Defyant

looking good there mate, just looking at the front looks like something from the tron movie...sleek yet futuristic :)

Seeing this and my bloody CCFL kit just arrived for the LS430 today... Im pretty sure ill be ditching the CCFL's and DIY LED rings like i was planning. At least the acrylic rings are all but invisible when off. Im really impressed with the output of these LED's.

Give the CCFL's a go dutchie, i still think they may have better brightness in direct sunlight if you want to run them in the day. I'm noticing that i don't notice mine in DS but at night they look more refined than both the beemer standard and the CCFL's aftermarkets.

These look GREAT!!!! I envy them! Really looks great on a white car with the black lights.

Very nice job! Wish I had half that amount of skill!

Cheers mate :)

Omg. Hottest front end going around!! Love it!!!!

It's the grill that makes it :yahoo: Cheers mate , wheres your new grill???

wow that looks great! those leds are bright even with the hids on. i like the side shots of them too they look like oem bmw angel eyes.

Cheers mate, thats my fav angle too :P i love seeing them in shop windows at night side on :)

Looking great! you have pulled off the angel eyes on the aurion very nicely.

Im lovin the 4 foglights on the thai camry. Its got me thinking..............

Cheers mate.

+1 it looks awesome mate you are mighty talented :yahoo:

Cheers Pah power to the white owners :)

looking good there mate, just looking at the front looks like something from the tron movie...sleek yet futuristic :)

Cheers mate i think seeing the orig tron etched something pretty deep in me. Ive been trying to add blue light effects to everything i owned ever since!

Plate Number memorized.. So I can stalk you in Sydney...:D

Mad skill... Cant wait to see it in person.

Black and White! i love it mate cya soon!

Awesome work.......

Tempted to find a spare set of headlights and give this a go myself. :D

Cheers mate :D if you do find a set lemme know! ibf'd if i can find a SH set in sydney.... :(

and i get the feeling with them being so rare wreckers will ask the world for em.

New they are 495 trade each.

It's the grill that makes it :yahoo: Cheers mate , wheres your new grill???

at the panel beaters getting painted up, will post pics when i get the car back :)

loving this car more and more everytime i see it :)

Cheers guys ty :) got a set of the CCF's to pick up today in replacement of that dodgy grill i got from carmate.

These are quoted as BMW ones but i have a hunch thy'r perfect for Aurions :)

• 2 weeks later...

real nice work dude :)

one of the best front end photographic wht's around imo

cheers cam

Cheers mate :)

just wondering.... how do your angels compare to rstyle's? http://www.rstyleracing.com/index.aspx?ProductID=Product-091205075260333

post-20462-0-19357800-1306843428_thumb.j

You mean these? its pretty much the bmw kit i think , these measure at 14cm..a little big but work ok. how do they compare? The ones from rstyle if the same as the carmate ones in the pic above are decent build qual, they are deffinatly brighter in daylight then my diy led made eyes.but the diy looks alot more refined at night imo. Wait till the weekend and i'll post some piccys side by side so you can compare.

You read my mind as I was reading that haha 'wonder what they are like side by side..?"

cant wait!

Here ya go, these were taken at about 4.20 in the arvo. still light but a bit overcast.

post-20462-0-75434600-1307000946_thumb.jpost-20462-0-78199600-1307000948_thumb.jpost-20462-0-26776400-1307000951_thumb.j

Thy'r decently made with proper steel backing to help reflection, Prolly the only thing im not keen on is the the light dosn't start till a fair way into the ring, where as the DIY LED rings the light goes completely from end to end. The other thing is the price AND THE EXTRA BALLEST! i'd be running 8 ballests all up including my HID's...... i'll stick with LED's for now.

post-20462-0-94751700-1307000949_thumb.j

The other thing too mzMinty, i just relised Your application for these will be completely different due to the odd shape of your highbeam surround.

hi defyant,

i was driving by Hurstville and im pretty sure i spotted your car parked not far from Dan Murphys.

this was last saturday i think, car is looking good...i really like the rims and the lowered stance.

do you have pedders?

cheers

Bru

I prefer the LED ones for looks overall. The inconsistent light actual looks really good and blends into the headlight as a feature rather than over the top bling. Plus the reliability of LEDs in a simple not ballast setup gets points too.

hi defyant,

i was driving by Hurstville and im pretty sure i spotted your car parked not far from Dan Murphys.

this was last saturday i think, car is looking good...i really like the rims and the lowered stance.

do you have pedders?

cheers

Bru

Cheers Bru , Yer that was us mate :) went shoppin at hursty mall with the missus. Yep stock bogger pedders 40mm drop.

Very nice work mate :clap: ...are you going to make anymore? maybe for selling or maybe even as a warm hearted donation to a fellow Aurion member :P

Mate i can make them nps. but each pair need a little tweek when they go in. Fitting them as a "perfect circle" causes them to sit funny. But if you bend them to the exact shape they actually fit better. Prolly should have explained this at the start. But i have my jig and can still knock them up if others are keen to fit.

I prefer the LED ones for looks overall. The inconsistent light actual looks really good and blends into the headlight as a feature rather than over the top bling. Plus the reliability of LEDs in a simple not ballast setup gets points too.

Cheers mate ty :) yer the thought of another 4 ballasts to add to my 4 already... LED ftw

loving the angel eyes!

Cheers mate ty :) i seem to be getting some pretty good milage outa them :)

agree with Steven - the overall look of your LED's are much better, the custom fit works better and I even prefer the tone of the colour. The pictures just prove how much better yours are! :clap:

I was looking at a new BMW with these the other day sitting in traffic (thanks to the cops prancing around the road....idiots) and they were really really dull. Kind of like when you go to a really old home that has old light bulbs.... :huh:

Was thinking how much better your's looked over them!

I also noted that some of the over all look you get would be ruined with the use of the eyelids on my headlights also...

Cheers mate yer the beemer one look a bit... blah dont they! some look ok but for the most that yellowish light looks .... old. Yep eyelids will do that, if you look @ carmates new ones "batman style" thyr designed to fit around.. not sure i can cop the look tho.

Remember! your headlights are the newer style... and show a Round and "C" type light... you could still use mine or the proper ones but the circle might look outa place in your light.

oh and thanks for the time takin the pics to share!

Anytime :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Wow.. Flattered to have a pic of my rear in some1's thread. I'm sure yours gonna outstand mine in any days, given ur skills in LED, I got none. biggrin.gif

Still searching ways to get that Angel eyes... But don't wanna pay most shops I know for what I reckon is a bit overpriced, concerning warranty issues.

You should come to one of the meets you know..

Edit: If you wanna blackened your roof, Lemme know, there are ways to do it a lot cheaper. + with ur handy skillz, Im sure it's piece a cake.

Great to see the lighting bug at work again... Im assuming that an old school LED freaker like yourself would have played with EL wire by now?

Some interesting accent work from Japan...

img56339333.jpg

Yes, the amazingly styled lights do help with the design, but you can see where im coming from....

:)