hope their are other estima or previa owners out their

ledgend

g day es 1995 try euro spares in melbourne, they should be able to set you up with a mechanic. being an estima lucinda its a diesel, probably a 3cte 2.2. alot of tarargo parts inter change, so saying it is an import gives some dealers the right to rip you of. hope this helps matey cheers B)

g day yoeman check earth connections at back of battery, check continuaty of wiring in steering column common fault for wire to strech or break. have you done a ecd test if not this is how WHITH THE IGNITION OFF BRIDGE TERMINALS E1 AND TE1 WITH A PEICE OF WIRE, ON THE DIAGNOSTIC SOCKET LOCATED UNDER PASSENGERS SEAT. TURN IGNITION TO THE ON POSITION BUT DO NOT START ENGINE COUNT THE FLASH CODES FROM THE LAMP ON THE DASH EXAMPLE 1 FLASH PAUSE 4 FLASHES WOULD BE CODE 14 HOPE THAT HELPS :yahoo:

Hi Ledgend

Have done a fairly extensive visual check of wiring/looms at steering column, no obvious problems.

Will try the Earth tomorrow.

The ECD test sounds like a plan, will do that too.

Reporting back in a few days as my girlfriend has just bought an old Triumph TR7 which I guess is going to need a bit of attention.

Cheers for your help so far.

The Earth is good.

That ECD test is very handy, came up with no faults ie. constant flashing. Did then disconnect a sensor to check the ecd test was working and it was so then reset the ECU.

Having delved more into various Electrical connection points we have found a large multi-pinned connector on the side of the gearbox, attached to a unit which we then guess is something to do with overdrive. Thats the next step; to check the connections and possibly take it off. I will refer to this unit as T11 as it is the main number on it.

It has a total of 9 wires going to it , When we remove the connector there are no lights on the dash so it is a key component.

Well my girlfriend loves the old 1981 TR7. Nice to have a convertible to play with during this limited british Summer.

Cheers

Simon

post-20087-0-58972500-1311502812_thumb.j the wiring in this area of column can give problems over time. :whistling: have you checked for power and continuity in wiring harness from the transmission back to fuse box and column assembly :idea: am a member of the teoc didnt see any add hope you get the bus sorted

Found a website for Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan and some Lexus models.

The Toyota info I found there was reliable and useful too. At least for Starters & Alternators

http://www.epc-data.com/

http://toyota.epc-data.com/estima/

http://toyota.epc-data.com/estima_emina/

http://toyota.epc-data.com/estima_lucida/

Edited by 01 VEY

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2000 MCR30W Estima. Just wondering if the towbar from an ACR30R Tarago will bolt straight up and if it has enough clearance from the body kit etc?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HI...i've jus bought a low km import - estima 4wd 1990 automatic

now i'm wanting to know all sortsa stuff;

where can get a workshop manual?....so far i've followed a few useless links.

also - haven't been able tp figure out how to move the captain seats in middle row-----like how to move seat forward so i can access and put child in child seat in back row without climbing in ... ie turning them around or moving forward back of seat

also - can anyone help with my following q's

i'm wondering if the moon roof in back should slide all the way open .....and if it don't could it be modified to do so? ...i'm really not at terms with not being able to open back windows and/or get in lots of fresh air (want to camp in it).....

also - i still hav my 1987 tarago that has a roo-bar and am wondering if i could take it off n get it put onto this one?

also - anyone know bout roof racks? ,,or at least some kind of strip that could be added onto side of roof so i could clip an annexe on?

thanks and Hi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Fran

I can't help you out to much as I only just got my first Tarago GLX 92 but I might be able to help a little

also - can anyone help with my following q's

i'm wondering if the moon roof in back should slide all the way open .....and if it don't could it be modified to do so? ...i'm really not at terms with not being able to open back windows and/or get in lots of fresh air (want to camp in it).....

also - i still hav my 1987 tarago that has a roo-bar and am wondering if i could take it off n get it put onto this one?

also - anyone know bout roof racks? ,,or at least some kind of strip that could be added onto side of roof so i could clip an annexe on?

Moon Roof: Mine opens all the way, The idiot who had the van before me didn't love her so I wouldn't think it's been mooded to make it open all the way.

might help to put some track oil on the tracks and open and close it a few times to work the oil in.

Roo-Bar: I took my bar off and put it on my dads 89 Hiace, good chance it will fit but I don't really know if it will!

Roof Racks: for your 1987 Tarago you would be looking for something like this http://www.ebay.com....=item2a1d31ad3b I would imagine!

Edited by techno

• 2 months later...

HI newbie here

I have a couple of Taragos, 86 & 91 (latter one has LPG injection).

Towed a boat up north WA last year, couldnt pull faster than 90km/h on flat, woeful on hills. makes for a long trip. Was wondering how much better the 2.2TDI (eg, an Emina) goes for towing? Could I pull said boat at 100? I'm thinking that it has more torque at 2800 RPM than the petrol 2.4L.

On that topic, there is a '94 Estima Emina for sale that looks in reasonable nick, but the owner admits it has a problem where it randomly stops, but then can be restarted OK. has not really attempted to solve, trying to quit it instead. Wont let me take my boat for a tow test, due to the random stopping problem - catch 22. so the question is, why would this 3C-TE diesel randomly stop, and then be able to be restarted? is this a typical Emina problem? Electrical? Fuel?

Thanks