Toyota Kluger Price Thread

Happs

Hi,

There seems to be a lot of discrepancy between dealer pricing on the new face-lifted Kluger so I thought it might be useful for buyers to share their experiences and prices to help others understand what price points are possible.

For example, on CarSales there are drive away prices for a brand new Kluger AWD Grande ranging between $61,990-$78,990! What discounts are reasonable to expect?

Feel free to share as much or as little as you'd like, model, options trade-ins etc. related to pricing your new Kluger.

Happs.

Edited by Happs

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking at picking up the new (face lifted) KX-S AWD or the Grande AWD depending on price.

I'll add Sat Nav to the KX-S, and to either I would add a nudge bar, tow ball and side rails.

Happy to post what I go for and the price when confirmed.

Got my KX-S today! Woo! :)

Just showed the cheese and kisses around it. Her comment.

"It's big!"

Congrats!!! (great comment from the better half too!)

So c'mon, what's the stats (colour, options etc)? How is the drive?

Were you driving the old Kluger previously or is this a complete departure from what you usually drive?

I'm going to be coming from a Mazda 3 (just a bit of a change!!).

Edited by Happs

Got my KX-S today! Woo! :)

Just showed the cheese and kisses around it. Her comment.

"It's big!"

Congrats!!! (great comment from the better half too!)

So c'mon, what's the stats (colour, options etc)? How is the drive?

Were you driving the old Kluger previously or is this a complete departure from what you usually drive?

I'm going to be coming from a Mazda 3 (just a bit of a change!!).

Graphite KX-S with towbar and front+rear sensors, mats, cargo mat, headlight and bonnet protectors (not that exciting eh?)

Drive so far has been from the dealer to home. It's smooth and quiet.

Previous car? NB8C Mazda MX5. BIG change. :)

Your kx-s is 2wd or awd? Would you mind asking how much you paid driveway, thanx.

I'm tossing between kx-s and cx-9. budget is just 47k and thinking to buy either kx-s 2wd or second hand cx9 luxury.

Though not sure if new kx-s is possible in 47k mark. Guy at essendon Toyota said he can't make it for this price.

Your kx-s is 2wd or awd? Would you mind asking how much you paid driveway, thanx.

I'm tossing between kx-s and cx-9. budget is just 47k and thinking to buy either kx-s 2wd or second hand cx9 luxury.

Though not sure if new kx-s is possible in 47k mark. Guy at essendon Toyota said he can't make it for this price.

Dealers can often do all sorts of things with the price when they know you are ready to go and will sign on the dotted line. :)

it was probably because he knew you were still tossing up the options.

Spend 2k more mirz and get a new facelift KXS ;) (Speak to me, I'm the man who can do it for you! hehe)

Happs, I can help you if you know a relative or some way of proving you have a mailing address in Victoria, otherwise I can sell you a car without rego etc and you freight it across and rego it yourself.

I had a look at the CX-9 too but I decided against it because Toyota have fixed price servicing, and secondly the CX-9 drinks a lot more fuel.

That's very correct, last cx9 I took for a test drive had 17l/100 kms on it's display. We will be doin about 40% hwy and 60% city driving which makes cx9 bit extra thirsty on fuel.

I have booked a test drive on this saturday at essendon Toyota but they only have grande for test no tx-s at the moment.

I explained sales girl that I have decided to buy subject to test drive by mrs and further price cut :-) will see how we will go on saturday. We started budget from 40k for 2nd hand cx9 and now raised it to close to 47, but it won't be possible to stretch it further at this stage.

Scud are you in Toyota sales? Would be good if you can do a good price mate.

I just bought the facelift vcersion in a Grande 2wd with tow bar, tinted front windows, and roof racks and paid $59,200

That's pretty much spot on what I negotiated for mine, plus the additional cost for AWD which I went for. I got the nudge bar too.

What's the ETA on yours? Mine's late December.

I just bought the facelift vcersion in a Grande 2wd with tow bar, tinted front windows, and roof racks and paid $59,200

That's pretty much spot on what I negotiated for mine, plus the additional cost for AWD which I went for. I got the nudge bar too.

