Stock HU in Facellift Levin ZR

As I'm still about 10 weeks away from getting my car I'm trying to plan a few things in preparation.

Does anyone know the brand/model of the stock head unit in the facelift Levin ZR ? Does Toyota still own Fujitsu Ten and still use their units ?? If no-one knows this does anyone know what's on the rear panel and/or if there's tricky things you can do ie. access line in/outs, connect a USB device through the rear etc. ?

Also, as I don't own an iPod I have no idea what the interface is like on the head unit. Is it OK ? Would a 160Gb iPod chokka block full of music be too much for it or too difficult to navigate through ? I'm hoping not.

I know there are plenty of aftermarket alternatives out there but initially I just want to keep things stocko.

hrrmm... im not sure about the brand, but i reckon the stock headunit does a pretty good job. I've got an ascent which doesnt have the usb slot, or 6 stacker cd, but the aux was all i needed. Install a line out converter from jaycar into the rear of the headunit (which is easy to install) and installing a sub and amp works well.

I've gone through many ipods and a 160 gb ipod is plentiful. Instead of going through heaps of cds or all the songs, just make different playlists with the songs you want.

As I'm still about 10 weeks away from getting my car I'm trying to plan a few things in preparation.

Does anyone know the brand/model of the stock head unit in the facelift Levin ZR ? Does Toyota still own Fujitsu Ten and still use their units ?? If no-one knows this does anyone know what's on the rear panel and/or if there's tricky things you can do ie. access line in/outs, connect a USB device through the rear etc. ?

Also, as I don't own an iPod I have no idea what the interface is like on the head unit. Is it OK ? Would a 160Gb iPod chokka block full of music be too much for it or too difficult to navigate through ? I'm hoping not.

I know there are plenty of aftermarket alternatives out there but initially I just want to keep things stocko.

Hey Guys,

Yes, its a Fujitsu ten / eclipse stereo. They still do all the stereos for Toyota's sold in AU. There is a USB & AUX port on the front of the unit where you can plug a USB stick, iPod / iPhone or other Portable Music Player.

I plug my iphone 32GB in to the stock unit via the cable supplied by apple to connect it to a MAC or PC. With so much music, I would suggest using the genius function, so you get the same style of music maybe? But there should be no probs with connecting it up....it will even charge it for you :)