Anyone upgrade their 1zz to a different engine?

Just wondering if anyone has seen a 1zz/2zz corolla having the engine changed to a completely different type of engine? I think I remember seeing a corolla with a supra engine some years back but that was in the UK FRom what I can remember... Any others?

Just wondering if anyone has seen a 1zz/2zz corolla having the engine changed to a completely different type of engine? I think I remember seeing a corolla with a supra engine some years back but that was in the UK FRom what I can remember... Any others?

Wasn't a JZ series engine. It was a 3SGTE from a Celica GT4 made by Fensport in the UK.

I don't think anyone has done that in a ZZE chassis. Is there much point? In the end it's still a corolla if you know what I mean. No one is going to spent such big money for a complete custom conversion like that.

The 3s weighs a lot more than a 2zz. Unless you are aiming for a drag car the engine weight is also a factor. Not to mention you technically would need a 3s engine that is newer than your chassis for it to be legal (in QLD at least).

The ZZT Celica chassis is very similar to the ZZE chassis and even they don't stray from the 2zz.

I've kept a bare ZZE123 frontcut in my backyard specifically to make mounts for the ST215 3sgte engine in my shed. Just waiting to find a decently priced SW20 turbo box and shafts before that goes ahead.

highly unlikely that u will see anyone put the investment in to do anything of this manner.

that being said a v6 out of a camry / aurion would be nice ;)