Toyota Corona 1984

hello and thanks for clicking on my thread. im new to the site i live in Tasmania i used to live in queensland but anyway back on topic.i would like to show you my Toyota Corona. First off when i saw this car for sale i was like CORONA isnt that a mexican drink :lol: i was like sick. Its all stock but its in mint condition, i Paid $1,200au its a 2 litre rear wheel drive as you all know, The body is in a metallic grey and thats all gravy baby. I would like to put some lower springs in it deep dish rims a full exhaust system and so on. i want to make this car look good sort of like the drift cars on the internet if you look on images you will see what i mean. Ill post a pic of mine like next week. but if you have any good tips or sites for parts that would be great.thanks

Danny

• 3 weeks later...

Hey mate

This is my first post. I have also just bought a st141 corona (this is my 3rd corona) and also are doing something similar to you. I paid $900 for it and dont intend on spending more than $800 on bodgey mods.

I have recently cut the front springs, put rx7 shocks in the rear, bonnet scoop and punched out the cat. The car is bogging like a piece of ****, ill need to check the comp and also the timing before if anything i change the carby to a weber of some sort (Or maybe rebuild and rejet the current carby if i can find someone to do it). I will possibly use s3 rx7 stockies on the front for some grip, ill see how they fit as they are different offsets. Also i will be changing the diff centre to an auto i believe they are 4.11? And also welding it.

I would also like to know what easy mods can be done? Diff wise t18? Front struts/brake upgrades rx7 s3?

I know some celica brakes ra60/80 will fit..

Cheers

• 2 years later...

Hey there Guys,

I had noticed it has been a few years since your last post. Im currently looking at the 1985 Avante model for sale. It has a 22R-E engine (2.4 litre EFI). Im going to check into doing engine conversions too if possible!

Anyways, Where are you guys now? Do you still own your vehicles ? There seems to be very low love for this type of Toyota