Tyres Recommendation Aurion ZR6 ?

ezat

Hey All,

This might be a generic question.. Its time to replace my tyres on the aurion and am looking to get some info on which tyres to buy.

I was pretty happy with the michellens 215/55/R17 but would like to know what my options are. For example different sizes based on performances etc. I have a family and regularly drive up and down wollongong nsw. My concern would be more safety than taking corners quicker than one would :)

Many Thanks

Ezat

if you want to stick with the stock size, than the michelin PRIMACY LC would be a good option, as it's a much quieter tyre than the michelin mxv8 that i assume you currently have on your aurion. otherwise there are the sp sport from dunlop, which i hear is quite noisy, or there's a type from Goodyear which i can't remember its model name, and finally theres 1 or 2 types offered by yokohama(c-drive and s-drive i think) which offers great performance. all of these tyres are available in the same size as your current tyres. personally, i would go for either the michelins or yokohamas for there performance.

thanks for the replies. I have seen a few posts about different sizes. for example, 225 insted of 215.. does it make a difference? I am presuming 225 is the width?

Yes the first number is the width of the tyre. You can either go with 215/55R17 or 225/55R17 with the later the better one giving you more contact area and makes the speedo more accurate. The only probably is that it will cost more than the 215 but i'm not sure but how much.

Yes the first number is the width of the tyre. You can either go with 215/55R17 or 225/55R17 with the later the better one giving you more contact area and makes the speedo more accurate. The only probably is that it will cost more than the 215 but i'm not sure but how much.

Actually to make a correction here, if you originally had 215/55R17 as is stock on the Sportivo, then if you step the width up to 225, you will need to get a '50' profile tire to keep your rolling diameter as close to original. So the tire size is actually 225/50R17. Depending on the tire you get, changing tire sizes like that can result in an increase of around $50-$100 or so per tire.

Also as well, people always tend to think that just because you are putting wider tires on (typically with the same width wheel), you are instantly increasing your contact area and therefore grip. In actual fact, this isn't necessarily the case. Because your contact patch comes also comes down to the amount of weight on each wheel, by getting wider wires, you may increase you contact patch side to side, but because the weight has remained the same, you can end up with a reduction in contact patch from front to rear.

Hello all,

I just got fitted 4 new Michelin PRIMACY LC on my Aurion ZR6.

They are sweet!

The ride is smooth and the tyres have a excellent tread pattern.

I like to think of myself as a good negotiator.

TIP: Don't pay anymore than $194.00 each fitted/balance etc.

That was the best price I could get.

Also until 31st October Michelin are giving away brand new Canon IXUS105 when you purchase 4 new tires.

So I got 4 new tire and a free camera.... Sounded like a good deal to me.

Cheers.... GLiP

Edited by Glen