FOOTWELL LAMPS

CONROD

Hi just after some information in regards to the footwell lights available for the aurion.Do they come standard in the Presara or Prodigy.I had alook under the dash and seen where they fit into, what I want to know is,are the wiring plugs already there taped up ready to be plugged into the lights and where abouts do the rear ones fit.I thought I would ask here first (someone might already have done the install ) before giving Toyota a buzz

Hi just after some information in regards to the footwell lights available for the aurion.Do they come standard in the Presara or Prodigy.I had alook under the dash and seen where they fit into, what I want to know is,are the wiring plugs already there taped up ready to be plugged into the lights and where abouts do the rear ones fit.I thought I would ask here first (someone might already have done the install ) before giving Toyota a buzz

I've installed my own footwell lights using some LEDs from eBay. I have run wiring up over the glove box and behing the steering wheels for the front and into the centre console for the rears and attached a switch to them. The power is sourced from the 12v outlet in the centre console. It is definately possible to wire them in conjunction with the headlights or the centre dome light, but I like being able to turn them on and off whenever I want, and I just like switches. Please excuse my pictures, they were taken for a different purpose and they are the only ones I have showing the lights. The light inside is most accurate in the darker photos.

DSC00719.jpg

DSC00723.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

As for placement, the lights cannot be seen from inside the car. The rear lights are attached to the bottom of the front seats facing the rear. I have found this gives the best light. The entire mod cost around $20.

the interior illumination isnt standard on any Aurion model :( but can be optioned up for around $140.80 or closer to $220 if you have your dealer fit it. P/N for the kit is: PZQ51-33050

:D

• 2 weeks later...

the interior illumination isnt standard on any Aurion model :( but can be optioned up for around $140.80 or closer to $220 if you have your dealer fit it. P/N for the kit is: PZQ51-33050

:D

Thanks for the part number.

Have you actually installed these yourself as I picked the kit up yesterday and found that it didn't come with any instructions of fitting details.

Just looking for a bit of help with this one as it is not clear were to hook these up.

Thanks

• 9 years later...
On 7/6/2010 at 10:47 AM, CONROD said:

Hi, I know this is an old post but did you manage to wire these footwell light in.Ive just bought a presses 2008 and it had these original Toyota led light in a box in the boot.I think the previous owner never got them installed.I was just wondering where you connected them under the glove box etc. It may of been to long now but any help will be appreciated.Thanks