09 Corolla After market Fog light Install

Hey guys,

I bought an after-market fog light kit to fit to my fathers 2009 corolla ascent.

I installed the lights nice and easy and while I was there I noticed that there was already wiring in place, beauty!

However I can't find where to put the relay that came with the kit.

Nor do I know what wires to tap into the hook up the beautiful switch that came with the kit.

I had a look at the fuse box under the glove box and couldn't see anything that looked useful.

TJbJZ.jpg

I had a look for a relay location behind the radio and wouldn't see anything obvious.

8DcKM.jpg

gOFW6.jpg

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Hey buddy, check out Kenneths DIY foglight install. The the relay does go in behind the air conditioning, pretty sure the part that you pulled out. However if you want yo use the switch provided in the kit, then you may need an auto-electrician. ONly becuase you need to splice off a 12 volt source. It gets messy! Can i suggest that you get an OEM stalk with the foglight switch i got mine for $115 shop arround for the best prices including other states. This is much easier, just plug and play. Again check out Kenneth's DIY guide its very helpful. If you have any problems send me a pvt messege I'll see what i can do.

Cheers

Chris

Hey buddy, check out Kenneths DIY foglight install. The the relay does go in behind the air conditioning, pretty sure the part that you pulled out. However if you want yo use the switch provided in the kit, then you may need an auto-electrician. ONly becuase you need to splice off a 12 volt source. It gets messy! Can i suggest that you get an OEM stalk with the foglight switch i got mine for $115 shop arround for the best prices including other states. This is much easier, just plug and play. Again check out Kenneth's DIY guide its very helpful. If you have any problems send me a pvt messege I'll see what i can do.

Cheers

Chris

LOL!!! ITS NOT MESSY AT ALL!!!!!!!!!! U DONT SPLICE N E THIN!!!

Cheers

Chris

Thanks for the clarification mate, umm did you get your mate to help you out? I'm unsure of the push button mod as i did the stalk.

Cheers

Chris

Thanks for the clarification mate, umm did you get your mate to help you out? I'm unsure of the push button mod as i did the stalk.

my mates now a qualified auto electrician, he showed me how to wire up the power for the switch.. it took him not EVEN 5 MINS TO DO!!! So i installed WILLS foggies.. EASY AZ!!!

So i installed WILLS foggies.. EASY AZ!!!

yep he did and my foggies have been on ever since!!!! with a push button u can say stuff like "fog lights activated" or even some thing like " photons launched"... thats why i wanted a button ahahaha!!!!