CES CAI 2ZZ-GE

maca_10

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the modified 2zz one should be no extra charge, they just have to make it up

i have also sent an email off for the prices of 8-10 of the cai's. so hopefully i should be getting some prices soon

Also, the plan is to send the CAI's to one address in each state. It will just be more expensive to send them to everyone individually

Ill keep you guys posted

for the facelight guys, the "small mod" involves cutting out a section of your inner guard. the back part of the headlights on the facelight is fatter than the pre-facelift, and you need to cut a section out in order to fit and cater for the lack of clearance. so a hacksaw is required.

just an fyi.

Thinking about using my 3a racing one but if it's goes down cheap enuf I'll get the k&n

when i spoke to Trevor at CES not too long ago the filter worked out to be $65 when the discount was applied.

I thought that was fair as its hard to get KN Pod for that price..

On the topic of the shipping to one address , i used e-go online as suggested on this forum and sent a PC to QLD from NSW delivered to the door for $15..

The package size was 50 x 50 x 30 cm weighing 10kg.. Just imagine how much cheaper the CAI will be as its not heavey..

The shipping was $11 and i added insurance hence the cost went to $15-16..

Even if we get it shipped to our own address for $12 -$15 odd we will still be ahead with the group buy discount, will be even sweeter if we get more disc for getting 8 + units biggrin.gif

Firstly, the small mod as lateralus wrote is a small cutout of the inner guard and it really is small as i have the photos to show u guys

Secondly, the price for 3-10 CAI's with K&N filter (usual retail - $512) has been 15% discount to $435.20 + freight (Rolla & Sao Boy seems to be on top of this). That is quite a good saving.

Im all up for the K&N filter and it becomes really complicated when u need to factor in who wants it or not. I believe most of us want the K&N but voice ur opinion if u dont and we will have to sort something out.

For the guys in Victoria, im going to get them delivered to my place as i can then distribute them to u guys meaning, if there is 5 Victorians, that it will cost us (according to CES) $5 each but it could be even cheaper with R&SB's ideas, n i see most of the VIC's are going on the cruise in july which by then we should have these intakes.

So, if we can sort out the K&N thing, if everyone is up for it, I can contact the mods to get the Group Buy all official.

Yeah, once we get the go ahead, ill find out from the mods what they want to do. Im not sure yet how they want this to be handled. once i get the K&N option approval from all, ill PM the mods.

K&N is fine for me .. Not fussed at all ..Plus eliminates the hassle of then looking for a filter that fits and is good ..

QLD members will have an advantage picking the unit from CES as they wont have to pay shipping..

I was happy that CES said the discounts still applied even if it was picked up and others shipped ..

Would have been really cranky if the answer would have been NO ..

Havent been part of a Group Buy before but making a Direct Deposit to CES's account is something that i might not mind at all if anyone was concerned about their monies..

Please read my first post. Also can all of you guys PM me with your real name, address and mobile no.

Ill get in contact to find where CES want us to send the money.

CES will not send any of the CAI's until all of the money is sent so hopefully this can be done quickly.

Ill continue to stay in contact with CES and with all of you.

Thanks

i think i said in another post, but not sure, that it will cost the same as everyone is paying. So no extra. You and i believe HiLift want the 3" all through so ill make sure this is done.

As there is a fair bit of interest, they have to make some CAI's up and with the 3" they will just simply make them, so no extra charge.

Still need more PM's about my previous post so i can confirm who you are and will PM you back with the bank account details.

Thanks

I have just received an email from CES with the details of the bank account therefore this group buy is ready to go.

im not back in melb till thursday but will PM everyone with the details then

Therefore this group buy may be closing in the next 2 weeks.

ill keep you all posted

2ZZ:

1. kewl10_mac (VIC - 05)

2. Rolla & Sao Boy (NSW - 03)

3. HiLift (QLD - 05)

4. hAmZ (QLD - 04)

5. dezzymun (VIC - 05)

6. and1 (WA - 05)

7. twungs (VIC - 05)

8. hong (VIC - 03)

9. Burak (VIC - 05)

Looking at the list , i'm the only loner from NSW who is part of this ..laugh.gif

Looks like i will be arranging my own cheap courier to cut down the shipping cost.

Even though its only $22 i'm still complaining cause my rego is due next month.Timing really sucks.

Were you able to charm CES for a bigger discount than the 15% ?

15% is the best we have atm which is still pretty good

Unfortunately i cannot upload the word doco that CES sent me but i need everyone's emails to send it to them which needs to be filled out and emailed back as this has the EFTPOS account details and you can send your payment once you have sent the email with the attached word doco.

Here is the rundown:

VIC:

1. kewl10_mac

2. twungs

3. hong

4. Burak

All CAI's will be delivered to me. The cost will be $435.20 + $10.00 frieght each = $445.20 for each VIC member

QLD:

1. HiLift (custom 3" all through)

2. hAmZ

Make sure you tell CES in the word doco that you want the custom 3" all through

Each CAI will cost $435.20 as you will be picking them up directly from CES Racing

NSW:

1. Rolla & Sao Boy

Yours will be $435.20 + $25.00 = $460.20. You said you would like to organise your own shipping. I cant organise that so you will have to email CES and discuss that with them.

I have been told that with Australia Post, it is very simple and very secure as they are tracked.

If everyone can tell me their email address, i will send you the word doco you need to send to CES.

If you have any questions please email me, kewl10_mac@hotmail.com or phone/txt me on 0423874717

Thanks

Edited by kewl10_mac

Sorry guys I think I might have to pull out of this. I might be going the PPE intake as I'm getting the PPE headers very soon. I can't justify paying over 400 for another intake when I already have one atm. Maybe after I get the Power FC in and get a tune.

Again sorry guys.