Full Detail and Paint Correction

If only I could get that guy to do my TRD.

Edit: Damn that is a detailed site (no pun intended). Quite useful... if only I could manage following all the tips. That Grit Guard 2x4 method looks pretty smart as well.

Have a look at his How to Clay guide and the final pic in the article. Yowzers!

OMG... I think I just came.

IMG_3251.JPG

oh... my... god... :o :o :o :o that will NEVER be achieved by hand appl

u can never compare a normal detailer to a niche detailer.

u can pay someone $350 for a 4 hours job, or you can pay someone for 3-7days.

great post, puts us all to shame hehe but lovely lovely lovely. i like how 105/205 combo was used.

After having a proper read of the website, instead of staring at awe of the work done, it's a bit of a gold mine of info. I'm now thinking of ways to get an orbital polisher setup :ph34r:

something to bare in mind though. its about the technique rather than having one, jab on your cream of sort and cover the surface. its good to grab a vid tutorial or learn from someone who is pro with the orbital. directions on most orbitals when purchased are insufficient as they dont let u in on detailer's secrets.

having said that, highly recommend the Megs DA - very similar to the one Todd the man used, but his looks like a porter cable label (Megs is a customized PC machine)

I'm shocked at the lack of attention to the finish form the factory for such an expensive car, given the attention to detail and craftmanship that goes into the rest of the vehicle. I wouldn't accept a brand new vehicle from any dealer in a state like that, let alone a Ferrari.

I'm shocked at the lack of attention to the finish form the factory for such an expensive car, given the attention to detail and craftmanship that goes into the rest of the vehicle. I wouldn't accept a brand new vehicle from any dealer in a state like that, let alone a Ferrari.

most ppl think its possible to have a perfect finish on a vehicle. it is, however its IMPOSSIBLE not create swirls and cobwebs. every wash you perform will create swirls and cobwebs and other imperfections, its just a question of how minimal or maximal they are. the use of claimed "non scratch" materials only serve to minimize the creation of swirls, and its usually the detailer's or the person's technique that creates the surface imperfections, rather than the materials themselves.

so when the ferrari is out of the factory, it will have imperfections such as swirling and cobwebbing because the final inspection stages will require a showroom buff, creating swirls. and if its from a dealer, it will have a heap of imperfections because their attention to detail and care of their cars are no match for true professional detailers - be it a ferrari or a toyota dealer.

to give u a better idea - doing these will cause surface imperfections, and there's no escaping!:

car wash

sitting on car - naked or with jeans (how many times have you seen top gear hosts wearing harsh jeans and sitting on million dollar cars? all the time...)

residue removal

light finger nail run through

dirt/sand

bugs

....pretti much everything except viruses and air.

so just because its a supercar doesnt mean its' finish is going to be better than a daily drivers, cuz most ppl who own them know nothing about detailing, some may constantly get them detailed but most have no idea, so they do it with a garage cloth.

thats why there's money to be made in the detailing industry if you're in the right place.