Kenshin's Rice Rocket

Kenshin X

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, they even released a limited edition G6R to celebrate the WRC wins....and what better way to celebrate a world-championship winning race car than to bolt a 6-speed gearbox to a standard 4AFE...

That blue one does look awesome though, even better than the AE101 FXGTs (and I love my 101 FXGTs)

this.

nice day, a bit hot towards the end of the day but managed to get a PB on street tyres ;)

happy chap at the moment :D didn't wanna get too greedy so i called it a day! tires were shot too lol

victory "YES!" at 2.21 lol...........

• Like 2

that equipment of tracking the time is expensive !! What have you got?

Good for your PB, but why on street tyres again !!! want to see your pb on semis !!!

I watch the video, I think you can brake later on corners, and that car is blocking you, sigh!!!

I am not that far away from you, hahahaha

Edited by ben yip

• 3 weeks later...

amazing build. a fair amount of time and effort has gone into this , congratulations! Green is awesome.

thanks man, i didnt see you or desmond at winton exe in november! lol

Hey man, believe it or not I read this whole thread start to finish, page 1 to 78 during a whole day because I'm on holidays. I was exploring this thread because I had some interest in buying a pre-facelift Corolla Sportivo and just wanted to see the possibilities of modifications which could be done to this car - and wow, I think your car has gone through every single one possible. Just a few things I wanted to say;

1) First and foremost this is an awesome build, and I respect the time, effort, money and whatever else you put into this car. It's truly something man.

2) Major feels for when you smashed into the gutter. That was the one and only accident I've ever had in a car. Happened in my Camry Sportivo on a wet day when I just learned how to rev-match downshift.. The result was (according to my mum) a $12K repair bill.

3) I don't know if I missed something while reading, but where did the green transformation come from? Why bro? Completely outta left field to me haha.

But beautiful car nonetheless, nice job man! Keep it up!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

time to bring in the bad news. last year just before going away for xmas holiday 2013 this happened...

20140126_162901_zps10634f82.jpg

corner + sudden change of road conditions = write off

had to use the LSD to stop the car from veering onto oncoming traffic and went over the keep left sign. as the pole went under, it ripped the sump and and under neath the chassis ripping a few small holes in the process. If engine wasn't gone and the damage was only frontal, they would have fixed it still. air bags didnt deploy...

plates are currently hanging on the wall.

I have since bought a new car...

20140110_152336_zps816ad8f0.jpg

Its fun but it will never handle the same as the corolla did... ever... :(

Kermit will be sadly missed. its been a fun 5 years...