Hows this VIP styled Yaris?

dutchie101

wink.gif Yeah, my opinion. You're right i dont really follow the VIP scene, but when i think VIP, it's like, black car, black windows or a luxury car, like a Merc, Lexus etc. not necessarily a Yaris(not saying i dont like them). But for me it doesn't quite do it.

I agree with Trent, I don't think the Yaris suits the VIP scene. When I think VIP, I too think black or white (or even purple) sedans and in some cases people movers, dumped only a few mm off the ground with huge rims, super low profile tires.. But definitely unique!

I think everyone missed the topic title "VIP styled" not "VIP". The is a difference people!

"dumped only a few mm off the ground with huge rims, super low profile tires" - this example meets all your categories except not being a sedan. Mind you, people movers arnt true VIP either, just VIP styled. K cars, mini vans, compacts etc are all "VIP inspired or styled". Only traditional platforms, euro's and top end modern counterparts are really allowed to be true "VIP"- so i have had hammered into me the last few months after following VIP for like 10yrs. But really, the right luxury look, correct stance/wheel fitment brings them all under the same banner in my books. Its just there are so many niches these days.. just like a million ways of calling different doof music not doof. Oh no, its psy or trance or whatever.. same doof, different category :lol:

Has anyone noticed the perfect wheel fitment/stance shown on this vehicle? its as good as you will get :D

Heh all good, I just don't think the Yaris suits the VIP styling then - just my opinion.

I prefer this sort of stance and fitment for the Yaris as opposed to that, where the rims look oversized for my liking.

475200270_3LNG6-O.jpg

Different strokes for different folks? :P

I personally don't think it suits. Yeah sure, props to the guy who did it, but VIP or VIP styled, the Yaris doesn't really cut it in my opinion. A VIP styled car in my opinion should have an expensive and classy look to it. In my eyes, that car doesn't look like either.

Heres a few example of current VIP styling.. neither black or that luxurious, yet all are feature cars in VIPStyle this month.

Vipstylecover.jpg

Vipstyle3.jpg

Vipstyle2.jpg

Vipstyle1.jpg

Vipstylepink.jpg

Vipstylepink2.jpg

Tomatoes = Tomaaatoes. I guess times and styles change. VIP has always been about pushing the edge.

Thats a nice example Kenneth, i would be happy with that!

(im wondering if my doof comment ruffled a few feathers? :unsure: )

^ It's not the actual styling that is the issue. It's the base car they have chosen to style up.

Each to their own. Everyone is displaying their own point of view. No point trying to show them that their view isn't necessarily in line with the styling ethics. They already have their views.

It's like posting a photo of a model that you like and everyone responds saying they don't think she should be a model. Then you post back photos of models that are of the same 'quality' as the one you originally posted to show everyone that she is model worthy. See what's happening?

No, I dont see whats happening.

I actually put forward a number of different models, each one nothing like the original model to show variation of the current VIP scene. It was neither my intention to show other people the same model, what i like or prefer, just whats going on in the VIP scene.

So you dont like Yari, great.

I also commented on the model that Kenneth liked.

:blink:

Haha yeah he does.. Subaru Yaris anyone? That's the only odd thing about that black Yaris. If I recall correctly, it's because he worked in a Subaru workshop.. haha

VIP or VIP styled. Whatever it is ,it doesnt matter. Personally, i love it.

The stance on that yaris is on point. I assume by the rego its not from australia?

I think it might be from Indonesia or Singapore.

i can see what they are trying to do and its not toooooo bad but yeah its not my thing ..... i find this type of look is an aquired taste so to speak ........

Heya, thought i would share these pics i saw on an Aus vip site...

have a gander:

94181490.jpg

22268077.jpg

86588053.jpg

gota say.. hella flush!

hellatucked more like it... hehe.

I dont mind it actually... I would be interested to know about the 5stud conversion.

Do you guys think it could be a 4-5stud conversion spacer? Im thinking maybe/maybe not, cause you would loose another 15mm of offset using one. Not sure how much swimming room there is on the Yari. Or a hub swap obviously.

Correction - VIP or Bippu is first based on Executive Japanese Cars such as Toyota Century, Nissan President, Lexus GS/LS, Nissan Cima, Nissan Fuga etc etc You then go to town on modifying them for the appearance of premium luxury. Typically with big/deep kits, big exhaust and large rims that are flush with the overfender/flared guards. Interior is to be modified so that it makes Maybach look like 3rd rate.

Everything else is VIP Styled ;) or confused with DUB and what not...

• 2 weeks later...