Aurion Wheels / Rims / Tyres / Tires Specification Thread

DJKOR

Also!

Judging by my initial measurements, using 1010tires and by reading other members setups, I believe the following rim sizes should fit on my aurion. ALTHOUGH I am open to being corrected.

Front: 18x8.5 +35

Rear: 18x9.5 +35

I'm still trying to get my head around wheel dimensions

Cheers.

Karl

18x8.5 +35 will be fine. I am running 19x8.5 +28 as shown above.

18x9.5 +35 I think you will have start having problems. I know that Whitezr6 has a few mm's between the rim and coils on his above setup (you might also have to get coilovers). The extra 7mm in offset will get you a bit more space here but could push the rim too far towards the guard. I would imagine that you would want to roll the guards and hopefully not but possibly flare the wheel arch.

9.5 is unknown territory for me, try PM Whitezr6.

Make sure that Territory rims have the same bolt pattern, Camry/Aurion is 5/114.3.

• Like 1

18x8.5 +35 will be fine. I am running 19x8.5 +28 as shown above.

18x9.5 +35 I think you will have start having problems. I know that Whitezr6 has a few mm's between the rim and coils on his above setup (you might also have to get coilovers). The extra 7mm in offset will get you a bit more space here but could push the rim too far towards the guard. I would imagine that you would want to roll the guards and hopefully not but possibly flare the wheel arch.

9.5 is unknown territory for me, try PM Whitezr6.

Make sure that Territory rims have the same bolt pattern, Camry/Aurion is 5/114.3.

Thanks mate. Damn my calculations!

I might have to keep the rears the same as the front (8.5") to avoid any issues. Last thing I want to do is start fiddling with the guards

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=235&aspect=35&diameter=19&wheelwidth=9.5&offset=42&width2=235&aspect2=40&diameter2=18&wheelwidth2=9.5&offset2=35&Submit=Submit

I have at least 2mm between coil-over and rim, tyres are mildly stretched so they curve in and don't rub on any suspension components.

If you really really want that setup, you need to do a test fitment with similar rim specs w/ a tyre installed as well .

I was advised against fitting the rims, so I did a test fitment rim+tyre at bob jane, and they fitted, now on the car no problems :)

As S*****wok mentioned, you may need to roll guards

If they stick out (most likely, mine are flush to the guards) you may have room to camber

goodluck

Juan.

Edit: remember: test fitment, it will help alot :)

Edited by whitezr6
  • Like 1

If you are going for 9.5 wide, have a look for wheels with an offset around 30

If stock height you won't have problems.

It lowered there are several problems.

I believe Luke (defyant) is running 20x9 or 9.5 , his had his guards rolled and looks great

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone for your input!

I headed to Ozzy to test fit 18x8.75 +35, forgot the tyre specs. Stock struts and springs.

Front was pretty flush - if not poking out a few mm.

Rears appeared to have plenty of room to play with.

Obviously this doesn't take into account what would happen if I were to change the springs.

Thanks to everyone for your input!

I headed to Ozzy to test fit 18x8.75 +35, forgot the tyre specs. Stock struts and springs.

Front was pretty flush - if not poking out a few mm.

Rears appeared to have plenty of room to play with.

Obviously this doesn't take into account what would happen if I were to change the springs.

Good stuff :)

Sticking with 18x8.75? no 18x9.5?

Just with the mentioned wheel and tyre shop, my experience was; bad after sale customer service, girls were great, but when passed onto the opposite sex, rude is what you will get. if you are going to purchase from them just make sure all aspects of the transaction is very clear, so you get what you want. might be different in the ACT though.

Yep definitely need to take into account if you wish to lower, on that note lowering the car will make it even nicer

Goodluck

Juan.

• 2 months later...

UPDATE TO MY POST ABOVE:

Everything has settled, approx 85mm off ground at front, rear seems a little higher

Scrubbing on front plastic guards (outside edge where the plastic bulges towards the wheel a bit), doing some hard cornering the other night I wore a hole through the drivers side, and found there is a small metal fitting inside.

Rears are good, only slight scrubbing with 3 in back but must corner very gently to avoid any scrubbing.

Does anyone know what this front metal fitting is for? Have a feeling it is a connection for the side of the front bumper.

Looking into getting guards rolled and also this metal fitting bent and remodel the plastic to sit flat like the rst of the guard, any other suggestions?

Alex

Edited by shittywok

I used a bit of black gaff tape to cover where i wore through on the plastic. Looks neat now and stops water/other crap getting in through the hole. Not sure about the metal fitting but I'd assume you're correct with it being a bumper fixture.

BTW how hard did you set those BCs? Guessing max if you're still running that ride height from the pic above! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I used a bit of black gaff tape to cover where i wore through on the plastic. Looks neat now and stops water/other crap getting in through the hole. Not sure about the metal fitting but I'd assume you're correct with it being a bumper fixture.

BTW how hard did you set those BCs? Guessing max if you're still running that ride height from the pic above! :)

Thanks man, the tape does it's job nicely, until the proper fix that is.

Fronts are: 12 from hardest, Rears: 15 from hardest, so medium...pretty sure it's the big bumps that were causing the scrubbing, but of course the few bouts of hard conering did most the damage ahha.

• 6 months later...

Thanks man, the tape does it's job nicely, until the proper fix that is.

Fronts are: 12 from hardest, Rears: 15 from hardest, so medium...pretty sure it's the big bumps that were causing the scrubbing, but of course the few bouts of hard conering did most the damage ahha.

nice work alex i just got a set of coil over myself and not sure what height to make my car i want it low but also not have too many problems with scraping

how high are you sitting from the ground the front and rear of the car?

im in the tyre industry so i change my mind about wheels eveytime a new one comes out, so he is a few of my trial's

trial fit 1

Wheel Brand/Design: dynamic wheels
Wheel size: 17"
Wheel width: 9"
Wheel offset: 0
Tire size: these rims had 222/55/17 but they look stupid on a 9" rim
Suspension type: stock
Feedback: too much poke but these rims do come in a pos 30 and will fit nice but the tyres will look funny.

trial fit 2

Wheel Brand/Design: kraze (or something like that from japan
Wheel size:17"
Wheel width:9
Wheel offset: 25
Tire size: trial fit
Suspension type: stock
Feedback: still a touch too much poke on the front but perfect fitment on the *****. with still 25mm plus clearance

between the rim and strut on the back and 30mm plus on the front.

I've used both trial fits to see how wide i can go all round and to work out the right offset, and ive settled on CE28 copies made by SSW (not really a copy as SSW own a part or rays and they are made in the some mould using the same materials and process)in a 18X9.5 with a pos 38 offset all round.

post-35728-0-31603100-1402750683_thumb.j

post-35728-0-78791200-1402750752_thumb.j

post-35728-0-73590900-1402750845_thumb.j

post-35728-0-99323800-1402750945_thumb.j

post-35728-0-45633200-1402751043_thumb.j

Ok so i've had 2 sets of wheels on my car (the ones that came with it "first set") and the ones i have put on the car now.

first set

Wheel Brand/Design: Avanti racing

Wheel size: 17

Wheel width: 8

Wheel offset: +20

Tire size: 225/50r17

Suspension type: had them with stock and with BC coils

Feedback: no problems with them at all, sat pretty well on the car and no scrubbing.

DSC_4133.jpg

second set

Wheel Brand/Design: Koya ISR5

Wheel size: 19

Wheel width: 9.5

Wheel offset: +38 front and +32 rear

Tire size: 245/35R19

Suspension type: BC coils

Feedback: - front bit of poke, just to my liking. no scubbing
-Rear perfect fit, scubbing hard out at the moment, going to have to roll the cars and maybe bring the rear up a bit.

DSC_4139.jpg

-Robert

Edited by robertzx6
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wheel Brand/Design: SSW
Wheel size: 18

Wheel width: 9.5

Wheel offset: pos 38

Tire size: 245/40/18

Suspension type: stock as a rock

post-35728-0-60668700-1406355095_thumb.j

post-35728-0-17853600-1406355110_thumb.j

post-35728-0-78237200-1406355126_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

Wheel Brand/Design: Volk TE37 Replica
Wheel size: 19"
Wheel width: 8.5"
Wheel offset: 35
Tire size: 245/40/19
Suspension type: Stock
Feedback: little bouncier than stock (expected for 19"s) no rubbing since at stock height.

post-34984-0-90342800-1407805752_thumb.jpost-34984-0-62383200-1407805836_thumb.jpost-34984-0-63763900-1407805765_thumb.jpost-34984-0-33358100-1407805800_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hey RAWG

How have you found the set up looking at the same set up . Are you happy with it ?
Wheel width: 8.5"
Wheel offset: 35
Tire size: 245/40/19
Suspension type: Stock
Feedback: little bouncier than stock (expected for 19"s) no rubbing since at stock height.

• 4 weeks later...

Wheel Brand/Design: Ford FPV agent

Wheel size: 19"

Wheel width: 8"

Wheel offset: Front 36.5, Rear 28.5

Tire size: 225/35/19

Suspension type: Front super low king springs, Rear ultra low king springs

Feedback: Rubs a little when we have three people in the back.

post-14194-0-71327500-1416722497_thumb.j

Edited by 1badkiwi

1badkiwi did you have to use spacers to get those wheels on man i wish ford wheels fit on the aurion before i purchased my 19s they look fantastic they look like the 19 inch version of the orginal aurion sportivos

Thanks toy3.5, no spacers were used for fitting. Toyota and Ford are the same pattern and the staggered off set of the FPV alloys is perfect. Would like to run 235/40/19 when we buy new tyres next and roll the guards to suit.

Edited by 1badkiwi

My setup

Wheels - Zumbo Kuverup 20" x 8.5 +38 offset, 225/30/20 tyres

Suspension - Pedders Sports Ryder springs, ride comfort and handling has improved over stock which was a big suprise, no rubbing at all, could be a bit more lower but i guess the springs need abit of time to settle.

No issues so far.............

I've got. Peddles on mine but was thinking of getting 20s. Pedders sit slightly higher on the aurions. Has anyone have pEdders/20s setup here?

And for those with 20s that are scraping at big bumpbs, is it scraping from the front or back or both?