Body kits

Sweetie Shan

hey i have a 91 toyota paseo, which i love :), but i really wanna get wings style spoiler and or a body kit for it, but having a lot finding them any help would be great! also i want to know where you can get new head lights... mine had a run in with a poll... all good but a smashed light any help on that would be good as well because most places have never heard of the paseo let alone stock the parts...

hey i have a 91 toyota paseo, which i love smile.gif, but i really wanna get wings style spoiler and or a body kit for it, but having a lot finding them any help would be great! also i want to know where you can get new head lights... mine had a run in with a poll... all good but a smashed light any help on that would be good as well because most places have never heard of the paseo let alone stock the parts...

thanks smile.gif

As for the lights , call http://www.sssauto.com.au/index.htm ..

Depending on which state you are in just select that off the web for the tel number.

For the bodykit , visit

http://www.carmate.com/display_products.php?id=495

I do not suggest using Carmate as i didnt have a good experience with them but if you are struggling to find ppll who have the kit then they do..

Paseos are a great car , power windows , power mirrors , good seats and very light which gives it a great power to weight ratio.The body kit will cost you minimum $1000 .. It will look great but eventually you will be needing a bigger car and will be selling it for a loss.. take it from a previous owner.

Life span of you being the owner of that car wont be more than 3-4 years..I could be wrong all together..

But you are right , many dont know what a PASEO is .... They have never heard of it till you mention it ..laugh.gif

As soon as I hear the words "Body Kits" or anything to do with this, one and only one word comes into my head

"No!"

Their pretty useless if you're only going to be driving your car around the streets, I constantly see bad Rice (Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements) ruin perfectly good cars, and it annoys me soooo much

If your going to do it, please keep it tasteful. Body kits to me, mean massive spoilers, weak and brittle bumpers, and useless weight your car can do without.

But with that said, please keep in mind that most kits are made from fibre glass which breaks quite easily, you'll have trouble getting into driveways only because you front is too low, and everytime you hear your car scrape the gutter you'll be out checking for damage, and yes, it does break

It'll look good at first, but you keep scraping them gutters and you'll wish you never got it installed.

But at the end of the day, its your car and its your choice to make, I'm only speaking from a past experience

Corolla Sportivo has a bodykit... Camry Sportivo has a bodykit... Aurion Sportivo has a bodykit... (just to name a few)

Generalising much?

The cheaper alternatives are made from fibreglass but if your going to modify a car then do it properly, pay that bit extra for the quality. Shop around and don't go over the top.

Paseo's are great little cars, they dont really need a bodykit in my opinion. Put a nice set of wheels (not chromies), lower it a bit, put a nice exhaust on it (not cannon) and you'll be turning heads for the right reasons rather than for laughs. But it is your car and most people can make something look really good if they put the time and effort in, if you've got a plan then go for it.

I did, and I wouldn't go back!

• 5 months later...