Hi happs,

I'm from perth too! I am looking at the kluger as well. Could you recommend me where you got your kluger from? I am also going to go through novated lease.

I am tossing between kxr and kxs.

Thanks

Hey Scud, which dealership you are at? I'm in Melbourne.

I'm after KX-S with follow accessories:

Front and rear sensors

Side steps

Bluetooth (i believe its a std on all KX-S)

Floor mats (carpet)

Headlight and bonnet protectors

Towbar

Tinted windows

and off course DRIVEAWAY :-)

do you have any colours in stock?

Pls pm me, I have to buy it in max next 2-3 weeks.

Edited by mirz

New Highlander owner here. Hi All :D

Took delivery of our old-shape 2010 KX-R 2WD just yesterday.

Including :

Metallic Paint

7 Seat option

Genuine Toyota rear parking sensors

Full tank of petrol

Cost us $38,800 drive away. Picked up the rear rubber protection mat plus 4 floor mats for $100 each aswell.

Declined the extended warranty, paint protection, rim/tyre insurance etc.

Edited by warrenkole

New Highlander owner here. Hi All :D

Took delivery of our old-shape 2010 KX-R 2WD just yesterday.

Including :

Metallic Paint

7 Seat option

Genuine Toyota rear parking sensors

Full tank of petrol

Cost us $38,800 drive away. Picked up the rear rubber protection mat plus 4 floor mats for $100 each aswell.

Declined the extended warranty, paint protection, rim/tyre insurance etc.

I might look at doing the built in GPS upgrade like so many others on here have done.

Also, has anyone got any suggestions as to replacing the standard key and remote with a combination remote key model? I hate having to carry so many bulky keys in my pocket :(

Cheers, Z.

P.S. This looks like a great site with terrific people.

Hi Warrenkole,

The drive away price is for novated lease?

The drive away price is for novated lease?

Hi cybistro,

$38,800 was a drive away price for a private buyer. No lease or fleet involved. Full cash payment upon taking delivery of the car.

Hi Guys,

I got my (August 2010 Build) Toyota Kluger KX-S 2WD about 3 weeks ago. Colour - Black, Sidesteps, Nudge Bar, Front & Rear Parking Sensors, Street Legal Window Tint (Front Windows), Kluger Carpet Mats (set of 4), Mudflaps (set of 4), Full tank of fuel, and when I picked it up from the Dealer it had the new Toyota Display Audio System installed in it (which was a big surprise to me!). Got all this for $49,000 drive away. Needless to say that I am very happy with my purchase!

Mine arrived last wek, i'm driving it now.

Hi Guys,

I got my (August 2010 Build) Toyota Kluger KX-S 2WD about 3 weeks ago. Colour - Black, Sidesteps, Nudge Bar, Front & Rear Parking Sensors, Street Legal Window Tint (Front Windows), Kluger Carpet Mats (set of 4), Mudflaps (set of 4), Full tank of fuel, and when I picked it up from the Dealer it had the new Toyota Display Audio System installed in it (which was a big surprise to me!). Got all this for $49,000 drive away. Needless to say that I am very happy with my purchase!

Congratulations on your new ride, i can imagine how exciting it would be for you :)

i got a quote for same KX-S 2WD brand new without any accessory drive-away for 46.5K. is it a good price at the moment?

Hi Guys,

Congratulations on your new ride, i can imagine how exciting it would be for you :)

i got a quote for same KX-S 2WD brand new without any accessory drive-away for 46.5K. is it a good price at the moment?

Thanks - it's a big change from driving the RAV4! Your price sounds okay. What colour and accessories are you looking at getting?

Edited by Princess

After graphite colour, 46.5k doesn't include any accessories.

Do you guys reckon I can get a better deal on run out model? Pls advise thanx

• 2 weeks later...

Finally bought kxs facelift with floormats, headlight and bonner protectors, and towbar with ball, plus full tank of fuel all driveway for 47.8k.

Now time starts to wait wait wait for another 5 days. Apprentely dealer has exchanged it with another dealer as we were after graphite colour.

Dealer is expecting delivery on Monday morning but going to handover on Friday, what dealer do with new car for 5 days?