ATT: After Market Wheel owners

Danthuyer

Guys, after much searching and debating I have finally made up my mind on which wheels i am getting :)

Holotype-R.jpg

I found it very difficult to find a racing 5 spoke (forged or not) a got a few 6 spokes but......errr i wanted 5 spoke.

Anyway now that I have finally selected my rolling stock I now am looking at the rubber....im thinking yokohama....

I'll post the finished product asap.

Cheers :D

Danthuyer

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i find the finish on speedy holotype-r poor and i dislike the embossed name. there are several 5 spoke wheels that you can purchase (from other brands) but if you are happy with holotype-r go for them. holotype-r are on special. this is from the distributor so the dealer should pass on the saving to you. i believe holotype-r are from malaysia.

Danthuyer, i hope they are 4 stud you have ordered-the picture of the rim you posted is a 5 holer :lol: What size and how much? I'm thinking of dropping back down from 17's to 16's with a 205/50/16 tyre. I am after a bit more comfort.

Rollin - thx for your concern mate....and yes i did order the 4 stud ;) alot of web sites post 5 stud as they are the most common sellers :D

Speedy HoloType-R = $220 / rim (17")

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D2 = $170 / tyre (215/45)

Orrock - I had a look at alot of wheels....and my mate also searched high and low for what he could get for me. I quite like the finish on the speedy, as it is a pale finish not a clean or polished chrome look. (but each to their own hey!? ;) )

danthuyer try to haggle for less because the distributor's special begins at $190.00 per wheel for holotype-r in the size you want. have you tried goodyear f1s before? people have told me they are road noisy. these people typically use falkens.

i quite like the look of them. i seen them on quite a few cars already. they always look like a light coloured metal. suits the white car!

F1GSD3s are fairly noisy, i find that they howl a bit at freeway speeds. but it never used to bother me. GSD2s are almost just as good better value. personally, i would have gone with the GSD3 but they didn't have stock back then.

in a picture the holotype-r looks good and dealers say it is a copy of euro khan wheels. i used to like it but when i saw a real sample i thought the finish was cheaply coated. perhaps i saw a wheel from a bad batch. nevertheless the embossed "holotype r" put me off.

does any one stick to the correct tyre index/rating for current corollas when they start using 17" wheels?

illuminati: So, you're saying that WIDE BODY styles and large arches to fit 21"+ wheels are a pathetic design? Look at the new Focus, look how HUGE their arches are...

tisk...tisk... <_<

-Chris

ok, put 21 inch wheels on the stivo and c how quik it goes.

get my point? they make the arches too big for the size of the wheels u need to get optimum performance.

if it where a show car then make the arches big so u can put big wheels, but this is a car im buying for performance, so i cant afford to loose power by filling the arches with 21 inch metal. (the car will never reach 100km/h)

:o

for 21 x 8 inch wheels you would use tyres 225-30-21

your speedo would be very wrong 8.7% too slow.

with these new wheels the diameter against stock is increased by 53 mm. the wheel gap will still be huge.

who has the answer as to why current corollas have monster wheel gaps?

Manufacturers don't make cars to suit just ONE type of buyer, eg: illuminati.

They make there cars to sell them, thus they try and cater for all types buyers.

thus, this would allow buyers to put large diameter rims.

You're after a car that's all about performance are you? If so, don't buy the sportivo. You won't get your money back because it doesn't meet your expectations. If you want a car that's all about performance and nothing else, go and buy a Ferrari or Lamborghini. Do YOU get MY point?

The sportivo is basically a normal corolla with a celica engine in it. You have to realise the limits. It's 5 door hatch! Not a 2 door coupe!

Wake up to yourself and realise what the sportivo really is. Performance/sports car....no....hot hatch....pretty much...and that's about as far as it gets.

the arches in the stivo r HUGE. bast4rds cant design sh!t. they should take a hint from european designers and make the arches smaller.

They can design...it's the end user who just needs a good dose of 'harden up'.

If you don't like it, then don't go near it. at the moment, all you're doing is ...

"i don't like it..but i'm going to go near it anyways.."

<_<

-Chris

it is easy to see that manufacturers build different cars for different buyers. people have different likes and dislikes therefore there are different models, grades and options.

not many people have $$$ to purchase top end luxury sports cars.

the corolla sportivo does not have a celica engine. the sportivo has a 2ZZ engine! old celicas had standard engines so they only looked sporty. there is nothing special with celica engines.

the only thing to do to reduce the wheel gap is to lower the car.

xTiGeRx: ok man, u can chug along with a 15 sec 0-100 while i fly past u.

They can design...it's the end user who just needs a good dose of 'harden up'

u say this now, but last week u said this

brakes....

selector cable rattle...

tapping under car.....

ticking..and when pedal pressed..goes away..

got them all.

and...i can't rev to 8200rpm.

hypocrite

the rolla looks like a roller skate and nothing u can say will change this.

i dont kno what ur prob is but i think its cos ur rolla is already banged up and its brand new.

Hey guys,

You've all got to CHILL OUT! Remember how we said that there's no better car or lousier car here. Everyone's got their own preferences and we do not need to diss each other opinions. We can advise on what we feel can be improved on the Rolla, but let's not diss the designers, or worse of all, the drivers.

To each his own ok? :D

Everyone here needs to take a chill pill.

• 5 months later...