Rattling/creaking noise coming from engine bay

Hi guys, i drive a 2004 Corolla Sportivo. Im not the most mechanically minded person but i seem to notice any noise that is slightly abnormal. I was having an issue where i heard a creaking/rattling noise coming from somewhere in the engine bay area (more towards the front passenger side). I had it checked out by a mechanic and they found that I had a broken engine bracket. This was replaced and significantly reduced the noise however i am still hearing it and its certainly getting to me. Its now more or less a creaking noise that occurs when im releasing the clutch and taking off, or when I take my foot off the accelerator in a low gear and the car slightly jolts as it holds itself back. Just wondering if anyone may know what im talking about, where the problem is and how to fix it. Cheers.

Hi guys, i drive a 2004 Corolla Sportivo. Im not the most mechanically minded person but i seem to notice any noise that is slightly abnormal. I was having an issue where i heard a creaking/rattling noise coming from somewhere in the engine bay area (more towards the front passenger side). I had it checked out by a mechanic and they found that I had a broken engine bracket. This was replaced and significantly reduced the noise however i am still hearing it and its certainly getting to me. Its now more or less a creaking noise that occurs when im releasing the clutch and taking off, or when I take my foot off the accelerator in a low gear and the car slightly jolts as it holds itself back. Just wondering if anyone may know what im talking about, where the problem is and how to fix it. Cheers.

have u got any extra bars in the engine bay? cuz the rattling from my car came from my front strut tapping on the aircon pipe. bent it a bit back and no more rattling ;)

no i dont have any extra bars, i guess you could say im just starting out. Currently, i dont have ample amounts of money to spend on my car. Its more of a creaking noise rather than a rattle i guess. Anymore ideas?? cheers

Is it constant knocking or only when you do things to cause the engine to move i.e Taking off Gearing down or gearing up if its only when you do stuff like that get your engine mounts mayb checked?

Yeh its only when i take off or change down gears or accelerate, so generally anything that causes the engine to move. A couple of guys i know think it may be a CV joint in the suspension? could this cause the sound im describing?

Check the front exhaust mount, the one under the manifold above the rear engine mount, the welds break and looks like it is still welded and the bracket rattles. Worth a shot................

Is it constant knocking or only when you do things to cause the engine to move i.e Taking off Gearing down or gearing up if its only when you do stuff like that get your engine mounts mayb checked?

Yeh its only when i take off or change down gears or accelerate, so generally anything that causes the engine to move. A couple of guys i know think it may be a CV joint in the suspension? could this cause the sound im describing?

I had a similar problem, with previous cars not yet thank god with the stivo but they were always engine mounts.