bought the car or had it serviced by a Toyota dealer you should be able to get the code from them. Otherwise, i don't know sorry. There must be a way to reset the code.

• 2 months later...

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Does that mean Toyota Charge $50 just to type in the code :ph34r:

Considering it isn't always the last 3 numbers of the VIN (and it is user-changeable, too), they generally have to do more than just "type in the code"

• 3 weeks later...

Not really, in most cases the last 3 digits of the VIN don't work and then the centre console trims need to be taken off, followed by the radio and then hook up a "decoder" box sort of thing to it, which decodes it

I've actually got a list of numbers you can try, i think its mainly for cars before 06 but

• 2 months later...

Not really, in most cases the last 3 digits of the VIN don't work and then the centre console trims need to be taken off, followed by the radio and then hook up a "decoder" box sort of thing to it, which decodes it

I've actually got a list of numbers you can try, i think its mainly for cars before 06 but

I have Toyota Echo 2005( sedan) . May i have the numbers that i can try pliz

I have Toyota Echo 2005( sedan) . May i have the numbers that i can try pliz

Try the last 3 digits of the vehicle VIN number. This can be located on the rego sticker, engine bay or the vehicle log book.

• 4 months later...

Does anyone have the default code or fact code for a 2002 Corolla Levin Seca Hatchback? I got HELP and can't enter my preset code - it has gone to factory default after kids messed around with it. Even a list of codes to try would be good as it could be a similar model radio in other Toyotas. Please help.

• 2 months later...