7th gen body kit

merc92

Hey guys, new to the forum. Just wondering if anyone knows where you can get a trd kit and how much it might cost (in NSW). Also, would you have to get it sprayed and fitted on top of purchasing the kit? And if anyone has photos of their own, I'd love to see them. Cheers

I read somewhere it was discontinued, is that true? Can you give me an approximate, $3k? $4k? Or are there replicas out there that are a bit cheaper but look similar? (I'm a poor uni student ahaha) I've been looking around and from what I gather people generally agree that carmate is a bad choice, why?

I cant give you an accurate price but people avoid carmate because the stuff they pump out is generally of crap quality. If you go with a replica kit and not aftermarket, add fitment cost, cause theres a pretty good chance it'll need modifying to fit flush.

Hit up http://www.amayama.co.jp/ and see if they can get a kit for you direct from Japan, even with shipping it'll prolly be less then getting it locally.

• 4 weeks later...

They're most certainly correct the kit has been discontinued. I managed to get the last (apparently) Sideskirts and rear valance from Toyota themselves after they found them in a dealer in WA. The shipped them literally across the country for no extra :) Now comes the sad part, I have all but the TRD front, and the only way to get it is a fibreglass replica :( Getting a kit put on up here is about 1500 - 2000, but it obviously differs place to place. Depending on the condition of your paintwork when you collect the pieces a full respray isn't all *that* much more, especially if you do some disassembly yourself. Good luck on the hunt!

EDIT - Sorry I forgot to add the price of the original parts. Bonnet spoiler set me back about 340, Side skirts about 280 each, Rear valance about 320. Not cheap, but not as nasty as I expected.

Edited by TsvCelica

Are there any other sites that offer replicas? I'm not too sure about navigating that site since I don't know much about the different codes. Does anybody know what kind of lip this is?

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/9444/61758156408834386458100.jpg

And sorry about all the questions, I'm new to it all.

this kit here is the APR GT300 wide body kit.