CES CAI 2ZZ-GE

maca_10

to and1 - no worries mate, i have five inc. me definite about the CAI so im not really so worried about it

to R&SB - enjoy ur shipping!!!, email sent back to u

Edited by kewl10_mac

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

picked up my intake yesterday and installed it last night :D

guess you guys gotta wait 2 weeks :P

ill put one up over the weekend. took me about 1 hour to remove and install everything in the dark

nice, u have already done everything, im still waiting on the VIC guys to send me their emails for the word doco so they can send their money.

hope u enjoy it, please post some pics n maybe a vid

picked up my intake yesterday and installed it last night biggrin.gif

guess you guys gotta wait 2 weeks tongue.gif

did you still get it as part of the group buy ? or walked into CES and paid full price ??

Damm you , already have it installed too...2 weeks ahhhh sad.gif

yeah got it as part of the group buy. just went to pay for it only, but they had 1 on the shelf ready so.. :)

one the hoses from the black canister thing was too short for my liking, as it was stretched to reach. only was on half the nipple on both ends, so I just replaced it to give it some slack

post-16526-127891385042_thumb.jpg

before

post-16526-127891387551_thumb.jpg

after

post-16526-127891388631_thumb.jpg

im also getting a bit of a humming noise now. it's from the cai. i think i read on here somewhere that some people also were hearing this after the install also and that it was normal?

Edited by hAmZ

yeah got it as part of the group buy. just went to pay for it only, but they had 1 on the shelf ready so.. smile.gif

one the hoses from the black canister thing was too short for my liking, as it was stretched to reach. only was on half the nipple on both ends, so I just replaced it to give it some slack

post-16526-127891385042_thumb.jpg

before

post-16526-127891387551_thumb.jpg

after

post-16526-127891388631_thumb.jpg

im also getting a bit of a humming noise now. it's from the cai. i think i read on here somewhere that some people also were hearing this after the install also and that it was normal?

Nice ...! cool.gif ..As long as you tightened those clamps well enough everything should be ok .. That noise appears normal, when the engine is cold you will notice the noise will be louder ..

I was also told not to rev the engine once the CAI is installed. Just let it idle as apprently the ECU must adjust to the new CAI which apparently doesn't take long.

Hope you enjoy yours. Mines paid for and should be in the mail soon

yep i did what he said. havnt really tested it out, but so far my impressions are

that it smoothed out the power curve

no more dip in power before lift kicks in (kinda feels like it's not as powerful because there's no more kick) lol

more power and torque down low

easier on hilly roads with gears before that i found lacking in power.

and lift is soooo beautiful and LOUD!! :clap:

Edited by hAmZ

how do i close this thing?

Do you mean the thread ???laugh.gif

Just put CLOSED on the topic and maybe put a date when it was closed so ppl dont dig this one up , but having said that ppl come around and open something (most in the B&S) after 3 years ...laugh.gif hoping for it to be still for sale .

anyone know when they will be ready???

Hey Dylan ,

this is the email CES sent me

"We have already finalised production and expect the new ceramic coated stock to be ready for dispatch by Friday 23rd July (next week)."

and on another subject this is what p1ssed me off

"If you are arranging transport please add $10 packaging item fee onto your order -With packaging the items all wrapped together securely for transport - come in just under 5 kgs... approx 4.500kg."

$10 for packaging??mad.gif + Shipping cost on top ... sounds like those shonky Ebay items , $0.99 for the item $20 for postage.

So my courier will be $15 plus the packaging $10 =$25 which is the same they will charge using Aust Post.

I'm going to get my father in-law to pick the damm thing and ship it to me ..idea.gif

Hey Dylan ,

"We have already finalised production and expect the new ceramic coated stock to be ready for dispatch by Friday 23rd July (next week)."

"If you are arranging transport please add $10 packaging item fee onto your order -With packaging the items all wrapped together securely for transport - come in just under 5 kgs... approx 4.500kg."

$10 for packaging??mad.gif + Shipping cost on top ... sounds like those shonky Ebay items , $0.99 for the item $20 for postage.

So my courier will be $15 plus the packaging $10 =$25 which is the same they will charge using Aust Post.

I'm going to get my father in-law to pick the damm thing and ship it to me ..idea.gif

Packing materials aren't free you know. In addition to the time required to properly secure + pack the items.

Besides you are getting some quality **** anyway so I'd rather pay abit extra to ensure it's sent properly. Would you prefer them to just wrap it it some butchers paper and hand it over to your courier company?

Hey Dylan ,

Packing materials aren't free you know. In addition to the time required to properly secure + pack the items.

Besides you are getting some quality **** anyway so I'd rather pay abit extra to ensure it's sent properly. Would you prefer them to just wrap it it some butchers paper and hand it over to your courier company?

point taken but .. i got my 1st CAI shipped from USA , No bubble wrap , no fancy packaging . Came in a proper size box with minimal space for item movement and no damage to the box or the item what so ever ..

Its not a fragile item hence i cant justify $10 for pakaging..

If i was getting HID kit i will gladly pay the the extra .... Not having a go , only driving my point ..

So you'd rather bother your father-in-law over $10?

Its the concept not the value ..

This is what i mean , if you can buy coke for $2 a bottle why pay $5 for it ?

Why pay when you dont have to.

As i mentioned , not having a go but driving my point .

He doesnt live too far from CES and does go in that direction so i'm not making him go out of his way .

I would consider "bothering him" if i made him go out of his way.

I can carry on explaining what i mean but i rather not.

A couple of things spring to mind:

1) You guys are already getting a good deal on a great product, so paying the $10 isn't going to make the Group Buy not worthwhile

2) In the event that CES didn't charge $10 for packing and it does get damaged; the first thing we are going to hear is "WTF? CES didn't even pack the goods properly"

3) While the father-in-law is close by, it is the fact that you are asking him to do you a favour because you don't want to spend $10 on packing. Remember, he still has to pull into CES and get the CAI and look after your package and wait for the courier to come pick it up from him. You've switched responsibility from CES to your father-in-law.

1) You guys are already getting a good deal on a great product, so paying the $10 isn't going to make the Group Buy not worthwhile

2) In the event that CES didn't charge $10 for packing and it does get damaged; the first thing we are going to hear is "WTF? CES didn't even pack the goods properly"

3) While the father-in-law is close by, it is the fact that you are asking him to do you a favour because you don't want to spend $10 on packing. Remember, he still has to pull into CES and get the CAI and look after your package and wait for the courier to come pick it up from him. You've switched responsibility from CES to your father-in-law.

Thanks for your input , now you can carry on with your life ...

Thanks for your input , now you can carry on with your life ...

Can you over $10? Or should I speak to your folks and ask them to give your pocket money a hard earned raise?

Ummmm.....

This is a Group Buy for the CES CAI. PM each other if you want to talk about other things, thanks.

Anyway it all looks good for the shipments by friday or sometime around then. Then installations begin.

So hope to see all four of our cars up here soon.

Thanks

comeon fellas lighten up. if you guys want i will pick up all your intakes and post them to you. i will charge packing, postage + a small fee :spiteful: