Kluger Grande Ipod Compatability

HI,

This topic has probably been discussed, but I couldn't find it with a search.

On the Toyota website it clearly states that "Mp3 fans can... go via bluetooth on the KX-S and Grande." To me, as an Ipod is an MP3 player, and if the ipod has bluetooth installed, the ipod should be able to be played on the audio system.

I have contacted Toyota Australia and my dealer, and no-one can quite explain this.

Does anyone know if this can be done, or how have others overcome the lack of ipod connectivity on the Grande.

Thanks

Rory

Edited by rory

In addition to this I would like to advise that I have purchased a system from Ivan Brown Auto Electrical at Kingswood NSW.( (02) 4736 4752 ) They are next to Penrith Toyota and I was referred to them by the dealer.

The system has my I Phone or I Pod connected to the audio system and displays on the screen as "Changer 2" (the Disc menu displays as "Changer 1".) Use the disc button to scroll between 1 and 2.

It works well with the ability to changed tracks via steering wheel controls. Whatever is being played pauses when the motor is switched off and restarts at the same place when the motor is started. This happens even when the phone is removed and taken away. If a call comes in on the phone, the system pauses and restarts just like when a disc is being played. It also fully integrates with the GPS system.

For $350 installed, I am totally happy and cannot understand why Toyota couldn't have used this technology right from the introduction of this model.

Cheers

Alan

in what way isn't it working?because according to my audio system which is similar to the sat nav type, the ipod should pair up with the system once you press something like pair-up mp3 player or something like that and then enter a passkey.