My 93' Corolla from New Zealand

Full-Throttle

What a tastefully modded corolla

If only we could have more cars like this and not the crap we get of oh wow, i got a sticker, or look at my cannon

very nice

Give me a month or so...

this car is cool man :)

Thanks mate ;)

What a tastefully modded corolla

If only we could have more cars like this and not the crap we get of oh wow, i got a sticker, or look at my cannon

very nice

whitestivo

Thanks a lot! :D. I can't stand cars with canons and large ricer wings etc. Admittedly, a couple of my old cars had canons on them back when I was about 16, but over the years I've moved on from that kind of crap and now prefer my car to be subtle yet tasteful. I'm glad you like it B)

Edited by Kiwi-Corolla

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Fitted some new wheels today. Had to drive 2-hours each way to get them though. They're Advanti Photons and are 'Hyper Silver' in colour. Here's some photos (honest opinions very welcome) -

IMG_8253-resized.jpg

IMG_8258-resized1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work. Goodluck with the build.. coming alont nicely

Thanks mate. I got 35% tints installed yesterday. They're called "Night Rider" and are a lot darker than 'normal' tints, but still with 35% opacity.

Here's some latest photos (first 3 are before the tint install) -

32469774025_large.jpg

32469774026_large.jpg

32469774024_large.jpg

32469774028_large.jpg

32469774027_large.jpg

32469774030_large.jpg

32469774029_large.jpg

32469774032_large.jpg

Fitted some new wheels today. Had to drive 2-hours each way to get them though. They're Advanti Photons and are 'Hyper Silver' in colour. Here's some photos (honest opinions very welcome) -

Ahh.. so you purchased these from trademe and had to drive to tauranga? I don't feel so bad that I missed out on these now as I thought they may have been sold to someone who wouldn't have looked after them.

Ahh.. so you purchased these from trademe and had to drive to tauranga? I don't feel so bad that I missed out on these now as I thought they may have been sold to someone who wouldn't have looked after them.

Yep, that's the one :). Were you the guy who asked for the Buy Now to be put up? (member name 'ashsv'). I was going to ask him the same thing, so as soon as the buy now was up I clicked it immediately. Hopefully there's no hard feelings 143.gif. I am certainly taking good care of them (they get meticulously cleaned twice daily and I park about 2-feet from the curb 028.gif)

Here's another shot that I took today:

IMG_8777-resized.jpg

Yep, that's the one :). Were you the guy who asked for the Buy Now to be put up? (member name 'ashsv'). I was going to ask him the same thing, so as soon as the buy now was up I clicked it immediately. Hopefully there's no hard feelings 143.gif. I am certainly taking good care of them (they get meticulously cleaned twice daily and I park about 2-feet from the curb 028.gif)

Yes that was me. There are no hard feelings at all. I ended up driving down to tauranga on the sunday and buying a set of white 18" advanti fluids in perfect condition with similar tread left on the tyres. It must have been meant to be. (once we lower the car I will get some photos up)

Your car looks fantastic. It's good to appreciate the subtle and tasteful modifications you have made to your corolla.

^ Haha nice. Great minds think alike 028.gif

Yes that was me. There are no hard feelings at all. I ended up driving down to tauranga on the sunday and buying a set of white 18" advanti fluids in perfect condition with similar tread left on the tyres. It must have been meant to be. (once we lower the car I will get some photos up)

Your car looks fantastic. It's good to appreciate the subtle and tasteful modifications you have made to your corolla.

Excellent to hear mate. I'm glad that it all worked out well in the end. My Dad's got some Advanti Fluids on his car, although they're only 16". Very nice looking wheels, and quite similar to the Photons. Looking forward to seeing some pics cool31.gif. Thanks for the compliment by the way. I appreciate it. If you ever see me driving around Auckland give me a toot fing32.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Very nice photos - what a really nice clean Corolla, loving the rims! :D And that is the best graffiti wall mural I think I have ever seen, pretty cool backdrop B) (not to mention the mad reflections you're getting on the rear end there!)

• 10 months later...

Wow, it has been such a long time since I've updated this thread! Thanks for the comment Tash. Unfortunately I didn't realise I had another comment so I apologise for waiting almost a year to reply :lol:

The car has gone through a number of changes since my last update. It's now sporting an FX-GT front bumper with custom fitted lip and has a lot more optional extras installed.

Here's a fully updated list of mods and photos:

Engine:

* Replaced engine with 60,000km 5A-FE 16v DOHC.

* Full 2" exhaust with Dynomax muffler and 2x resonators.

* Custom 3" cold air intake (CAI) with Simota pod filter.

* Header and front pipe (4-2-1).

* Removed the catalytic converter.

* TRD spark plug leads.

* Painted valve cover red.

* Chrome Simota oil cap.

* Oil catch can.

Exterior:

* OEM AE101 FX-GT front bumper & aftermarket lip.

* Genuine OEM Koito Toyota BZ Touring headlights.

* BMW M3 trunk lip spoiler.

* Aftermarket fibreglass sideskirts.

* 35% "Night Rider" window tint.

* 17" Advanti Photon alloy wheels (Hyper Silver).

* Rolled rear guards.

* Rear bumper lip painted.

* 'SE Limited' and 'Toyota' badges removed.

Interior:

* Toyota Corolla AE101 GT seats + folding rear seat conversion.

* Reupholstered door cards with OEM Corolla GT fabric.

* AE101 FX-GT SuperStrut Momo leather steering wheel.

* OEM Lexus IS200 aluminium foot pedals.

* TRD leather shift knob.

* Leather gear shift boot.

* Rare OEM factory option Multi-Box.

* Ultra-rare OEM factory option 'Air Fantasy' fragrance control system.

* Rare OEM factory roof-mounted option Air Purifier unit.

* Rare OEM factory rear-mounted option Air Purifier unit.

* Rare OEM factory option cabin filter.

* Rare OEM factory option motorised driver's seat rail.

* Rare OEM factory option key light.

* Rare OEM factory option floor lights.

* Rare OEM factory option velour extended armrest.

* Rare OEM factory option Burger Tray.

* Rare OEM factory option Clean Box.

* Rare OEM factory option felt-lined ashtray coin holder/storage compartment.

* Rare OEM factory option under-seat storage tray.

Brakes/Suspension:

* Lowered on Jamex springs.

* TRD 3-point strut brace.

* Monroe GT Reflex gas shocks.

* Resurfaced front disc brakes.

* Bendix brake pads.

Audio:

* Sony Xplod USB head-unit.

* Sony Xplod 6.5" 4-way front speakers (75w RMS each).

* 6.5" 3-way rear speakers (95w RMS each).

* Sony Xplod 4-channel 444w amp.

32469774197_original.jpg

IMG_3084_5_6-resized.jpg

IMG_3090_1_2-resized3.jpg

32469774133_large.jpg

32469774130_large.jpg

32469774131_large.jpg

32469774135_large.jpg

IMG_1928-resized1.jpg

IMG_1912-resized.jpg

IMG_1921-resized.jpg

• Like 1

I love your Corolla. It makes me want my AE102 back. Very tasteful mods and I love the custom Corolla stickers in the engine bay :P Wish it was in this country so I could enjoy it in person!

Peace

Thanks guys!!! ^_^

We've had a lot of rain here lately (and it's meant to be summer, lol), but the sun finally arrived today so I decided to make the most of it and snap a few pics of the Corolla:

IMG_4928_29_30-resized4.jpg

IMG_4904_5_6-resized.jpg

IMG_4956_7_8-resized.jpg

• 1 month later...