ATT: After Market Wheel owners

Danthuyer

Guys,

As wheels are one of the 'main' asthetic' enhancements that us as car owners are to do to our cars. I thought it would be nice for existing buyers and new buyers alike to post a few pics/links to wheels that they have on their ride or are planning on getting.

I think it would be good so that we can all see what colours/styles go well with the Stivo or not.

Now please dont flame...because everyone has different tastes. and something someone else likesmay not be to you particular liking.

ATT: Danz + Influx - I really like your rims could you both let me know what you run ???

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, it is one of the enhancements that we Stivo drivers love, and after having done some research and with the help of various helpful guys from this forum, I've decided that I like the following 2 rims

ROH Fury in black chrome

roh_fury.jpg

and the Buddy Club P1s in white (er...expensive of course)

1075929731765_1073960346773_WC_P1WHT_BCk.jpg

I can't decide if white or titanium will go better with my white Stivo.

if you like buddy club p1 racing wheel you might also like g.max m126. the style is 95% identical. i see a lot of civics on the road with this style of wheel in white finish.

g.max origin is taiwan and they oem for major brands like 5zigen and tom's. the structure and finish quality is great. unfortunately most of their wheels are 5 holes and only a couple are 4 holes for corolla.

i like the style of roh fury and i see a lot of commodores with this wheel. i believe it looks best with 5 holes as each hole is center in each spoke unlike 4 holes which is off-center. the centre caps of current roh wheels are nice.

in melbourne i have seen just one white corolla hatch with roh fury 17" in shadow chrome. this hatch is lowered and has 205-40-17 tyres.

roh adrenalin also goes well with corolla hatch. i think these wheels must be seen in person and on a hatch.

dominator-s.jpg

Im getting this CSA wheel in chrome, and 17' of course...

Il post a pic of my car when ive got them on sometime during early April

Looks kinda like the stock Sportivo rims, don't you think?

dominator-s.jpg

Im getting this CSA wheel in chrome, and 17' of course...

Il post a pic of my car when ive got them on sometime during early April

Looks kinda like the stock Sportivo rims, don't you think?

I have an ascent so im sorta going for a sportivo look, but the wheels will be chrome... so a little bit different :)

i think 205/40/17 are a bit smaller in overall diameter than original rims, i think 205/45/17 are more the correct size for the car.

yes for stivo, but for standard corollas built pre-april 03 205-40-17 is the right size.

for stivo i like to see 215-40-17. more tyre touching the road gives more grip and smaller profile looks great. the difference in speedo reading from 205-45-17 is very marginal.

fensport uk runx 4wd turbo uses 205-45-17 on road but 215-45-17 on track.

i frequently find japan runx with aftermarket wheels have 215-40-17.

for usa corolla 03 i find a lot of 225 to 235 mostly on 17" and a lot on 18".

Hey guys,

Me and a friend (drives a 200sx) are going wheel shopping on Sat, any suggestions on which places we should go to? Well, places in Melbourne at least. May also be fitting Tein springs onto the car as well.

Btw, is it custom to get a fifth wheel for your spare or do you guys leave the stock one as a spare in the boot?

it is rare to find upsized aftermarket wheels as spare for street cars. for show cars they often match the spare wheel to the others that are on the car because they are show cars.

given your location i suggest you go to factory direct in thomastown, 45 wood st. because they have many real samples.

http://www.factorydirecttyres.com.au/

i like donnellans at box hill but this is far for you.

http://www.donnellans.com.au/

the only problem with shopping on saturdays is that most if not all vendors (for example roh) are closed so delivery lead time and special questions would be answered on monday.

e-gene you can purchase g.max from ttf (the tyre factory) or donnellans (i think). perhaps you should phone them to be sure.

you can also purchase g.max from ensign (cnr ferntree gully and springvale rds) but only 2 styles in their shop will fit your car. they have very very little samples.

i like visit shops with many real samples (more choices) for first-hand assessment.

Guys There are some brand new wheels coming out of Australia called RJR (Rodney Jane Racing) the Son of Bob Jane from Bob Jane Tmarts. He has a really good selection of wheels and they are moderatly priced. You should go check them out !!!

I'm going in Monday to look at the RJR Action which are a 5 spoke gold rim ...look similar to the TRD rims. ill see if i can get a photo for you guys ;)

Okie dokie,

After doing all that research both online and offline. I've decided to go for the G.Max wheels (upon Orrock's suggestion) M-126 17x7 Gunmetal with Turanza tyres 215/40/17.

Realised that I had a friend who could get them at a good price for me so I'm going ahead with it.

Will post up some photos when I finally get them on.

Anyone here wants an almost brand new set of 4 stock Stivo wheels? They've only done just over 700kms. :rolleyes:

e-gene i am pleased to hear that you took your time and i think you will be very happy with these wheels. i am also pleased to hear that you have decided on the gun metal finish over white finish. gun metal finish often looks clean for a longer time which saves you effort in cleaning them.

i look forward to seeing your car with its new wheels. it will probably look funny until you lower your car as most cars do when its stock wheels have been upsized in height by just 1 inch.