arc's ZRE Levin SX

arc

Picked up a reverse camera today so will get started on that this afternoon. Heres some pics.

394078400.jpg

394078401.jpg

Edited by arc

When you get the reverse camera installed would you be able to let me know how you get the wires to the hatch door.

Thanks.

I had already finished the camera by the time i saw your post otherwise i would have taken photos. I used the factory loom that goes from body into hatch. Ill post some pics tomorrow.

• 4 months later...

Been a few months since my last update, been busy with a few other things that have popped up and work commitments so hasnt given me much time on the forums and not going to the Bris meets on Thursday night. Ill pickup where I left off with the finished camera pics.

396709453.jpg

396709452.jpg

Havn't really done much else to the car sub box is still a work in progress hoping to get back to it tomorrow. 1 thing i have done is replace the interior light with a 48 led panel found on Ebay and while I was on the light upgrade I orderd Halogen 4500K Light Bulbs so will be pure white they should be turning up on tuesday. Also another thing i did about 2 weeks ago was use some relays to get my mirrors to fold in when car is armed and fold out when car is disarmed I've attached a small video below.

Edited by arc

Facelift zre's have a button near the mirror direction pad that makes them fold in and out, I just used to relays hooked them up to trigger with arm and disarm on the alarm so just cost me $10 to do that :yahoo:

Thanks for the comments fellas, 4500k Bulbs turned up Wednesday arvo so i nice white colour while driving at night now just waiting on some t10 bulbs for parkers and number plate lights and i'll get some photos up. In the mean time I've had a few members send pm's asking if I can take some photos when i start the front speaker install. So Just a few quick snaps.

396837374.jpg

396837372.jpg

396837366.jpg

396837369.jpg

The speakers I'm using are Image Dynamics XS65 I havent mounted the woofers yet just running the factory woofers until I make up some spacers.

Another small update getting motivated enough to finish the subbox.

396920088.jpg

Thanks for comment pezzie, Doors are fine but i will get back to you saturday when the amp goes in on saturday.

Got this Bad boy last night to go under the seat. Its a genisis profile five.

396947966.jpg

All in and working now just needs a good tune.

396953002.jpg

396952995.jpg

Amp mounted under drivers seat. Cool thing about the amp is the fan in the middle where the mesh is has blue leds so that lights up blue and I will be adding some blue leds under the seat so should really light the chrome up.

396952986.jpg

Sub box now has carpet.

396983613.jpg

396983621.jpg

Just need to make the perspex grill now and that will be done.

Sub box has velcro strips on back and has a 4 wire plug, just pull and unplug.

SICKKKKKK!!! Definitely digging the audio setup man! Awesome work.

Oh and not to mention the folding windows when you arm/disarm the security system. I wish mine would open/close automatically - I sometimes forget to unfold mine when I get in my car LOL.

Thanks for the comments fellas. Just a few more photos of the amp install have mounted some of the left over led stripping from the sub box under the seat to give it some glow hooked up to interior light circuit so is only on when doors are open.

396998419.jpg

396998412.jpg

396998428.jpg

So my next plan is on the opposite side of the sub box is to make a mould of that trim and where the jack is tucked away behind make an enclosure type for a fire extinguisher to mount to have leds in there and have the mould sitting over that with a cut out for access to fire extinguisher. Why a fire extinguisher some of you may know of MEASQ its a car audio competition in QLD,NSW and Vic and one of the rules is must have a fire extinguisher.

Edited by arc

• 2 months later...

lol I was thinking about it, but didn't think it'd do much to a black car.. but now i'm thinking of getting it and painting it dark gray.

btw, @arc: how much did you get the garnish for? :)

oh my god, u got the Modellista front grill...Jealous. Price is the thing that set me away

Second, is your reverse camera hard to install, I am so lazy to put my one on...have to do soldering..

My soldering skills are very bad...

If you are in NSW, definitely want to see your hot car

Edited by ben yip
  • Like 1