FLYWHEEL OPTIONS

I am currently looking at purchasing a flywheel and right now I have narrowed it down to 3 options and I have included the weights of each as well as the pricing:

TRD flywheel (9.7 lbs) [ US$605 ]

C-ONE flywheel (9.9 lbs) [ US$450 ]

C-one flywheel - type R (8.8 lbs) [ US$550 ]

What I want to know is if anyone has installed any of these options in their ZZE123 Corolla and if so, did the effect of the flywheel take any getting used to?

Additionally, this flywheel will be mated to an ACT clutch assembly (heavy-duty pressure plate with a 6-pad spring-centered race disc) which I have already.

Thanks in advance.

I am currently looking at purchasing a flywheel and right now I have narrowed it down to 3 options and I have included the weights of each as well as the pricing:

What I want to know is if anyone has installed any of these options in their ZZE123 Corolla and if so, did the effect of the flywheel take any getting used to?

Additionally, this flywheel will be mated to an ACT clutch assembly (heavy-duty pressure plate with a 6-pad spring-centered race disc) which I have already.

Thanks in advance.

If your already considering the Type R flywheel why not get the MWR Ultra light chromoly flywheel or the Fidanza aluminium flywheel. Both are lighter and are a fraction of the price.

Wow are you actually racing your car?

you can also opt for xtreme flywheel which is from australia. no need to wait around

they got chromoly 5.3kg/4.6kg

aluminium 3.4kg

chromoly cost around $450 i think so the aluminum probably around 500

I got the Xtreme chromoly flywheel a few years ago when i needed to get my clutch changed.

the car felt a little bit more responsive, fuel consumption seemed to go up very very slightly, but was probably me enjoying the lightweight flywheel. my fuel consumption is now back to where it used to be (maybe me driving more sedate).

From memory it was about $400 back then for the chromoly, but i didnt even look at getting an aluminium and shipping was 2 days from adelaide.

Edited by yoshi

Thanks in advance.

If your already considering the Type R flywheel why not get the MWR Ultra light chromoly flywheel or the Fidanza aluminium flywheel. Both are lighter and are a fraction of the price.

Thanks, I'll check those options out. With regards to your second question, I'm not racing my car.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, I'll check those options out. With regards to your second question, I'm not racing my car.

Ok so how come you have a 6 puck clutch face? Its not gonne be fun driving that as a daily. Bit of overkill to if you staying na.

did the effect of the flywheel take any getting used to?

The lighter it is from stock, the less inertia it has. Thus, it will affect you landing in the "Lift" power band if your shifting is too slow. If you are already having trouble of shifting within Lift zone with the stock flywheel, then you will have more difficulty with a lightened flywheel.

But if you are good at adapting and are able to learn to successfully shift a lot faster, then a lightened flywheel will be of great benefit to you.

you can also opt for xtreme flywheel which is from australia. no need to wait around

OP is in Barbados. Easy over sight with such few internationals on the board.

oh woops. lol. then the other flywheels as mentioned would do the trick!

Thanks in advance.

Ok so how come you have a 6 puck clutch face? Its not gonne be fun driving that as a daily. Bit of overkill to if you staying na.

The 6-puck clutch is reputedly stronger than the full face organic clutch and to the best of my knowledge, it's the pressure plate that impacts on drivability. ACT had two other pressure plate above the heavy-duty option, those being Extreme and Maxx Extreme and I have driven a car with the Extreme pressure plate already and that wasn't too bad.