CES CAI

Looking to buy a CES CAI new. Just wanted to know if anyone else in Melbourne is thinking of getting one as we can save over $100 as they take a fair bit off plus deliver is split.

PM me if you want to buy one

i was looking to order one within the next couple of weeks. i remember seeing in another thread a few people were planning a group buy for it.

Looking to buy a CES CAI new. Just wanted to know if anyone else in Melbourne is thinking of getting one as we can save over $100 as they take a fair bit off plus deliver is split.

PM me if you want to buy one

You know where i stand with this one.

It would have been so much better if we all were in the same state but if there is enough NSW interest may be we can do 1 group buy and have shipping split to 2 diff states..spiteful.gif

From memory shipping was $21 ( via Aust Post for Headers) to NSW but Vic maybe higher , and the CAI are smaller and lighter than headers so dont expect the shipping cost to be higer.

Maybe we can get a QLD member to buy it and distribute it at the National Meet ?? biggrin.gif

Edited by Rolla & Sao Boy

How much do they go for normally? I may be interested.

i think for the whole kit, including pipe, brackets, fittings and k&n pod filter, it was $512 plus postage. but thats single unit price, group buy would involve discounts im assuming

How much do they go for normally? I may be interested.

From the CES Website

COLD AIR INTAKE KIT FOR BOTH [2ZZ GE MOTOR ] + [1ZZ FE MOTOR]

2ZZ GE INCLUSIONS: M.S. INTAKE PIPE WITH SILVER

CERAMIC COATING (INSIDE/OUTSIDE PIPEWORK),

K & N POD FILTER (CHOICE) WITH MOUNTING BRACKETS,

45 DEGREE RUBBER BEND, 2 X S.S. CLAMPS,

INCL. LASER CUT FLANGE, 2 X RUBBER MOUNTS.

2ZZ GE MOTOR RRP $512.00 incl. GST ….INCLUDES K & N ® POD FILTER

1ZZ FE MOTOR RRP $407.00 incl. GST … INCLUDES K & N ® POD FILTER

Since I have the 1ZZ, that kinda negates the group buy aspect am I right?

Not really spiteful.gif

Since they do sell the kit for 1ZZ there should still be a discount offered as long as we are buying more than 1 kit from them at a time .

1ZZ FE MOTOR RRP $407.00 incl. GST … INCLUDES K & N ® POD FILTER

The other options for Sportivo owners are :

RRP $512.00 - with * K & N POD FILTER choice

RRP $469.00 - with washable POD FILTER (non brand) choice

RRP $395.00 – Delete Pod Filter from kit

What's the difference between CES and TRD, they both look the same to me in the CAI buyers guide thread..

i was reading about it, and looking at pictures... same shape, same bends, same curves on the pipes...

the only thing i noticed is one is stainless and ones red. i know TRD is discontinued.. but other than that.. is it same?

note: i'm not talking about filter here

i have been researching CAI's ever since i got my sportivo and i finally will finish my exams on monday so i wana get some things done to my car

really quickly, "the difference between the CES and TRD" topic is everywhere on this forum so check it out, the debate is huge

i reckon we can get the filter cheaper so ill be looking for the $395 option. This is the email is received from CES:

Yes we can definitely offer you a discount for a 2 x off or 3 - 5 off purchase order. Definite savings also in the freight cost as well. Discount will apply to orders purchased together as 1 order and delivered to the ONE destination. Thank you.

2 x C.A.I. sets 10% Discount RRP $512 each price for 2 now $921.60 [saving $102.40]

With K & N Pod filter package

2 x sets [less K & N Pod filter] packages RRP $395 each price for 2 now $711.00 [saving $79.00].

FREIGHT FOR 2 X OFF PURCHASE $28.00 for both delivered to same address together....freight saving $22.00

3 x C.A.I. sets 15% Discount RRP $512 each price for 3 now $1305.60

[saving $230.40]

Delete Pod Filter choice 3 x off purchase $1007.25 [saving $177.75]

Same freight costs........$28.00 [Freight saving now with 3 x $47.00].

So the savings are there

it is just a matter of getting the interest, getting the payments n distributing it

so should i post this in the group buy section???

sorry mate, in exam mode atm

as far as im concerned ones made in USA ones in Aus is about right

i just consider the Aus one over TRD cause CES is made for our sportivo where the TRD is made for Corolla XRS

also, CES have certain parts that ship with the CAI to assist in the installation with the 05 facelift model

i believe the fog light is bigger or something like that

I read everything on this forum about it. dry.gif

I'm not asking about which is better... i said, what's the difference?

ones made in USA ones in Aus.

still looks same visually/shape-wise.

nvm.

Hey mate , TRD is 2.75inch and i'm pretty sure the CES one is 3inch except where the MAF sensor is.

I know you didnt ask which one is better but CES have proven gains of 5-7kw with their kits and as kewl10_mac mentioned CES will be an easier instal because its designed with our Right Hand Drive in mind.

As for the shape , they will be just about the same but being honest you cant compare 2 photos as 1 degree in pipe bend adds to a lot in real life.

So yes the TRD fits but its not a straight bolt on like the CES CAI is.

As for the discounts , im ready to haggle them (CES) if we get enough interest from NSW and VIC as we should still get the group discount and be able to ship to 2 diff states. Whats $28 shared for instance between 3 or 4 ... Not much spiteful.gif

For the QLD members we can get them in the group buy but they can pick up the kit if they are close to CES .

As for the discounts , im ready to haggle them (CES) if we get enough interest from NSW and VIC as we should still get the group discount...

Could you ask them what the go is if there's like 5 Sportivo Models and only one 1ZZ model? From what was posted earlier it looked to me like everything had to be the same.

Called and spoke to Trevor at CES

He said we will still be entitled to a discount even if the order was split and sent to 2 different states.

Dont ask , but with the calculation he did the KN filter he supplies with the kit is only worth $65.(My calculation $512 Whole kit - Pipe only $395 = $117)unsure.gif

As for the 1ZZ Kit , CEs have advised the member will get a discount if in the same group buy but he needs to check if there is any stock and will call me back today with the info.

The Shipping

Usually 2 units weighing under 20KG will be $28 to VIC and NSW (Each parcel). In the case of more than 1 box shipped because all the units wont fit will incur another shipping for that parcel.

Stock

ATM he has 4 units for the Sportivos and will confirm if he has stock or Original template/Design for the 1ZZ Model.

To get more units fabricated it will be 2 week turn-around on the current workload.

If a QLD member wants to be part of the buy he/she can either pick the unit or get it shipped and will get the group buy Discount.

Hope this helps answer more questions.

kewl10_mac , not hijacking your POST , just trying to assist whilst you are busy with exams .. cool.gif

hey man, hijack away, i was expecting like one other person to respond to this, that sounds awesome w/ the group buy and if the K&N comes to only $65, then im up to get everything together

hey man, hijack away, i was expecting like one other person to respond to this, that sounds awesome w/ the group buy and if the K&N comes to only $65, then im up to get everything together

We might need to get this moved to Group Buy section (as an EOI) to generate more interest otherwise this post will get burried under ..

'kewl10_mac' have got any pms yet?

I read everything on this forum about it. <_<

I'm not asking about which is better... i said, what's the difference?

ones made in USA ones in Aus.

still looks same visually/shape-wise.

nvm.

difference is CES intake is 3" and reduced to 2.75" at maf sensor. i think the sensor is mounted up on top since it's specifically designed for the sportivo rather than the xrs ones mounted a bit to the side

all other brands aem, trd, injen, etc are 2.75" all the way

ppe make one 3" all the way which requires a aftermarket ecu

i think we should be getting mod approval on this and get them!

I think it was more a EOI and if we got enough interest it was going to then go through the Mods as a formal request for approval.

It was going to defeat the purpose of hassling the mods and then no one really wanting to go for it , as it i dont think we have a lot of interest.

Few more keen ppl would get the ball rolling , FASTER ..spiteful.gif

Afterall the benefits were going to be great for all ..

Eg 3 units at $435 each instead of $512 (sorry , then need to share postage)

Im keen... who is going to take control?? im in Brisbane.

if it saves anyone money for anyone i don't mind picking them up and posting??

Hey Dylan good to see you trying to help the boys out .Luckly CES is not too far from you too..

So far 5 members are init (correct me if wrong)

1)kewl10_mac

2)Rolla & Sao Boy - ME ..

3)RO11ER

4)HiLift

5)TRolla

Looking good so far .. cool.gif

There was going to be 15% Discount for 3 or more units..

3 x C.A.I. sets 15% Discount RRP $512 each price for 3 now $1305.60

[saving $230.40]

Delete Pod Filter choice 3 x off purchase $1007.25 [saving $177.75]

Same freight costs........$28.00 [Freight saving now with 3 x $47.00].